Need help installing SkyMaxx Pro v3.3.2

jeffdorval

Hi there, when installing SkyMaxx Pro v3.3.2, I get the following message: There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file.

I then downloaded the package another time (after a reboot, on another day), but still get the same message. I still have one download left... What should I do ?

Unfortunately, the support team at X-Aviation must be swamped.

My system is: iMac 29 inches, 12 Gb RAM, Mac OS X 10.12.1, X-Plane 10.51 r2

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, jeffdorval said:

Hi there, when installing SkyMaxx Pro v3.3.2, I get the following message: There has been an error. Installer payload initialization failed. This is likely due to an incomplete or corrupt downloaded file.

Try downloading the free version of Stuffit Expander in the Mac App Store and then use that app to unzip the file you download from us.

It seems that the unzip utility that Sierra ships with sets bad permissions on the files it unzips at times, causing the error you are seeing.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Cameron,

I suspected something like that and used my last download permission for another non Sierra Mac and it worked, the package initialized correctly. I then transferred the good install package (as a regular folder named SkyMaxx Pro 3.3.2) to the Sierra Mac, where my X-Plane installation is, but it gave me the same message when installing. Could it be something else (non compatibility with Sierra, version 10.12.1 (16B2555)) ? Should I wait for an update?

Also, can my 3 download permissions be reset? 

Thanks

message.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks boeingornotgoing,

Well, it seems to be a nice workaround for installing the product. (Although it would be better if it installed like any other normal software)

I would try it if I could get my 3 downloads permission reset.

Unfortunately, I do not get any answer from X-Aviation support team... I get support tickets, but never any real answer. I can't even explain this to someone on the phone, since there is no phone support. (I checked the validity of my email and phone number in my X-Aviation account).

I'm in a strange situation here.

1) I bought a product from X-Aviation

2) I followed the install instructions, but never got it to work because of compatibility problems with my OS (the product description page I saw when I bought the product never mentioned any compatibility problems, otherwise I would not have bought it !!!)

3) I asked X-Aviation twice for a reset of my downloads without any reply (I wanted to try the Stuff-it expander workaround, but I can't with an already expanded package)

4) and then I get an email invitation to buy SkyMaxx Pro v4, with a 50 % discount...

5) I'll pass. That's unfortunate because I love X-Aviation products (Saab 340)

Thanks Matt35, 

I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it doesn't work for me.

1) I took the last decompressed folder for SkyMaxx Pro v3.3.2 (with all three files), compressed it again as a .zip file.

2) Downloaded the latest version of Stuff-it Expander v. 16.0.5

3) Decompressed the new archive...

4) No dice, I still get the same error message.