The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

To add to my previous point. I'm also experiencing 'weather veining' whilst on the ground when the winds are strong. This also happens with other aircraft so it could be XP 11 has some funky friction modelling going on? 

It also makes for some hair raising departures with a strong cross wind!

Sidestick380, I've assigned buttons (toggle speedbrake up/down) and it works for me. 

What I noticed in XP11:
Displays not look like a CRT, but as an LCD. (No reflectivity and no dark "edges").
Opening the door does not work.
Engine 1 is sometimes set to reverse. (Do not know the solution, helps only restart, probably a mistake XP beta).
Everything else seems to work properly. (I did not try in the XP10) This is an amazing bird!

Is it normal for the spoiler to do such a bad job at slowing down the plane on the decent or is this just an XP11 quirk? Even if I extend the spoiler fully the plane will pass it's target speed with a decent rate of 2000 FPM.

Edited by Denco

1 minute ago, Denco said:

Is it normal for the spoiler to do such a bad job at slowing down the plane on the decent or is this just an XP11 quirk? Even if I extend the spoiler fully the plane will pass it's target speed with a decent rate of 2000 FPM.

normal, it is a very slippery aircraft, you need to manage your speeds with anticipation, descending at 2000 f/m will not help reducing speed, it would more be below 1000 f/m depending on your current speed and altitude

managing with FLCH can help to understand what that plane needs to be slowed down

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Denco said:

Thank you mate. So to understand you better you recommend me to use FLCH instead of the VNVAV?

yep, definitely, VNAV is not 100% bug free as I understand, and real world flying with all the controllers around and restrictions, traffic etc, you never get to fly a descent VNAV anyway, plus you get a real situation awareness and immersion due to that. 

I do not miss VNAV in this plane. It is so fun to do it yourself, you just need to prepare your flights a bit more in-depth. For the lazy auto pilot flying from take off to landing I have the PMDGs ;-)

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jon, at this point the XP11 beta is still very much a moving target, like new flight model stuff is added etc. and plenty of bugs so it is just not yet possible to support at this point.  This is perfectly normal for a new XP version and we expect things to settle in a few months.  Besides the aircraft with exception of a couple of very minor issues works very well atm.

M

3 minutes ago, Morten said:

Hi Jon, at this point the XP11 beta is still very much a moving target, like new flight model stuff is added etc. and plenty of bugs so it is just not yet possible to support at this point.  This is perfectly normal for a new XP version and we expect things to settle in a few months.  Besides the aircraft with exception of a couple of very minor issues works very well atm.

M

Thanks for the Information Morten! :)