Basic Feature Overview for SMP V4

JohnMAXX

ion, think of it in terms of weeks

Then you never know, may only be days

That way you'll be surprised

Well, that's the way i got it into my braincell !!

Let's not rush em, they only cop flack if they do rush which must be somewhat of a downer for such long/hard work

Just enjoy the moment and look to the future hehe

Tony

Damned itching to buy though :P

• Upvote 1

I use an i7 6700K and a GTX1080, both overclocked. I purchased version 2 & 3 of SMP and got RWC too. I finetuned settings in X-Plane, used NVidia's control panel and made performance measurements. My sim runs with stable 60 FPS now without SMP since I could not get rid of high FPS drops when SMP refreshed the weather representation. I love the look of SMP clouds, but a fluent simulation has the highest priority. 

When SMP 3 was released the promise (highly improved performance) was the same as given today. But I'll be more patient now and wait until the community will confirm that the performance is acceptable.

Edited by joomie

It is I, Cameron, your Reddit pestilence :P

But seriously, it's looking good. My question is, will you be modifying the current haze values of X-Plane 11? I find them to be a bit much at dusk / dawn, so I was wondering if SMP would be modifying them as part of its weather depiction? 

On 12/1/2016 at 6:29 AM, joomie said:

Well, most of the time with SMP the performance was the same. Just the regular refreshes which come with a redraw of the clouds resulted in 5-10 sec with single digit FPS. This isn't acceptable for me. I'll post all my settings later, when I'm back home.

As promised by settings. You find all information here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/108835-performance-question-stuttering-for-experts/&do=findComment&comment=1071473