Next update

g7usl

5 hours ago, tkyler said:

I agree the question warrants an answer.  I don't mind putting it out wherever I can so the word gets out.

We don't know exactly when....and here's why.

We all have day jobs but my particular day job is project based, rather than 9-5  based.  Sometimes, these projects, being deadline based, can consume multiple months with narry any time for anything else...which is exactly what is going on at the moment.  Despite my deepest desire to NOT being working on my current project, I am contractually obligated to finish it....and it is now consuming 70+ hours a week of my time and feels like "work prison".  .....here's the good news though.

When this project is done....and do note that I initiated this contract a good 8 months before the release of the 737..... I won't be taking on another.  I will go back to the 737 and you will see the frequent updates you saw after the release as long we can find things to improve.  When is this magic date?   To be perfectly honest, I thought it would be by now....but sewing up final details is dragging out longer than I thought and I have no path but forward to get it out of the way and get back to the 737 for you guys.   This is not an "abondonment" issue.  Just the nature of the beast for x-plane devs who have to supplement the work with other forms of life support for the moment.   

I wish it were not so...but until x-plane has a larger market share, tis what it is.  I can only assure you these folks on the team are some of the most dedicated and stable individuals I have ever worked with and have no doubt we'll be delivering again soon.

-tkyler

Thank you so much, for being so honest with us. The situation is now more understandable and you are one of very few that take the trouble to inform your loyal customers.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Had you taken the time to explore it you'd find there's a preferences control panel that lets you turn the tool tray off.

You can find this from both the tool tray itself AND Plugins > Gizmo > Windows > Preferences.

Hahahaha.  And had I taken the time to work out religiously as a young man, I could have been Mr. Universe.   :lol::lol:

Now, if only I could do something about those darn flyout menus on the left side of the screen that continually pop out, and stay out as my cursor moves from my primary monitor to my secondary, when using a second monitor to the left of my main monitor. B)

Tim

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing against IXEG, but I feel as if at this pace they will be releasing 1.1 in 2018. I understand this is their side gig, but come on, for $75 we can at least expect more consistent updates. I will probably get railed at for talking the truth, but spending $75 for quality should come with quality product support. 

I am growing impatient for the brand, and while I appreciate the wonderful work you guys have done (and how transparent you are), it's a little ridiculous to make us wait this long for much needed updates. I'm not one to read or write on forums often, but I would recommend writing on your product page that this is a side-gig project and is not currently 100% finished. It's not fair to people like us that don't have the means to buy a new payware every month. This is my one payware for the year (due to money constraints).

I hope IXEG proves me wrong, and I really appreciate the work you guys have done thus far. All I ask for is TCAS, a progress page that works, and for the FMC to stop freezing.. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Nothing against IXEG, but I feel as if at this pace they will be releasing 1.1 in 2018. I understand this is their side gig, but come on, for $75 we can at least expect more consistent updates. I will probably get railed at for talking the truth, but spending $75 for quality should come with quality product support. 

I am growing impatient for the brand, and while I appreciate the wonderful work you guys have done (and how transparent you are), it's a little ridiculous to make us wait this long for much needed updates. I'm not one to read or write on forums often, but I would recommend writing on your product page that this is a side-gig project and is not currently 100% finished. It's not fair to people like us that don't have the means to buy a new payware every month. This is my one payware for the year (due to money constraints).

I hope IXEG proves me wrong, and I really appreciate the work you guys have done thus far. All I ask for is TCAS, a progress page that works, and for the FMC to stop freezing.. 

Just because you don't see something going on doesn't mean something isn't going on. There is a team testing daily the new updates and sifting out bugs so our customers don't have to.

The only people you'll find in X-Plane not doing anything as a side project as a developer would basically be Laminar themselves.

Lastly, you purchased this product EIGHT DAYS AGO! This post of yours is even more ridiculous given that bit of information.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

I don't think posting customer information in this forum is a responsibly behavior concerning personal data, Cameron.

Bassy regards

Benjamin

There's zero personal information there, Benjamin. We're talking about an order date. Personal would be something like a birth date. The only thing gained is context, and quite importantly so.

See his other public post in this forum at him revealing on his own just how new a purchaser he is.

You're trying to make something of nothing. Stop.

• Downvote 10

Is there a chance to get a visual update before the systems update. The outside model is quite steril, no doors, hatches operating, textures looking a bit outdated (compared to Carenados or ROTATE SIM 4k resolution) and the ground equipment is plain ugly and connected trough invisible wires.   

Is there a chance to get a visual update before the systems update. The outside model is quite steril, no doors, hatches operating, textures looking a bit outdated (compared to Carenados or ROTATE SIM 4k resolution) and the ground equipment is plain ugly and connected trough invisible wires.   

No, this will come at a later time and is not the current priority.

The beta team - which are doing a fantastic job by the way - is currently at beta v1.1b3 and things are looking promising so far :)

As most of you know, everyone on the team does this on their spare time besides full time jobs, family and kids. We are doing our best to get v1.1 out to you as soon as we can.

M

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, machvista said:

About freezing FMC....

Exclude Xplane folder from Antivirus -like Windows Defender- and if you have G-Data - uninstall it.

I was struggling with freezing for a long time and the support team here was very helpful.

Be patient - the IXEG soon will be updated to prove it is the best :)

BTW - well spent money!

Cheers

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2017 at 2:50 PM, machvista said:

I second some of these observations. I love this plane and the potential it has, I bought it a few weeks after the initial relase and was initially blown away by the "how it feels" - until I started experiencing issues with FMC (Gizmo soft crashes etc., still present as of today). I know many people are extremly happy hand-flying this plane, but I on the other hand enjoy playing with and learning FMC - and FMC is not stable enough yet in my opinion, especially if one is still learning and making mistakes in its programming (as I do).

One lesson I learned in the last few years after purchasing a few famous X-Plane airliners (such as those from Flight Factor) is it takes several months for them to stabilize and get proper fixes - I hope this is going to be the case too with this IXEG model; seeing the team is active on the forum I'm pretty positive it will. One thing I'd like to see is more frequent minor updates - with the great update system of this 737 I'd really love to see it used to deliver us even tiny fixes on more frequent basis.

Having said that I keep my fingers crossed for IXEG team and really look forward to see what this model becomes in the upcoming months!

• Upvote 5

On 21.3.2017 at 4:00 PM, stolowski said:

I second some of these observations. I love this plane and the potential it has, I bought it a few weeks after the initial relase and was initially blown away by the "how it feels" - until I started experiencing issues with FMC (Gizmo soft crashes etc., still present as of today). I know many people are extremly happy hand-flying this plane, but I on the other hand enjoy playing with and learning FMC - and FMC is not stable enough yet in my opinion, especially if one is still learning and making mistakes in its programming (as I do).

One lesson I learned in the last few years after purchasing a few famous X-Plane airliners (such as those from Flight Factor) is it takes several months for them to stabilize and get proper fixes - I hope this is going to be the case too with this IXEG model; seeing the team is active on the forum I'm pretty positive it will. One thing I'd like to see is more frequent minor updates - with the great update system of this 737 I'd really love to see it used to deliver us even tiny fixes on more frequent basis.

Having said that I keep my fingers crossed for IXEG team and really look forward to see what this model becomes in the upcoming months!

Yeah agreed, especially stuff like the FMC bugging out, VNAV incredibly buggy and the Gizmo crashes. Otherwise it's actually an amazing plane! but it's really hard to enjoy it with such huge issues as named before. i hoppe the update will be out in a Month or two, that would be absoloutley amazing :D

• Upvote 1

On 20/03/2017 at 10:50 PM, Morten said:

The beta team - which are doing a fantastic job by the way - is currently at beta v1.1b3 and things are looking promising so far :)

As most of you know, everyone on the team does this on their spare time besides full time jobs, family and kids. We are doing our best to get v1.1 out to you as soon as we can.

M

Take all the time that you guys need. The iXEG project flies beautifully and I enjoy it a lot! For me personally whenever you ready i'm ready no rush. Quality takes time and I know that for iXEG team that's the main goal

Edited by Veace
  • Upvote 1

On 3/24/2017 at 3:28 PM, Veace said:

Take all the time that you guys need. The iXEG project flies beautifully and I enjoy it a lot! For me personally whenever you ready i'm ready no rush. Quality takes time and I know that for iXEG team that's the main goal

I could've conceived a child in the time it has taken for IXEG to release a patch. You don't have to remind them to take their time.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 3/21/2017 at 4:00 AM, stolowski said:

Coming from FSX, I can see that it's very prevalent for X-plane developers to release unfinished addons, but at full price. It's business practices like this that turns away returning customers, because people are left stranded waiting for patches for months, if not 1+ year, with no ability to get a refund. $75 is a lot of money for an addon and customers are right to expect patches in a reasonable timeframe.

For me it's the the lack of cabin night lighting (it's like flying a ghost plane at night), PROG page and FMC crashes that really bugs me.

• Upvote 2

Coming from FSX, I can see that it's very prevalent for X-plane developers to release unfinished addons, but at full price. It's business practices like this that turns away returning customers, because people are left stranded waiting for patches for months, if not 1+ year, with no ability to get a refund. $75 is a lot of money for an addon and customers are right to expect patches in a reasonable timeframe.

For me it's the the lack of cabin night lighting (it's like flying a ghost plane at night), PROG page and FMC crashes that really bugs me.

Who says $75 is our final price? :)

3 hours ago, avantime said:

Tkyler explained in this thread the reason for the long delay, and I can understand that the 737CL is a secondary business, but it is a business none the less.  Once you hang out your shingle, and release a product, it's not unreasonable to expect it to be supported.  Once you take another persons money for a product or service, the reasons for not having enough time to support the product or service really don't matter to the buyers.  So, I can see avantime's point for sure, and I think it's a very valid one.

On the other hand, for me, I guess I just don't care that much about it to get worked up.  I too came from MSFS, so I didn't realize that the payware world was "different" in X-Plane, to put it politely.  I'm still enjoying the 737, and will roll with the punches.

Tim

• Upvote 4