SkyMaxx Pro v4.5 Has Been Released

Cameron

21 minutes ago, Rusny said:

I dont know what you mean, I am seeing triangles on top of mountain, they fade as I approach, I am currently flying in alps.

What I'm asking is if, as you get closer, that triangle happens to be the edge of a mountain. Part of me wonders if this is a "visibility fight".

How does this approach benefit you? Well, frankly, my argument is that it doesn't actually benefit you.  You just believe it does by stopping piracy of your products (which it doesn't do). If it doesn't benefit you, then by all means don't do it! I'm all for that. As you seem to suggest it doesn't benefit you, then go ahead and stop. Sell the products and move on.

It's funny how my products from other vendors don't connect to servers, don't treat their customers like crooks and don't call customers whiners..... If you honestly believe you don't have a reputation in need of work then you're choosing not to see the talk about X-Aviation (try Googling "Customer Service X-Aviation". I've been one of your supporters up to this point. I defy you to find a post from my saying a single negative word about your company until this morning. That should tell you something. When others said the customer service with X-Aviation was the worst I defended you and pointed out that my experience was generally fine and that the products I bought worked. 

On the TV example, sorry, it's absolutely apropos. You try to invalidate it because you don't want to accept that you goofed here. Comparing a start button to a license screen is, however, ludicrous. A start button is generally there to allow a player to decide when they want to start. Perhaps they're getting comfortable, getting a drink, discussing the previous round of play, etc. The start button is actually serving a beneficial purpose requested BY players.

As far as nagging, you absolutely are. I have two options with you. A ) force me to lose immersion and click a POINTLESS license screen that shouts "X-Aviation NOW believes you're not a thief, but only until the next launch of this game." or B ) turn that off and get nagged for a username and password that I have to manually enter every two weeks. GREAT options there. I can see why you put out a video.... I'm amazed I didn't see this covered in the Times. Give me a break. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

What I'm asking is if, as you get closer, that triangle happens to be the edge of a mountain. Part of me wonders if this is a "visibility fight".

Definetely not part of a mountain, just randam triangles, I saw couple of them at EGKL and there is no mountains there, They are randam triangles and fades as you approach them.

How does this approach benefit you? Well, frankly, my argument is that it doesn't actually benefit you. 

You make zero sense. You tried to state that a notification benefits me. Now you're just talking absolute nonsense. How does it benefit ME?

It benefits our customers by letting them know we did not sneak behind their back to call up our server. You have shown me no proof that such a notification somehow benefits me. Thus far it's been a poor argument.

It's funny how my products from other vendors don't connect to servers, don't treat their customers like crooks and don't call customers whiners.....

Are you living under a rock? Almost any popular X-Plane add on connects to servers for activation. xEnviro even requires an always on connection.

If you honestly believe you don't have a reputation in need of work then you're choosing not to see the talk about X-Aviation (try Googling "Customer Service X-Aviation".

A few people in a sea of so many thousands, and most illegitimate people who choose to be spiteful after being caught stealing or sharing with friends. You can't sell me on this.

I've been one of your supporters up to this point. I defy you to find a post from my saying a single negative word about your company until this morning. That should tell you something. When others said the customer service with X-Aviation was the worst I defended you and pointed out that my experience was generally fine and that the products I bought worked.

Am I somehow supposed to all of a sudden love you? Equally the same, you're now spouting off troll style, borderline exaggerated BS over multiple forums now. Thanks?

As far as nagging, you absolutely are. I have two options with you. A ) force me to lose immersion and click a POINTLESS license screen that shouts "X-Aviation NOW believes you're not a thief, but only until the next launch of this game."

It's almost laughable what a huge deal you're making out of a mouse click. And, you refuse to comprehend the reasoning for it.

or B ) turn that off and get nagged for a username and password that I have to manually enter every two weeks.

Nope, it will not request your username and password again. It will just auto update the license every two weeks and let you know it did it. God forbid you have to click a notification twice in a month that your license is valid!

GREAT options there. I can see why you put out a video.... I'm amazed I didn't see this covered in the Times. Give me a break.

Give ME a break.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

Aren't those brownish red triangles an artifact of the X-Plane lighting and/or fog? I have seen this often before in X-Plane 10 and 11 and I thought it was related to X-Plane itself.

Yes, I'm 99% sure this is an X-Plane issue. SkyMaxx Pro doesn't light or fog the terrain.

Yes, I'm 99% sure this is an X-Plane issue. SkyMaxx Pro doesn't light or fog the terrain.

Could be X-Plane issue but I never seen them in my setup before, just coincidence after SMP4.5 updates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

I am a SkyMaxx Pro user since previous versions, and I never had problem. Yesterday I've downloaded the the 4.5v and all clouds disappeared... :mellow: If I disable the plugin, the clouds (default XP) appear again.

Is this something that you are aware of? I'll attach two screens, with and without the plugin active.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!

Plugin active.jpg

No plugin.jpg

4 hours ago, Cameron said:

You make zero sense. You tried to state that a notification benefits me. Now you're just talking absolute nonsense. How does it benefit ME?

And you are horrible at customer service. My position is clear to many here. The notification PROCESS benefits you or are you actually going to lie and say you spent the time and money to create this process purely to benefit the customer? Why does it exist at all? Well, we know why it exists. It exists because of your mistaken belief that it prevents piracy. That's nonsense and data has always proven that to be the case. A simple search shows your products readily available to pirates and free of these annoyances. So tell me again why I should pay you? To be called a whiner? To be called a thief? To be told I make no sense? 

You have shown me no proof that such a notification somehow benefits me. Thus far it's been a poor argument.

Again, basic business Cameron. You spent time and money to create this process. Did you create this process solely for the good of the customer, or to protect your assets? It's fine if it's both, but we  both know that the primary purpose of this process is for your benefit, not ours. 

Are you living under a rock? Almost any popular X-Plane add on connects to servers for activation. xEnviro even requires an always on connection.

That's hilarious. I own dozens of products that function flawlessly without any such connection. So apparently my rock is the correct one for consumers. I would hate to live under a rock where everyone is perceived to be out to get you. Such a cynical way to go about things. 

You can't sell me on this.

I am not trying to change your mind on anything. I am the customer. I encountered a final line I'm not willing to cross and informed you of that standing, calmly. I even thought it had to be a bug and posted my log file. Within one or two messages you were calling me names. That just cemented my position on this. As noted, I tried the straight approach and was ridiculed for it. Now I'm telling you (and anyone that asks me) that I will not spend another penny with X-Aviation as long as these sorts of processes are in place. I thought as a business owner that you should know that. Perhaps you would prefer to never hear why people leave you as a customer. As a business owner I prefer to know why people support me and why they don't -- no matter how tough it might be and it decades of doing this I have never once called a customer names even if they resorted to all out insults. 

Am I somehow supposed to all of a sudden love you? Equally the same, you're now spouting off troll style, borderline exaggerated BS over multiple forums now. Thanks?

I posted this hear and one general post on X-Plane.org. That is my prerogative as a disgruntled customer. That comes with owning a business. And no, I don't expect anything from my providers other than a respectful discourse which I did not get here. 

It's almost laughable what a huge deal you're making out of a mouse click. And, you refuse to comprehend the reasoning for it.

And it's laughable that you cannot understand how you come off to people. I entirely comprehend the reasoning for the pop-up and it's irrelevant to my concern. If it make cows fart dollar bills I still wouldn't want it. 

Nope, it will not request your username and password again. It will just auto update the license every two weeks and let you know it did it. God forbid you have to click a notification twice in a month that your license is valid!

That's the one positive thing stated on this and I will be sure to point that out if anyone brings it up. The way it came off from others was that in two weeks I'd be hit with the username and password prompt of old. And, you know what? Had you actually said that this morning in message #1, we likely wouldn't be in this little debate. You didn't, so we are. Instead of trying to understand ME, the customer, you got your haunches up in one or two posts and turned this into a male measuring contest. You have no one to blame for that but yourself. I've told you my concern. I didn't just vanish and speak badly about you behind your back. I have now decided I'd rather not spend my money on a company that handles itself this way and I am FAR from alone on that count. I am just sorry and surprised that after so many years it had to end like this.

Best of luck....

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

And you are horrible at customer service. My position is clear to many here.

Yes. I can see the "many" that are coming to defend you. Meanwhile in my PM box discussing you....

The notification PROCESS benefits you or are you actually going to lie and say you spent the time and money to create this process purely to benefit the customer?

You're beginning to border on the line of idiocy. Yes, the notification is for the benefit of the customer. Personally? I would rather it not exist and we just do what we want. Ethically? I can't do that. Having worked in this market on an international level for 10 years I know damn well how much people here take their privacy very seriously, ESPECIALLY with licensing and activation.

It exists because of your mistaken belief that it prevents piracy.

A notification does nothing to prevent piracy. That's dumb.

A simple search shows your products readily available to pirates and free of these annoyances.

I'm happy to realize you haven't used these products then. They are purposefully riddled with things. Don't mistake or fool yourself into thinking we don't have tamper detection measures.

So tell me again why I should pay you? To be called a whiner? To be called a thief? To be told I make no sense? 

It seems to be that's what you're paying me for at the moment. All the clicks and typing you've made are worth months of single clicks to dismiss the twice monthly message. Dumb. Calling a spade a spade is just the extra value you're getting in this. I'm not going to suck up to you for being over the top.

Did you create this process solely for the good of the customer

Yep.

That's hilarious. I own dozens of products that function flawlessly without any such connection. So apparently my rock is the correct one for consumers. I would hate to live under a rock where everyone is perceived to be out to get you. Such a cynical way to go about things. 

Evidently you don't own Flight Factor, xEnviro, FJS, or the many other products which utilize online activation. Contrary to you, many others do.

Now I'm telling you (and anyone that asks me) that I will not spend another penny with X-Aviation as long as these sorts of processes are in place.

I don't want your business given your attitude. Thankfully MANY others have sent in messages of support against you. Quite okay with this decision of yours.

I posted this hear and one general post on X-Plane.org.

And reddit.

That's the one positive thing stated on this and I will be sure to point that out if anyone brings it up. The way it came off from others was that in two weeks I'd be hit with the username and password prompt of old. And, you know what? Had you actually said that this morning in message #1, we likely wouldn't be in this little debate.

Feel free to correct the misinformation you're spreading then: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122730-done-with-x-aviation/&do=findComment&comment=1181723

And it's laughable that you cannot understand how you come off to people.

The mirror will do you wonders.

I have now decided I'd rather not spend my money on a company that handles itself this way and I am FAR from alone on that count. I am just sorry and surprised that after so many years it had to end like this.

See ya.

@Agrajag

I don't get the point here... what is the problem with the new activation process? In my eye it is really straight forward, no more serial numbers, no more requesting new activations, unlimited downloads in the store that don't expire... From MY customer point of view this is a great step forward and I really appreciate this development. And, honestly, clicking one popup every start ist just another click when setting up my aicraft from cold and dark... and you are able to limit this click to happen once in two weeks. Further, copy protection is a common thing in software, gaming and even flight simulation for years now.

I really don't understand what this is all about.

Edited by FlyAgi
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GiuseppeFTS said:

Is this something that you are aware of? I'll attach two screens, with and without the plugin active.

Some others had this problem too... I can see the smp cirrus layer so it is actually working, but without showing clouds. So I suggest to temporarily disable other plugins and maybe performance tweaks installed into flywithlua and then try again. 

I now understand your myopia.... You actually believe some of this stuff you say -- like that piracy is minimal for X-Aviation products. If you really believe that, then humanity is wasting its time with you. I'm willing to bet you that more people (and it's likely an exponent) run SkyMaxx Pro illegally than own it. If you don't think that's true then we need to bottle whatever it is you took to get you to that fantastical dream land. You think that, because you get PM's, that you must be the only one and that the fanatics that want to be in your good graces (we can all now see what it's like to not be there) might do so for their own benefit.... 

You clearly continue to spew things that are patently, easily put down, but not in your mind. Simple point:

Ask a customer of yours "Would you prefer to own a product that has no validation or one that has validation?" 

Your intransigence on this point makes my case for me. Everyone would prefer no validation EXCEPT YOU. Are you denying that? Your position says you are. Why? Because in your view it's better than what it was before. Grass is better to eat that dirt, but that doesn't make either of them something to go make a trumpeted video and press release over as a major win for the eater. 

A process which is related to validation of a product exists why? To validate the user. You know how I know I'm validated? Because I PAID for your product. I don't need to be told continually that I'm valid. I know I'm valid. Stop insulting me. I don't care what others may or may not do. I am your customer. I care about what you do. 

Regarding tamper processes, yeah, another smoke and mirrors answer. You're out of your league on this one, but nothing will convince you of it so we'll move on. Regarding why I'm "spending all these keystrokes" it's called principle. I understand that this is a concept you might find challenging, but you screwed up this interaction from the outset and don't like it. I give what I get and that too you seem very put off by. Welcome to the mirror. You keep lying time and again and there's no help for that. Good luck convincing customers that you created a validation of their purchase solely for their benefit. Again, I dare you to ask them the above question and we'll see how that poll goes. You won't dare do it.

Uh I own FJS. You seem uninformed about their full product line. I can fill you in if you like, but you'll likely just ignore that as you have virtually every single thing I've said to you. Typical.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Your intransigence on this point makes my case for me. Everyone would prefer no validation EXCEPT YOU. Are you denying that?

This topic is about a stupid push notification. The rest is moot. You trying to add more elements is just lunacy.

17 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I'm willing to bet you that more people (and it's likely an exponent) run SkyMaxx Pro illegally than own it.

I'll take you on that bet.

19 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

A process which is related to validation of a product exists why? To validate the user. You know how I know I'm validated? Because I PAID for your product. I don't need to be told continually that I'm valid. I know I'm valid. Stop insulting me. I don't care what others may or may not do. I am your customer. I care about what you do. 

You're not the only customer that matters, oh Holy one. Your years of boring writing on this can be kept to yourself. It's not going to change anything here, and no matter what you say, you will never have the experience of the market or how the younger crowd of it function in it when it comes to piracy, regardless of what you think.

21 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Regarding tamper processes, yeah, another smoke and mirrors answer. You're out of your league on this one, but nothing will convince you of it so we'll move on. Regarding why I'm "spending all these keystrokes" it's called principle.

I know more about this subject than you do. I also know how the attempted cracks that came about work. And, I also know our tamper detection mechanisms that report things to us and ultimately lead to piracy crack down on these "cracked" products (which by the way, is old crap...like IXEG 1.0.5 even though they try and label as the latest, or SkyMaxx Pro v3, etc). I'm more than positive I keep a MUCH closer eye of dissection on it than you.

Go on, have a read. Enjoy some of the threads about entire X-Plane installs being deleted from pirates too. You want to take the gamble of piracy? Go for it. :)

My point is very simple: You're making LOUD noises about a stupid mouse click. That's amazing, and a total waste of time.

13 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

A process which is related to validation of a product exists why? To validate the user.

The system would not work without validation. It needs validation to make sure a revoked license really gets diabled, in this case after a maximum of two weeks. If this is not made sure the whole copy protection is completely useless. This is not implemented for telling you that you are valid. So I suggest setting it up so it pops up every two weeks for only bothering you when it really needs a new activation. The validation after each sim start is ment to reset the days counter as often as possible so you can use the product as long as possible when you are having connection problems or similar stuff happens that could prevent you from reactivating. In such a case it is better having two weeks until next check than having maybe only three days. And this is how the system serves you and not Cameron or X-Aviation.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FlyAgi said:

The system would not work without validation. It needs validation to make sure a revoked license really gets diabled, in this case after a maximum of two weeks. If this is not made sure the whole copy protection is completely useless. This is not implemented for telling you that you are valid. So I suggest setting it up so it pops up every two weeks for only bothering you when it really needs a new activation. The validation after each sim start is ment to reset the days counter as often as possible so you can use the product as long as possible when you are having connection problems or similar stuff happens that could prevent you from reactivating. In such a case it is better having two weeks until next check than having maybe only three days. And this is how the system serves you and not Cameron or X-Aviation.

This guy gets it. Thank you for your sanity.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Cameron, as I've said elsewhere, the options you give are all one-sided and benefit only you. Sorry, but I prefer to deal with companies that don't assume from the get-go that I'm a thief out to get them. Sure, I can turn off this option and then be nagged EVERY TWO WEEKS for the privilege of having bought a product from you.

Imagine if you bought a TV and every time you turned it on you had to turn off a license screen that came up each time. You'd be livid. Are you going to actually sit there and suggest to me that this isn't the case? That you'd be perfectly fine with doing that?

What other provider nags their customers like this? I own dozens of pieces of flight sim software and the only nagging I get is from X-Aviation.  

https://www.theverge.com/2016/5/30/11814706/samsung-smart-televisions-new-menu-bar-ads-european-expansion

9 hours ago, Agrajag said:

Cameron, as I've said elsewhere, the options you give are all one-sided and benefit only you. Sorry, but I prefer to deal with companies that don't assume from the get-go that I'm a thief out to get them. Sure, I can turn off this option and then be nagged EVERY TWO WEEKS for the privilege of having bought a product from you.

Imagine if you bought a TV and every time you turned it on you had to turn off a license screen that came up each time. You'd be livid. Are you going to actually sit there and suggest to me that this isn't the case? That you'd be perfectly fine with doing that?

What other provider nags their customers like this? I own dozens of pieces of flight sim software and the only nagging I get is from X-Aviation.  

We're done here.

2 hours ago, FlyAgi said:

Having recently been through a house move, a flood, and faced with continual shitty solar powered, wifi hopping, 3G cellular internet....... I built the system to serve the worst connectivity and the laziest use case.

If you play regularly and something unexpected happens, expect your licenses to keep working.

If you go on holiday and dont have time to update your license before you go out the door, expect it to keep working.

Etc.

Thanks for seeing the positive.

Fly,

Only once have I had to request a new activation and that's over years so that really wasn't a concern.

I'm also very glad it works for some/most people. It doesn't work for me and in sharing that concern I had to get raked over the coals with customer service only Hades would approve.

I have been in game development for three times longer than Cameron has been doing this. I know all about copy protection and there's good implementations and bad implementations. Thus is the latter and the fact that it's better than before is not good on my view. Eating grass is better than eating dirt but neither is desirable.

None of my other products resort to this type of protection and certainly all of them know how to discuss things like normal people.

Cameron's responses are entirely unprofessional and simply horrid. At this point it's as much about my disgust on his handling of this as the other.

You don't have to share my view and that's fine. I will not attack you for your view.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Fly,

Only once have I had to request a new activation and that's over years so that really wasn't a concern.

I'm also very glad it works for some/most people. It doesn't work for me and in sharing that concern I had to get raked over the coals with customer service only Hades would approve.

I have been in game development for three times longer than Cameron has been doing this. I know all about copy protection and there's good implementations and bad implementations. Thus is the latter and the fact that it's better than before is not good on my view. Eating grass is better than eating dirt but neither is desirable.

None of my other products resort to this type of protection and certainly all of them know how to discuss things like normal people.

Cameron's responses are entirely unprofessional and simply horrid. At this point it's as much about my disgust on his handling of this as the other.

You don't have to share my view and that's fine. I will not attack you for your view.

What do you call a rant spread across multiple forums?

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122730-done-with-x-aviation/

Edited by Ben Russell

4 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Fly,

X-Plane itself will BLOCK loading your entire session for the following:

- Updates available.

- Scenery Error

- Scenery is water.

- Serial number requires validation.

- New input device detected, want to configure it?

...and then some.

I'm a few versions behind XP11 current due to my shitty internet ($10/gig) and other life issues.

You're making a massive fuss over a tiny mouse click. There are way bigger issues going on at every IT level than this.

12 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

Fly,

iOS-9.3-Auto-Install-firmware-updates-iP

I get this(exact screenshot not provided but you get the point) on my phone about once every few days and it cannot be disabled. It BLOCKS interaction with the phone until its dismissed and it's irritating as hell because it BLOCKS.

Edited by Ben Russell

5 hours ago, Cameron said:

This topic is about a stupid push notification. The rest is moot. You trying to add more elements is just lunacy.

Wow. I'm either talking with a child or a failed programmer. Not quite sure which yet, but the chip on your shoulder is immense. This topic is about much more than a push notification, and the reason you want the rest to be moot is that you don't have answers for any of the rest. So noted. 

You're not the only customer that matters, oh Holy one. Your years of boring writing on this can be kept to yourself. It's not going to change anything here, and no matter what you say, you will never have the experience of the market or how the younger crowd of it function in it when it comes to piracy, regardless of what you think.

Again, you don't know anything about me, but constantly want to compare resumes like any insecure child would. I don't care to change your mind at this point. The main issue is over. You don't want me as a customer and I will never spend another dime on anything put out through you. We can both be happy in that. 

I know more about this subject than you do.

What's my favorite color? Where do I spend my summers? What's my vocational background? You know none of this, but make this claim. That speaks volumes about every position you hold. You hold it simply because you need to believe that you're smarter than everyone else. You'll either grow out of that or likely to end up very lonely. 

Again, here's what went down. I bought products from you over several years. I never said anything negative at any point. I sent in a few minor tickets. I supported your company when people (and you know it's not a small number) said your company was at the top of the heap for having the worst customer service in the industry. I even sent in a totally standard question about clouds the other day. All fine interactions. So, you have this customer over several years... Never an issue and suddenly you want to believe that I've lost my mind. Good luck with that excuse. The reality is that I posted my concern about your latest endeavor. I got a confused response. I clarified my concerns and made it clear exactly what my concerns were, including asking exactly what happens if I turned off the pop-up. From that point on all I got from you was ATTACK. Anyone can re-read this thread that cares to and that is what they will see. Totally unprofessional. Totally not the work of anyone that gives a damn about their reputation. Unlike many people you likely have been able to bully off, it failed with me and you don't know how to handle that. You can try to justify things any way you want, but those are the facts.

In the end, we both can learn a lesson here that we agree on. I don't want to be your customer any longer and you don't want me as one. Win/win. 

• Downvote 2

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic