AutoSave for the IXEG 733

Tom Stian

Hello folks.

What is the most frustrating part with X-Plane?

For me it is when Im ~2 hours into the flight, at top of descent, checking maps, weather, atis, etc... and suddenly... KABOOM, X-Plane crashes.. :wacko:
That is happening time to time. A reason for a crash to desktop is often hard to know. It could be conflicting plugins, bad scenery etc.. Or just something simple as a power outage.

So in this frustration I have made a LUA script that are Auto Saving the situation every 10 minutes (or what I set it to). And it keeps a history of 10 savings.

It is using the X-Plane's built in sytem for saving and loading situations, but im trying to customize it for the IXEG 733.

I made this for personal use. But if this is something that are interessting for you guys, I could maybe make a release of it. What do you think ?

Here is a quick and dirty demo how it is working at the moment.

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

There is some (a lot) of limitations with this script at the moment. But working on it.

For now the script is automaticly saving the situation to a interval I set and storing some information about fuel remaning.

Before you are loading the situation you need to set the Preflight to "Ready to Fly" and set up the aircraft with fuel, perf, route etc.

When you load the situation, the script is setting up the autopilot so you get a stable aircraft when its loading up.

82VKyEN.png

lIOayh8.png

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bartgast said:

Any updates on this project? My sim just crashed after 3 hours of flying...... I would love to see this!

Hi Bartgast

Im not sure if its stable enough to release to the public :) 

Strange things is happening when loading a situation-file. Especially with the default camera-control. Im not sure if it is a X-Plane issue or a IXEG 733 issue.

And the script is only using default X-Plane situation. So you have to Start up the engines, program FMC etc etc.

Its ok for me to do the FMC programming etc, but im not sure if it is good enough for the public :)

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tom Stian said:

Hi Bargast

Im not sure if its stable enough to release to the public :) 

Strange things is happening when loading a situation-file. Especially with the default camera-control. Im not sure if it is a X-Plane issue or a IXEG 733 issue.

And the script is only using default X-Plane situation. So you have to Start up the engines, program FMC etc etc.

Its ok for me to do the FMC programming etc, but im not sure if it is good enough for the public :)

I don't mind doing a bit of fiddling, the only thing I don't want to do is to start the flight all over again ;) 

8 minutes ago, bartgast said:

I don't mind doing a bit of fiddling, the only thing I don't want to do is to start the flight all over again ;) 

Yea..Not fun when you have been flying for ~2h and XP crashes.  

Anyway. let me see what I can do. Maybe you can test it for me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Just stumbled upon this today after taking 5 hours to make a 2 hours flight because of 2 crashes near the end. My VA has a nifty logging tool where you can resume the logging if you get the airplane in the same location/same fuel.

So I'd be really interested in helping iron out this tool/beta test it, whatever I can do to help to make it available to the community. I am a developer in real life so I'm more than willing to pitch in

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello, I am starting from scratch with an autosave program and the fact that you have gone this far is terrific.  Please, please share what you have done so far so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel!!!!!????? Notify me by PM or however.....

Thanks

EDIT: My AutoSave program is done and will be on the org for download within a few days. It saves a situation which puts the plane back in the air with heading, speed, and location. I haven't tested on the IXEG, but I think it saves fuel and other system variables. It doesn't save the flight plan so you have to reload that and activate the current leg.

I'll attach it below.... Instructions in the zip....It is a python script.....

AutoSave Program.zip

Edited by quijote

• 8 months later...
On 8/24/2017 at 6:57 PM, Tom Stian said:

There is some issues with camera-control after loading the situations. So I need to solve that before I can release anything :/

So the project is a bit on hold at the moment.

Any news ? (I send you a PM)

Edited by Satch_999

• 4 years later...