EZCA 2.0

djt

I was wondering if there has been any talk of possibly getting something similar to the EZdok Camera Add-on developed for X-Plane?

The realistic cockpit/cabin motion that EZCA 1.17 provides is really the only reason why I even look at FSX anymore. This add-on or something similar would really be something with X-Plane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOOjmWju8vQ

That would be amazing - and doesn't seem anywhere near as hard as the stuff indi's been doing with Gizmo

If it were as good as the video, I'd open my wallet, no problem.

I have seen some add-ons (and the built in effect you can enable / disable) but the effect is nowhere near convincing enough (too strong, no subtlety, too simple)

I hope Capnsully is seeing this too...

I do like to shoot video from time to time and this seems like a great little device to bring more reality to the sim.

BTW djt, that's an exceptional platform you're running. I would think NASA might wish to lease it occasionally. :)

kiofka's right, I was about to reply. I too wish we had an ezdok equivalent, it's fluid movement is amazing. But if u practice with cntrl-o and freeview, you can get good results, albeit with fingers all over the keyboard!  Yes pilotview is very good too, especially combined with  trackir. Still lots of room for improvement, especially to control speed of movement.

Yes dj, u have a cool rig (or hot?) Chip is about to take delivery of his Godzilla though, 512gig of SSD hd!

I'm glad to see I wasn't alone in my interest in seeing the EZCA camera add-on (or something similar) being developed for X-Plane.

The same question was brought up over at X-Plane.org and I received a response from someone who already created a plugin that does something similar -

http://www.xpluginsdk.org/pilot_view.htm

I haven't had a chance to try it yet and was wondering if anyone here has any experience using this plugin?

BTW djt, that's an exceptional platform you're running. I would think NASA might wish to lease it occasionally.

Lol, I don't know how it would do over at NASA but with the sims/games I run it does a good job. It's actually one of two i7 setups I've been running over the last year. The other one uses a quad and the ATI 5870 (specs below).

ASUS Rampage II Extreme (1914 BIOS)

Intel Core i7-975 Extreme Edition w/Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT

Mushkin Redline Ascent 6GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) (6-7-6-18-1N)

Asus/ATI 5870 (Catalyst 10.11)

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

WD VelociRaptor 150GB Windows 7 Ultimate 64/SP1 RC

WD VelociRaptor 300GB Games/Programs

SILVERSTONE 1500Watt SST

SILVERSTONE TJ09-B

Yes dj, u have a cool rig (or hot?) Chip is about to take delivery of his Godzilla though, 512gig of SSD hd!

That will propably be my next upgrade for the two i7 setups, SSD's.  I've been waiting for the SATA III spec SSD's to be released along with Intel's native SATA III controller.

the pilot view plugin does not do the movement effects such as when you roll. The vibration is a little overdone too, it may be configurable, but couldn't fix it when I played.

That said, it+built in is prob best available for now.

Sounds disappointing compared to what I've seen using EZCA 1.17 with FSX.  I would have thought that there would be head latency with all movement.

How about when the landing gear finally hit's the runway, what is that like?

the pilot view plugin does not do the movement effects such as when you roll. The vibration is a little overdone too, it may be configurable, but couldn't fix it when I played.

That said, it+built in is prob best available for now.

Sounds disappointing compared to what I've seen using EZCA 1.17 with FSX.  I would have thought that there would be head latency with all movement.

How about when the landing gear finally hit's the runway, what is that like?

No effect I believe.

Thanks for the responses, the plugin is available at no charge and I paid $35.00 for EZCA so I'm certainly not complaining.  If it can be done for X-Plane I'd be glad to pay Mr. Barbour for a plugin that has all the functionality that the FSX add-on has.

Oh I totally agree, Sany's plugin is amazing for the money.

I would be prepared to pay for somehitng with equivalent functionality to the FSX version, even would pay something that has parity with FSX default camera effects, albeit not as much.

From what I've read the EZdok Camera add-on relies on simconnect with FSX so I don't know if Ezdok would develop something similar for X-Plane.

Maybe with seeing how much interest there is in his plugin, Sandy might develop it further whether it becomes payware or not?

• 3 years later...