[Solved]Engine sound problem

bikeroli90

Hi there,

Absolutely amazed by this simulation. By far the most accurate airliner I've seen on any platform, fantastic job!

I am aware of others experiencing this issue and after trying the suggestions wanted to describe the conditions which I seem to experience it. Hopefully someone else may have seen/fixed this issue. 

During startup, the first engine sounds detectable in the flight deck appear as a low frequency humm of increasing pitch (proportional to N2/N1 speed) at around 15% N2. This sound is normally present throughout all engine speed ranges and the frequency (pitch) of the sound is always proportional to engine speed (fairly high pitch but quiet at idle).

The issue is that I do not always get this sound (it's not clear what conditions stop this sound). I will always get the transient low frequency humm at light off (just as fuel is introduced to combustion chamber) but the higher pitch "permanent" sound is a little more hit or miss.

i have found a few ways to get the missing sound back:

1. Firewall the throttles with the engines at idle (the sound will reappear as the engines accelerate past approx 70% N1) and then slowly retard the throttles back to idle. Pull the throttles back too quickly and the sound disappears again.

2. During start (just after light-off), set fuel cutoff switches to cutoff then back to run.

3. If the sound doesn't appear at start, click on save changes on the preflight menu to reset the aircraft to a "turnaround" configuration.

I have tried uninstalling the gnd handling plugin but again this sound issue remains. Note that the issue is intermittent and possible to get around but with such an immersive simulation it seems a shame to have to resort to revving engines just after start!

Anyone else with experience this problem?

Any other solutions to try?

FYI using XP10.

Thanks!

Edited by Morten

• 2 weeks later...