X-Camera, TrackIr and the 737

xm10922

So I found out about X-Camera the other day while watching a Twitch Stream and the Streamer was using TrackIr while in the Pilots Seat of the Hawker 4000.

Thought I give X-Camera a try and it's really intuitive in Setting up Views. So I set up a couple of Views with it in the 737 and activated TrackIR for the Captains and FOs View.
It's really fun flying with it! Of course you might have to fiddle with the TrackIR Settings to give you a pleasant expierence but I feel like being able to use my head while in the Captains seat adds very well to the flying Experience of the 737 and gives you a even better "inside the cockpit feeling" :)

One thing I also found out when using TrackIR: I feel like it would be easier to have mousewheel support for rotary knobs.
I guess the best solution would be something like: Click and hold the button and then use the mousewheel to twist it. Dunno if this could be done but it's just an idea.

I use the pop up bottom menu of X-Camera to switch views and was thinking if it would make sense to have an option to deactivate the IXEG Popup Quick View window.

Anyway, I really enjoy flying the 737 with TrackIR and all the other camera angles I've set up:D

Edited by xm10922
  • Upvote 1

Hi Xcamera user here myself, some notes:

1. You can bind hotkeys to your joystick to cycle the Xcamera views.

2. You can switch Xcamera and or TrackIR off via Xcamera hotkeys (setup in Xplane)

3. Try out different views! External, overhead panel, co-pilot, radios etc.

About mousewheel/rotary knobs, I am unsure about what I want... The only consistency I have with rotary knobs is that I never like it, no matter how anyone handled it. :D

• Upvote 1

I found out about the hotkey bindings yesterday :D

That would make changes on the IXEG View Menu obsolete.

And you're right, it's super easy if you just set up for example an MCP View without TrackIR, cycle to that view and then just use the mouse to twist the knobs. No need for mouse wheel support really then :)