Poor Performance

coldy77

Hi guys,

I just downloaded SkyMaxx Pro 4 and RWC 1.1.

System:

I7 4770@3,4, 16 GB RAM, GTX780 (3GB), X-Plane 10

Reference Performance with SkyMaxx Pro 3:

LEPA(Mallorca): 2,2GB VRAM Usage - 65 fps - with SMP3 / 50 sqare km

Performance with UW XP

LEPA(Mallorca): 2,2GB VRAM Usage - 72 fps

Reference Performance with SkyMaxx Pro 4:

LEPA(Mallorca): 2,2GB VRAM Usage - 24-32!!! fps - with SMP3 / 50 sqare km

Very high CPU load, GPU mostly idle.

This bad performance is naturally more bad in more complex scenarios. I just take LEPA to avoid getting to VRAM Limit.

Other bugs:

Graphic errors while rendering and fog: Airport shines through Cloud layer with inverted colours.

So far I am not really excited about this update.

Best,

Michael

Check that your SMP settings are the same as before. We increased some of the defaults, so if you were running right on the edge of your VRAM that may be all it is. SMP4's higher resolution cloud textures may also place additional memory load on systems that are tight on resources, so you may need to work to get your total VRAM usage a bit lower.

Hi,

thx for the answer,

please be sure, that I did the same settings on both installation. unfortunately the performance is also this bad when I decrease the coverage area to 6000 sq.km. With SMP3 I can easly max out the distance.

And the performance is bad with 2,1GB VRAM usage out of 3GB available on the grafic card. This is why I tested in LEPA (Mallorca) - stressless scenery.

Best,

Michael

Hi guys,

for some reason, the performance issues are gone now. I now have at least the same FPS as with SMP3 but with 100.000 sq.km.

So this is no longer an issue.

If somebody wants to ask how to fix this - to be honest, I don't know really. Restarted my PC, and then it work.

Unfortunately I am a little bit disappointed on this update. For me it feels more like an minor update on textures for SMP v3 not worth 20$. Even if I set it to 100.000 sq.km, I don't see clouds to the horizon - not even close. Maybe it has to do with x-plane visibility, but this is not realistic. I fly twice a week for work, and never saw that clouds are influenced by haze or so.

Overcast is much better then before - definitely, but for it still looks unrealistic. Maybe to weather in US has such visual, but in Europe, OC is more a fluffy flat carpet.

But still only this fluffy balls, which with the new textures even more not fits into the visual of the rest of the game IMHO. No stratus clouds at low level.

Hopefully this product will improve over time.

Cheers,

Michael

• Upvote 2