Not To Be Sappy or Anything.....

JohnMAXX

On the eve of V4 I want to take the time to thank the community for your continued support of our products.  Speaking for myself, I started down this path years ago with my first release "UrbanMAXX".....

Since then I partnered up with SunDog and X-Aviation and our offerings grew to give you the very best experiences in X-Plane....

I started in the world of flight sim with FS9 and then X-Plane 9 with no intent of becoming a developer....

Once I got ahold of X-Plane 10 I fully realized the potential for this platform and was put off by the lack of development....

UrbanMAXX was born out of the idea that X-Plane could be better and why the hell not ,I'm going to be a positive influence and do my best to help....

Those days are long gone and X-Plane 11 is currently driving towards the front of the pack at a rapid pace....I like to think we had a big hand in pushing them over that divide and I am still really excited about being a part of this awesome franchise.....

But we wouldn't be here if it wasnt for you guys.  Again I want to thank you for supporting us through the years and we hope to be there supporting your hobby for many years to come....

John Spahn
MAXX XP

• Upvote 6

Heya John,

Nothing Sappy about helping create something unique and imho much needed

Glad yourself and the rest of the team strove ahead adding and tweaking

Only had x-plane 12mths now, wouldn't go back to other sims now, for me years ago the way forward was 64bit

And i believe in my heart of hearts the product did/has helped motivate and forward xp as a whole

Shouldn't wish time away ever !! but 5am can't come fast enough for me today err tomorrow lol

Thanks to Yourself and All involved

I've enjoyed seeing SMP v3 evolve

Now i'm gonna love seeing XP-11 SMP v4 and RWC evolve

As Always

Have Fun

Tony

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Defiance_co said:

ps : Be nice if Frank Cameron and all others involved posted, it is somewhat of an historic moment in your lives i'd say

It's certainly a milestone! And I certainly appreciate the support of our customers as well. It all started with me saying "sure, why not" to John over 3 years ago. I had never met him before, and it was a big leap of faith. Never dreamed SkyMaxx Pro would end up as popular as it has become!

We have a lot planned for SkyMaxx Pro's v4 run, so this isn't the end of the story. I really hope you all enjoy it.

-Frank

Edited by sundog
  • Upvote 1

Hiya Frank,

I can link vids of xp11 with smp3 and rwc and it's still amazing even though it wasn't intended for xp11 !! Goes to show the quality of your product (as-in what the team released)

So i'm sure v4 will push the boundaries more and keep progressing as v3 did

For the money i have to say it's in my top three must-haves in xp

The immersion it's given me once getting back into flight sims especially being a civil plane related sim has astounded me

No doubt you'll all keep going from strength to strength

Ohh and remember, never mind the ballcocks ! Just carry on and stay calm lol

T Minus 7hrs 52mins

Have Fun

Tony

3 hours ago, sundog said:

It's certainly a milestone! And I certainly appreciate the support of our customers as well. It all started with me saying "sure, why not" to John over 3 years ago. I had never met him before, and it was a big leap of faith. Never dreamed SkyMaxx Pro would end up as popular as it has become!

We have a lot planned for SkyMaxx Pro's v4 run, so this isn't the end of the story. I really hope you all enjoy it.

-Frank

That was my master negotiation skills, oh probably a few beers in me too....lol

• Upvote 1

Skymaxx Pro still is one of the best addons I have for X-Plane, it makes such a difference compared to default clouds and it even gives better FPS. I've just picked up v4 and look forward to trying it this evening. So thanks to both John and Sundog for making this possible.

Now.... I hope you guys find a way of getting Triton water into X-Plane, and I'm still waiting patiently for MaxxSeasons ;-)

• Upvote 1

I love your products! I wouldn't even go flying without MaxxFX, I also use UrbanMAXX 3D, SoundMaXX, and I had all versions of SMP since v1. Especially SMP brought me so many hours of pure enjoyment and fun. Not to forget all the "wow" moments in which I couldn't stop hitting shift + space. ;-)

Unfortunately, I haven't got an email with the upgrade offer, although I am a loyal customer. But that is surely something that can be easily solved. 

Thanks a lot for all our effort and hard work, I am looking forward to all future plans and releases that might come in 2017 and later. 

Have a great, peaceful christmas, and a safe, healthy and successful new year 2017!

I just want to congratulate Sundog, Maxx, and the entire team at X-Aviation.  The product is amazing.

I will admit I was a bit skeptical since I never really got the effect I wanted in SMP V3.  Overcast was missing a lot of times, clouds not as dense as I would have liked, etc.  So, I purchased the upgrade (good price BTW), and got RWC 1.1.  After installing in XP11 and XP10, thought I would give it a spin.  Fired up Skyvector to look for some bad weather and it appeared to be a stormy day in the Southeast.  Ironically, I was stationed at NAS Glynco years ago, and I took my private lessons there in Brunswick.  After the install, I thought I would try it out in XP11.  Clouds looked excellent and performance was decent.  I was able to squeeze right at 40 FPS.  Strangely enough, I was over 50 with SMP 3.2.2 in XP11.

Out of curiosity, I fired up XP10 and went to KBQK again.  I tweaked SMP, checked RWC, fired up FSGRW jumped in the Mooney.  I obviously had not used FSGRW in XP11 as the compatible version is not out yet.  Regardless, from the cockpit on this overcast day, the entire area was, well, overcast.  Checking my frame rate, I was well over 50.  I bet my eyes looked like Aaron Rodgers spotting a wide open Nelson down the field.  Not wanting to get too excited, I fired up the Mooney and took off to the north.  I was in IMC from 500 AGL and thought, let's see how this cloud layer looks on top.  Finally breaking out at just above 9K, I was met with blues sky's and a thick layer of clouds below me. Looking off into the distance I could see a few towering clouds from the passing storms and my frame rate never dipped below 48.

Trying to hide my smile, I quickly pulled the charts for the ILS to 07, navigated south towards St. Simons Island VOR, caught the 310 radial outbound to intercept the glideslope, and only saw glimpses of the ground through the thick layer of storm clouds and rain.  Intercepting the ILS at 1700 feet, I finally broke out of the clouds above minimums and landed safely.  Pulling off the active, suddenly, I am aware my pulse is quickened, a feeling I remember so well during my instrument training years ago.  Sitting in the cockpit and shutting down the Mooney, I just had to write to you folks.

SMP is fantastic on XP10 and I know it will be in XP11 when it gets finalized.  Label me blown away.  Great job and congrats to the entire team.

p.s. Brunswick is stormy right now and provides a good test of the overcast and clouds.

Bill

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, loadcoil said:

I just want to congratulate Sundog, Maxx, and the entire team at X-Aviation.  The product is amazing.

I will admit I was a bit skeptical since I never really got the effect I wanted in SMP V3.  Overcast was missing a lot of times, clouds not as dense as I would have liked, etc.  So, I purchased the upgrade (good price BTW), and got RWC 1.1.  After installing in XP11 and XP10, thought I would give it a spin.  Fired up Skyvector to look for some bad weather and it appeared to be a stormy day in the Southeast.  Ironically, I was stationed at NAS Glynco years ago, and I took my private lessons there in Brunswick.  After the install, I thought I would try it out in XP11.  Clouds looked excellent and performance was decent.  I was able to squeeze right at 40 FPS.  Strangely enough, I was over 50 with SMP 3.2.2 in XP11.

Out of curiosity, I fired up XP10 and went to KBQK again.  I tweaked SMP, checked RWC, fired up FSGRW jumped in the Mooney.  I obviously had not used FSGRW in XP11 as the compatible version is not out yet.  Regardless, from the cockpit on this overcast day, the entire area was, well, overcast.  Checking my frame rate, I was well over 50.  I bet my eyes looked like Aaron Rodgers spotting a wide open Nelson down the field.  Not wanting to get too excited, I fired up the Mooney and took off to the north.  I was in IMC from 500 AGL and thought, let's see how this cloud layer looks on top.  Finally breaking out at just above 9K, I was met with blues sky's and a thick layer of clouds below me. Looking off into the distance I could see a few towering clouds from the passing storms and my frame rate never dipped below 48.

Trying to hide my smile, I quickly pulled the charts for the ILS to 07, navigated south towards St. Simons Island VOR, caught the 310 radial outbound to intercept the glideslope, and only saw glimpses of the ground through the thick layer of storm clouds and rain.  Intercepting the ILS at 1700 feet, I finally broke out of the clouds above minimums and landed safely.  Pulling off the active, suddenly, I am aware my pulse is quickened, a feeling I remember so well during my instrument training years ago.  Sitting in the cockpit and shutting down the Mooney, I just had to write to you folks.

SMP is fantastic on XP10 and I know it will be in XP11 when it gets finalized.  Label me blown away.  Great job and congrats to the entire team.

p.s. Brunswick is stormy right now and provides a good test of the overcast and clouds.

Bill

Pictures or even video wouldn't even do any justice to how you described your flight using SMP .......

Thank you! This is the type of experiences we are hoping to help replicate in X-Plane.... :)