Weather disapearing?

jonfrederickl

Hello there, I am using SkyMAXX Pro V3.3.2 and Real Weather Connector V1.1 and have problems with clouds just disappearing- I used badbadweather.com to find an airfield with a severe storm. Once I had spawned in the clouds showed exactly what the METAR was displaying, they looked amazing... but after 20 seconds or so all clouds would completely disappear. The rain continued and so did the sound (SoundMAXX) however the clouds become non-existent. If I was to respawn at the airfield the clouds would reappear again until a few seconds had passed, then bam clear skies.

Regards:D 

Sounds like new METAR data got downloaded and applied. Perhaps what you're seeing on badbadweather.com and what NOAA is serving is a bit out of sync. If you set RWC to "never change visible weather," you shouldn't see things change suddenly like this no matter what though.

Another possibility is some sort of license issue. If you post your log.txt we can check for that.

Hi jonfrederickl,

I just encountered a similar issue. If I zoom out a lot - so I see the half of earth and many clouds comes into sight, suddenly SMP clouds disappears and default weather comes in place with CAVOK selected.

Maybe this is something completely different but want to tell this.

If I observe my GPU stats with Afterburner, I can see, that VRAM comes to limit and the next moment, a lot of VRAM is freed. It seems to me, that SMP is crash in some way.

But this is only a very guess from my side.

Best,

Michael

That's not my problem @coldy77 I didn't do that :) I have RWC set to "never change visible weather" and this still happens, it's a bit weird eh? And I know it's not new METAR data because when reloading NOAA, it gave the same set data as on badbadweather.com which did display in X-plane properly, but then disappear.

Many regards :D 

What's probably happening is that poor visibility is causing the clouds to fade away, since the visibility distance we're receiving from X-Plane is closer than the distance to the clouds. SMP processes changes in visibility smoothed out over a few seconds, so that would explain why the clouds were visible at first and then disappeared.

If you increase the visibility, or fly above the clouds where visibility is better, they will probably re-appear.