SkyMaxx Pro v4 - Releasing Tomorrow Night!

Cameron

Captains,

The time has finally come for SkyMaxx Pro v4 to be installed on your computers!

At midnight (Sunday, December 18th, 2016), SkyMaxx Pro v4 will be released. You may find out more on the product page.

If you are a current SkyMaxx Pro v3 customer you are entitled to a 50% discount on SkyMaxx Pro v4! Personal discount codes will be distributed via your e-mail on file with X-Aviation within the next 24 hours.

If you are a current Real Weather Connector user you will be receiving a FREE upgrade to the new Real Weather Connector plugin for use with SkyMaxx Pro v4. This will also retain backwards compatibility with SkyMaxx Pro v3, so you may install it prior to receiving v4.

As per usual with our release announcements, a video clip by the very talented and amazing @redpiper is in order!

Enjoy the preview, and we'll see you tomorrow night! :)

• Upvote 13

As I as many want to know and see is....when we fly through the clouds, will we see IFR as we do in the real world and as we see in XP11 stock clouds?? Why do we only see the clouds from the outside of the plane? We fly in real life and on here from the cockpit of a plane and SMP previous versions have always disappointed pilots for the "unrealness" of flying "through" clouds depicting REAL life IFR. Can you post a video from a cockpit view so we can due our own due-diligence if we feel SMP4 is worth it or not??

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, JeffLeh said:

As I as many want to know and see is....when we fly through the clouds, will we see IFR as we do in the real world and as we see in XP11 stock clouds?? Why do we only see the clouds from the outside of the plane? We fly in real life and on here from the cockpit of a plane and SMP previous versions have always disappointed pilots for the "unrealness" of flying "through" clouds depicting REAL life IFR. Can you post a video from a cockpit view so we can due our own due-diligence if we feel SMP4 is worth it or not??

I think you have answered your own question through a rather pessimistic view, Jeff. Perhaps the default clouds are more for you. :)

But on a more serious note, SkyMaxx Pro and the SilverLining SDK are built to a spec for many high profile clients to strict standards. These clouds meet the very strict training requirements of organizations like the US Air Force, US Navy, NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, etc., all of whom are our direct customers along with hundreds more.

There will always, without doubt, be some customers disappointed in a product or solution, and for every one, there will be hundreds to a thousand of others happy as can be and silent...and trust me, there's a massive number of SkyMaxx Pro customers out there.

In the end, I'm sure you will very quickly find YouTube videos showing whatever it is you're requesting. I'm going to be very clear here and now: This topic is not to turn into any kind of debate or slugfest. There's enough of that drama to go around elsewhere in the community, and subsequent attempts to throw an announcement post off topic will be immediately removed.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

@Cameron As we have disagreed many times in the past, I truly respect your answer to my question and how you have responded to it. I do agree with you, SMP is a great product and I like it for many reasons like the puffy clouds and I also know how hard it is to make everyone happy when putting out a product.

I know SMP will be working hard to make it better and it "will be" the best it can be with more updates and design in the future.

I also, look forward to purchasing SMP tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Wondering why the video hasn't been shot under X-Plane 11 ?

I absolutely don't want to hijack the thread for sure ( and please feel free to remove that post if you feel so ), but I recently went into Il-2 BoS, and I found the transition from clear sky to cloud layers, or puff was utterly realistic, at least the same as when I was attending my IR(H). I hope this version will finally bring that speed and " break through " feeling it gives IRL.

Very nice looking product though, lookin' forward to its release ;-) !!

In the moment I test XEnviro but I also test X-aviation soon. Why always only XP11 on Videos? I have XP11 full version, but at the moment it is completely uninteresting for me. Because the Framerate is for my PC to bad. The Rendering Engine is still not optimized. This will take another six months or more until it runs reasonably. smilie_pc_003.gif

I hope SMP is not too greedy for resources. smilie_op_001.gif

Hueyman,

As a laymans guess maybe because not all have xp11 as of yet

Makes sense to show it on xp10 non beta latest platform that way (i'd assume anyways)

I'll be doing an alnighter hoping to snag v4 5am ish my time :)

Waiting's a pain init lol

Tony

ps : Nero, i have the complete opposite happen, i have a decent rig specially upgraded for xp10, i now find my fps better with more eye-candy in 11 compared to 10 !! go figure

pps : If using Nvidia Gpu, strip the darn driver down to just that, the driver, !!!!!!! google it's easy

Tony

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Defiance_co said:

ps : Nero, i have the complete opposite happen, i have a decent rig specially upgraded for xp10, i now find my fps better with more eye-candy in 11 compared to 10 !! go figure

pps : If using Nvidia Gpu, strip the darn driver down to just that, the driver, !!!!!!! google it's easy

Tony

okay I believe that. I think I need some time a new PC . I will take X-plane on external hard drive with in the shop and then I test the PCs with maximum setting of X-plane 10 and 11.
Bet that no one PC can do it?

With smp3 for obvious reasons i can't max xp11

But, i can almost max xp11 bar two settings with smp3 fully maxed and ortho installed

I'm 50/50 whether v4 can let me push xp11 to the hilt, afterall, you gotta remember smp3 wasn't designed for xp11 so you pays ya money and takes ya chance, but for me, v3 has been great in xp11

Easy to test later :)

Tony

Wonderful news! Although i have to admit that i almost bought the other addon, i decided to give SMP 4 the deserved chance to prove what is capable of and since i have 50% off i will support them to see what the last 4.X will offers...I just hope that drastic weather changes is gone by itself without any external addon, at least in XP11. 

Cheers

14 hours ago, Cameron said:

I think you have answered your own question through a rather pessimistic view, Jeff. Perhaps the default clouds are more for you. :)

But on a more serious note, SkyMaxx Pro and the SilverLining SDK are built to a spec for many high profile clients to strict standards. These clouds meet the very strict training requirements of organizations like the US Air Force, US Navy, NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, etc., all of whom are our direct customers along with hundreds more.

There will always, without doubt, be some customers disappointed in a product or solution, and for every one, there will be hundreds to a thousand of others happy as can be and silent...and trust me, there's a massive number of SkyMaxx Pro customers out there.

In the end, I'm sure you will very quickly find YouTube videos showing whatever it is you're requesting. I'm going to be very clear here and now: This topic is not to turn into any kind of debate or slugfest. There's enough of that drama to go around elsewhere in the community, and subsequent attempts to throw an announcement post off topic will be immediately removed.

Hi, Cameron and thanks for the explanation.  Since I am new to X-Plane, I am still not sure that I understand your answer.

Does SkyMaxx Pro v4 have volumetric clouds?  Is that possible in X-Plane?  If not, as JeffLeh asked, does SMP4 create an opaque view when flying through clouds?

Thanks in advance for explaining,

Wilson

Hi, Cameron and thanks for the explanation.  Since I am new to X-Plane, I am still not sure that I understand your answer.

Does SkyMaxx Pro v4 have volumetric clouds?  Is that possible in X-Plane?  If not, as JeffLeh asked, does SMP4 create an opaque view when flying through clouds?

Thanks in advance for explaining,

Wilson

Wilson,

SkyMaxx Pro has had 3D volumetric clouds since version 1. We are now coming up on version 4.

The product page contains most of the information you would seek as a new customer:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/product_info.php/skymaxx-pro-p-138

IMC in SkyMaxx Pro v4 can be pretty fun. :)

Thanks for the quick response, Cameron.  I have just started using X-Plane, starting with v11, so I was not familiar with SMP versions 1, 2, or 3.

I did read that link.  Sorry, I missed the "3D volumetric clouds" feature.

So, when I fly into a cloud using SMP4, the scenery/horizon will disappear, as viewed from the cockpit, correct?

• Upvote 1