SkyMaxx Pro v4 Previews - December 3rd, 2016!

Cameron

33 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Having been in this market for over ten years in going to tell you that what looks good to you looks horrible to others. On the contrary, what looks horrible to you will look amazing to others. We face this battle with customers all the time.

Thanks for chiming in though, Rob!

Agree, but the goal is realism.  I just wanted to provide some feedback ... wasn't really intended to be hostile in any way, perhaps this wasn't the place to do that, apologies.

Cheers, Rob.

• Upvote 1

Agree, but the goal is realism.  I just wanted to provide some feedback ... wasn't really intended to be hostile in any way, perhaps this wasn't the place to do that, apologies.

Cheers, Rob.

No worries, Rob! Like Isaid, everyone has their own view.

I personally fly 3-4 days per week real world. While I don't agree with everything you said, I do realize different things make different people tick.

In simulation people don't have the sense of movement under their butt. Dramatic scenes, colors, etc play into the eye stimulation. It feels and looks more realistic to majority of others, just not you.

Win some and lose some! I personally feel this is our most realistic iteration yet, and like I said, I'm quite experienced in the real world. If it's not for you, then so be it!

50 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Get a ppl.....

Cheers,

John 

OK, considering your name and your user group Maxx-XP I suppose you are a developer for SMP. Why is it that some developers publishing for or within X-Aviation tend to give defiant answers? Customers will assume that you are just arrogant, which I believe (or atleast hope) isn't true. I kept quiet when Ben announced to discard his plans for releasing on linux because of a lonely troll, but this time I gotta speak up. Yes there are customers who are trolls, yes there are customers who ask the same annoying question over and over again, and yes there are ****heads, but you know what? Who cares? After all you want to sell your products, so be polite and treat your paying customers with respect, no matter how annoyed you are. Think before you post! When there are people asking the same question over and over again just create a polite and respectful template snippet that you can throw at them.

As a customer I feel quite offended by statements like the one from JohnMAXX and it leaves a bad taste. Just be professional, I know this might be hard sometimes, but it's worth it. The comment of Cameron is perfectly fine, polite and respectful, why not go with such answers?

Best regards,

BaBene

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, BaBene said:

OK, considering your name and your user group Maxx-XP I suppose you are a developer for SMP. Why is it that some developers publishing for or within X-Aviation tend to give defiant answers? Customers will assume that you are just arrogant, which I believe (or atleast hope) isn't true. I kept quiet when Ben announced to discard his plans for releasing on linux because of a lonely troll, but this time I gotta speak up. Yes there are customers who are trolls, yes there are customers who ask the same annoying question over and over again, and yes there are ****heads, but you know what? Who cares? After all you want to sell your products, so be polite and treat your paying customers with respect, no matter how annoyed you are. Think before you post! When there are people asking the same question over and over again just create a polite and respectful template snippet that you can throw at them.

As a customer I feel quite offended by statements like the one from JohnMAXX and it leaves a bad taste. Just be professional, I know this might be hard sometimes, but it's worth it. The comment of Cameron is perfectly fine, polite and respectful, why not go with such answers?

Best regards,

BaBene

A lonely troll? Don't be so naive. "The straw that broke the camels back."

• Downvote 2

Best regards,

BaBene

I know John enough to know there was humor in his answer. Please don't throw this thread sideways. Take it to PM if you're that perturbed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

I know John enough to know there was humor in his answer. Please don't throw this thread sideways. Take it to PM if you're that perturbed.

I don't want to throw this thread sideways, so this will be my last comment on this one ;)

That is exactly what I mean. You know John enough, we don't. How on earth should we've known that there was humor in his answer? Putting a smiley after that statement would've helped a lot. That's what i mean with "think before you post".

7 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

A lonely troll? Don't be so naive. "The straw that broke the camels back."

We argued about this one before. I think you falsely assume that people asking for linux support, and especially the way they are asking for support, do represent the majority of linux users. After all none (or a majority? not sure on this one) of your addons support linux at the moment, so there are not much "casual" linux users hanging around here. You will never see a "normal" linux user thanking you for not supporting linux. The ones that do post here are passionate linux users that desperately want your addons to support linux. Try create an awesome X-Plane addon for linux only and watch how the windows user are going to react or demand support. Give them the cold shoulder, post a polite and respectful template and everyone will be happy in the end. It's not so much what you do, it's the way you do it. I can't imagine how awful it is to deal with such annoying customers from your perspective. I can only tell you what impression i get from some of the statements.

Best regards and my final words on that in this thread (I promise),

BaBene

• Upvote 4

Great screenies guys this looks very cool.

the one thing really missing from SMP so far is real looking Thunderstorms with properley rendered towering CB's which look menacing.

Always been very happy with your rendering of normal clouds etc but we really really need proper Thuderstorms.

I took these at work note the hard edges on towering Cu and CB's .

hope you guys have something in the works to get the storms looking awesome as everything else looks great.

IMG_3361.JPG

IMG_3360.JPG

IMG_3357.JPG

IMG_3358.JPG

• Upvote 4

When you guys releasing it? i am waiting for you, i need to buy it to create my X-plane 11 videos @2K [emoji3] . Default clouds are not good enough!

The wait will not be too long. We are working at a fast pace, but not a rushed one. I can tell you there is a lot of movement though. :)

• Upvote 4

Looking very good indeed! I liked the preview videos and pics of xEnviro as well, to be honest. But I just found out, that its clouds don't draw shadows on the ground (seems to be a bug), and that is a show stopper for me. These shadows generate so much depth. And since you give your loyal customers a very nice 50% discount, I'll stay exactly that, a loyal customer! ;-)

Edited by Mik75
  • Upvote 1

Since first videos XEnviro  didn't convinced me at all, the only positive thing was the vast stratus only cloud at high altitude, taken that outside i saw nothing more. Once released all my concerns has been confirmed. Now with SMP4 (that has way more background) just around the corner, why jump on an expensive 70$ addon when you can just wait a few weeks and compare directly both, and this idea makes even more sense to those who already own SMP3 thus pay just 20$ to upgrade.

At the moment xEnviro is a pure eye candy addons, that makes no sense in flight simulation (not looking for environmental simulator). What is the point to fly something where the meteo says thunderstorms but the flight is as smooth as butter. MAYBE in the future all these things will be sorted (perhaps in a version 2.0) but what is the point to waste 70% at current moment for something that will not improve flight experience but just visual experience (which it does not do it well either).

Edited by xXNightEagleXx

3 hours ago, xXNightEagleXx said:

Cameron, since SMP4 is gonna take full control of raining and stuff, would it also fully integrate with x-plane? I mean would the runway be wet when raining or like the other product where raining and non raining is about the same for x-plane, in other words just a pure visual effect and nothing more.

We kept the default effects in place, personally I don't see the "all-in-one" approach as a good development model for innovation and support reasons.  For instance including undocumented datarefs that adjust skycolors or atmospheric properties creates a nightmare when LR decides to change or remove them due to core changes in the simulation, remember RTH became broken in 10.51?  Tony created and individually supports Ventura Sky, which brings a whole slew of great effects to SMP and XP, and as XP11 matures he can adjust his product to suit these changes total cost to the end user $0.....SMP has less of a chance of breaking during XP version runs because we play by the rules which equates to better support overall......

Sorry going of on a tangent here.....LOL

• Upvote 2

These pictures look phenomenal! I am very excited about this addon. I am new to the whole skymaxx product, quick question. Just so I understand, am I corrrect in my understand that skymaxx just basically provides new textures/rendering for the xplane weather but isn't actually a weather "engine" ? I assume with no other addons it just takes the wind data etc fed to it by xplane and then draws its great looking clouds?

i assume the "real weather connector" is the actual engine you can buy to "drive" all of the weather with current wind data, etc?

These pictures look phenomenal! I am very excited about this addon. I am new to the whole skymaxx product, quick question. Just so I understand, am I corrrect in my understand that skymaxx just basically provides new textures/rendering for the xplane weather but isn't actually a weather "engine" ? I assume with no other addons it just takes the wind data etc fed to it by xplane and then draws its great looking clouds?

i assume the "real weather connector" is the actual engine you can buy to "drive" all of the weather with current wind data, etc?

SkyMaxx Pro is a complete 3D rendering engine replacement for X-Plane's clouds. You'll want Real Weather Connector to add in better functionality with weather injectors. This includes the default, free injector in X-Plane (which I recommend).