What is the next IXEG?

manguras

I hope you guys can try to look at the Dehaviiland Dash 8-100/300, i flew this fantastic machine on fsx earlier,as well of many hours at jumpseat to, and it was made by Majestic software, but its not made for X-plane, i really appreciate if it would be made by IXEG, thats because youre good at the details and the reality of the 737 :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Andreas84 said:

I hope you guys can try to look at the Dehaviiland Dash 8-100/300, i flew this fantastic machine on fsx earlier,as well of many hours at jumpseat to, and it was made by Majestic software, but its not made for X-plane, i really appreciate if it would be made by IXEG, thats because youre good at the details and the reality of the 737 :) 

Dash 8-100/300 is good because has steam gauge but I stay on Boeing line :)

• Upvote 1

TDPlane I agre with you. imagine one NG or Max made by IXEG? Would be the end...[emoji38]

This is true but PMDG is already working on porting their NG to XPlane, even if they'll make official announcements only at a later stage when the most part of the work will be done. Why not making a study level 787 instead?

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, crisk73 said:

This is true but PMDG is already working on porting their NG to XPlane, even if they'll make official announcements only at a later stage when the most part of the work will be done. Why not making a study level 787 instead?

Do you think they are doing this?

I can not believe they're working on some project after release of DC-6

1 hour ago, crisk73 said:

This is true but PMDG is already working on porting their NG to XPlane

when this interview took place? i have seen a post from Randazzo a few weeks ago to someone asking about porting the 747 and he said the DC6 was a layer to learn and interact with XP for the future, but XP does not support what they require for their complex 747 yet. While his response was about the 747, i am wondering whether this also restricts their 737NG or 777 porting?? (i am specifically interested on the 777 from them not the 737)

05/feb copy/paste from his response post

Actually, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with my decision that we will not be porting the 747 to X-Plane any time soon.  Our products are designed to be largely platform independent- which takes a HUGE amount of work up front, but was more or less accomplished with this product.

The DC-6 development was designed to build the connection layer that will exist between any PMDG airplane and X-Plane.  We simply need the platform to catch up with what we are able to do under other platforms before we can move something as big and complex as the 747 into X-Plane.

Currently the platform cannot take this airplane in the level of detail we have created it, without us removing some pieces that our customers feel are pretty critical- and that we feel are critical to the product's success.

That is it in a nutshell.

link (page 2): http://www.avsim.com/topic/503584-pmdg-747-will-come-to-x-plane-aswell/page-2

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

2 hours ago, jonfrederickl said:

nah 744 guaranteed 

I suspect you might be right, especially as PMDG have said not to expect their 747 V3 in X-Plane in the forseeable future. It clears the way for someone else to put serious resource into developing a 744 for X-Plane. Please, IXEG, get there before anyone else does...

• Upvote 2

I would love to see IXEG continue the short haul theme, and edge of extinction theme, by developing the Embraer 135/145 line.  Lots of service to smaller airports, with multiple legs per day.  More interesting that taking off, setting the AP, leaving the computer for 4 hours, then coming back to land....LOL.

Tim

On 2/23/2017 at 11:02 PM, captain_alligator said:

I suspect you might be right, especially as PMDG have said not to expect their 747 V3 in X-Plane in the forseeable future. It clears the way for someone else to put serious resource into developing a 744 for X-Plane. Please, IXEG, get there before anyone else does...

100%, Jan also said that he flew the 744 in commercial service until he went back to the 737. He also stated flying an airbus but pfft, we don't need that info :P

Edited by jonfrederickl