Is v4 really dropping FPS so much?

larsras

Just took a short flight in XP-10 with latest Skymaxx pro 3 installed. I had the usual 35-45 FPS in the local area where I most often fly.

Then I bought and installed v4 (and the RWC update), and took the same flight. Now I have FPS 15-25. Really not usable. Had a quick look at the Skymaxx settings, but looked as what I normally have setup.

Can this really be true that v4 drops the FPS so much?

System is a i7 6700 4GHz with GTX970/4GB and 3 monitor setup (Nvidia Surround).

Standing on the runway in fog condition, I have 20-23 FPS. If I switch RWC from either Automatic or Always to Never I have 39-43 FPS. Same happens in flight.

I believe my setup using V3 actually worked quite well and smooth, and I certainly didn't expect a decrease in performance like that.

btw. According to X-Plane I'm using 1100 MB in textures.

It's the cloud cover that affects performance, not fog. If you're using real-world weather, I think you're probably just in a situation where more clouds are overhead than you had before in SMP3.

There are also some fixes in SMP4 specifically for foggy conditions, so it's very possible that you were missing an entire cloud layer that should have been there in SMP3. That would explain the performance difference.

I don't think you understood what I said. You're getting a more realistic depiction of weather in SMP4, and sometimes that results in more clouds. You can always turn down your cloud draw area if you need to reclaim performance.

I don't know how you went about un-installing and installing SMP / RWC, but sounds like something went wrong in that process. Please open a support ticket with your log.txt; we'll need that to understand what happened.

Hello,I just want to say thank you to x-aviation and sundog software for this great product.

I'm actually getting better performance than in skymax 3. In skymax 4, I was able to increase cloud draw. Here are some pics to show my settings. Computer specs are: I7 4770@ overclocked to 4.4, GTX780 running 3 monitors w/nvidia surround 32G ram@1866 CL9  X-Plane 10. I haven't tried X-Plane 11 yet.  Chris Longo

a320neo_8.png

a320neo_6.png

a320neo_5.png

a320neo_7.png

a320neo_9.png

• Upvote 2