IXEG Approach mode

aLpha011

Hey,

I've got my ixeg working, but i can't seem to get APPR mode to do what its supposed to... Whenever i click it on it just brings my plane to doing a bunch of random turns, and doesn't line it up with the runway, i have the ILS freq. in both sides for the Nav and i don't know if I'm just doing something wrong, or something else, because I'm always at the correct altitude, speed and heading, for the approach, and it never works for an auto land or VOR lock. If anyone could help me, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

19 minutes ago, aLpha011 said:

I always have the correct course in and it never works for some reason...

For vor loc on the ils, you have to give it a few seconds to lock. As to your random turns, it sounded like a course issue but you said you have the correct inbound course.  

What plugins are you running? I'm just curious. Doubt Thats an issue thoguh. 

Just now, aLpha011 said:

Ummm, Im not homw right now, but when i get the time i could get a video for you is that okay?

yes that would be great!

a few tips:

A. Some approaches are LOCalizer based (no full ILS G/S is available)

In this case you set your freq. and course. You are flying over a LOC heading interception course, you hit LOC and the aircraft will turn towards the runway tracking LOCalizer. once intercepted.

You are responsible to comply the vertical glide path / requirements

B. Full ILS approach

you set your freq. and course

you are flying over a LOC interception heading and you hit LOC mode, the aircraft will turn towards the runway when localizer is intercepted. LOC mode is active.

you should also be flying over an interception G/S altitude as per the procedure (you intercept G/S from below), so when your G/S comes alive (monitor FPD) you then hit APP mode, the aircraft will switch from LOC to APP mode and will start tracking both LOC + G/S path on interception.

note: During approach A or B if you notice the aircraft tries to fly exactly opposite direction of the runway, this means the runway you are trying to land falls under shared frequency case, you need to disable tailwind ILS on xplane local map.

some airports share the same ILS freq. at both ends, on real life only one side is operative at a time and the other side remains off. But on xplane both sides may be ON and the aircraft may pickup incorrect side trying to fly opposite direction, thus xplane includes disable tailwind ils feature.

2 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

ote: During approach A or B if you notice the aircraft tries to fly exactly opposite direction of the runway, this means the runway you are trying to land falls under shared frequency case, you need to disable tailwind ILS on xplane local map.

some airports share the same ILS freq. at both ends, on real life only one side is operative at a time and the other side remains off. But on xplane both sides may be ON and the aircraft may pickup incorrect side trying to fly opposite direction, thus xplane includes disable tailwind ils feature.

How do i turn that off?

go to location->local map and check "disable tail wind ils" checkbox.

In those cases that the runway shares the same ILS frequency at both ends, xplane will disable the ILS side having tailwind weather conditions. You are supposed to land headwind.

If you share me what airport/runway you were experiencing the issue, i can double check if that airport/runway falls under that category or you are experiencing another issue operating the aircraft systems.