[XP11 bug] Plane moving in Cold And Dark

Gianluca

16 minutes ago, gianlucailpilota said:

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to let the IXEG working on XP11 but once I load, the plane moves backward even if parking brake is set up. 
Looks like a slow pushback but no commands were assigned to XP to do it.

How can I solve it?

Regards

Is the plane powered? The IXEG is not XP1 compatible.

I think this is actually due to a change in the way that X-Plane handles the "plane is static on the ramp" friction.

We at IXEG have so far spawned the plane in "cold and dark" with no braking available whatsoever. This simulated the state of the plane after sitting dormant for a few days. The brake accumulator would have been discharged, and only the chocks hold the plane in position. We simulate this by failing the brakes.

In X-Plane 10, this seemed to work, even on sloped ramps. While the plane was "not moving", Austin made the plane be "glued" to the ground. Only with a certain force applied would the plane brake free. This seems to be changed in XP11, the force needed is much smaller. So the 737 starts rolling (as chocks can´t be simulated in X-Plane).

I have added a change to our model in the next patch. The plane will spawn with the brake accu charged, so the parking brake and brake pedals will be effective.

Until then, spawn in "ready to fly" or "turnaround". Sorry for the inconvenience, but also keep in mind that we are not officially supporting XP11 with our product yet.

Jan

• Upvote 3

Several weeks or maybe months??? Are you aware that it is almost 1 year now that IXEG doesnt release an update (and I mean for XP10, since XP11 is still in beta)… and IXEG was not free ( it actually costs more than the simulator itself), so I guess the team should put a bit more effort in updating it. (when it came out it was not really really complete cause for example some funcions of the fmc are not working, doors are not opening, there is no interior cabin, when you fly at night it seems that the flight attendant left the lights off in the cabin… ). For that price I honestly was expecting faster improvements… 

Edited by malombroso
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, malombroso said:

Several weeks or maybe months??? Are you aware that it is almost 1 year now that IXEG doesnt release an update (and I mean for XP10, since XP11 is still in beta)… and IXEG was not free ( it actually costs more than the simulator itself), so I guess the team should put a bit more effort in updating it. (when it came out it was not really really complete cause for example some funcions of the fmc are not working, doors are not opening, there is no interior cabin, when you fly at night it seems that the flight attendant left the lights off in the cabin… ). For that price I honestly was expecting faster improvements… 

I can understand your frustration and that you would like a faster update.

However, some of your claims are simply untrue or grossly exaggerated. This actually takes away some of the power of your argument.

The plane was released in late April 2016. The last update to the plane was hotfix 1.07, it was released June 26th of 2016. In my calender that makes it about 6 months without an update - can you explain how you calculated the "almost 1 year now"?

I wish we could release the update sooner, but it isn´t possible.

Jan

• Upvote 3