3D Shots and Renders - showoff what you have been working on.

Kieran

Octane. Each render took about 3-5 minutes. Which leaves me nothing but in awe for the quality after so little time. The GTX Titan is finally doing what it was built for.

Doing renders like this on the CPU would take a bit more time.

Edited by OlaHaldor
  • Upvote 1

Octane. Each render took about 3-5 minutes. Which leaves me nothing but in awe for the quality after so little time. The GTX Titan is finally doing what it was built for.

Doing renders like this on the CPU would take a bit more time.

Very cool.  The final video turned out great!   Definitely going to check out Octane..... I just got a new workstation at the office and it has a Quadro K5200 8gig and a Tesla K20 5gig.  We are currently investigating our real-time rendering options for Arch Viz, so we looking at unreal 4, unity, VrayRT, etc

PS, I also plan to put x-plane on it to see how it goes.  ;-)

More work on the huey I showed last post

R5jyhso.png

5B4MLZ1.png

qta6HbI.png

e0CsScP.png

AxpWlxK.png

Very cool.  The final video turned out great!   Definitely going to check out Octane..... I just got a new workstation at the office and it has a Quadro K5200 8gig and a Tesla K20 5gig.  We are currently investigating our real-time rendering options for Arch Viz, so we looking at unreal 4, unity, VrayRT, etc

PS, I also plan to put x-plane on it to see how it goes.  ;-)

and here I am sitting with a single 670... well at least I have a render farm...

EDIT:

rY4ZMWP.gif

and

Edited by Flying_pig
  • Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks really awesome, Jaz and Flying_pig!

I've been given a new assignment at school, and I've started modeling the Hogwarts Express from the "Harry Potter" movies, which originally is a GWR 4900 Class 4-6-0 steam locomotive.

So far, so good. Still got hundreds of rivets to go and the drivers compartment is just a placeholder, but I'll work on that when the boiler part is done.

I plan to rig the wheels, rods and pistons for animation, and make something out of it with fluid simulations for smoke and steam.

24f6c7ab36.jpg

68f2358501.jpg

• Upvote 1

I see Chang's post was almost a year ago, but, why do you hate using blueprints? It's the defacto best resource to get angles and proportions right! Perfect photos and are hard to come by.

The thing is, there is no blueprint that you can find on the internet that is above 60% accuraccy (maybe exagerated). Photos of the real plane are always going to be 100% acurate because it is the real plane. CamSim, a developer for MSFS, I suspect uses blueprints to make their models and they look like a 5 year old made it.

I've started using Octane for anything, and it can save to a few different uncompressed file formats including EXR and Multilayer EXR. Makes the whole process very easy.

It's possible to render to multilayer EXR from LightWave's native render engine as well, but with a plugin.

Edited by OlaHaldor

• 1 month later...

real time rendering test in UE4 that i made late last year.  I've been doing a fair bit of development in unreal lately.  It's a lot of fun!

everything you see in the vid below was done in real time, including the fancy DOF, and color grading, effects.

• Upvote 2