3D Shots and Renders - showoff what you have been working on.

Kieran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi WombatBoy,

so we can expect a *new* X-1 to come ouot someday?? :D

Looking at the various screenshot posts I am constantly amazed at the quality of modelling coming out. Even though these are in house renders (by that I mean renders taking from inside the modelling package), they still translate really well into X-Plane models with very little loss of quality.

I love this site and the members here as well......and thank god for X-Plane, if it didnt mature as quickly as it has ( I have been using XP since ver.7), I would still be stuck in upgrade hell trying to fly the latest MSFS addon!!!!

Slainte,

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've realised my mistake. Bought a 2-litre bottle of supermarket cola last night, which has now all gone. Spent about eighteen solid hours playing with Blender and Inkscape. I have made a very nice .svg of the face of the AWA VAN3 analogue DME indicator - life got much better once I learned where the command to rotate an object by an arbitrary number of degrees is! Now I am confused by the process of turning .blend into 3d cockpit... and also regretting not spending last night asleep...

Now I know...I should be working on the 777, but after giving Dozer a hand with some blender techniques, I was left with a set of windows and nothing attached to em. Two hours later and not actually wanting to go to bed even though I should have, this is what I'm left with. *shakes head* About all I can do is laugh ;)

spaceship.png

Cheers

I have no idea what's already been made for X-Plane beyond the top-end payware stuff. But I have the maintenance training manual (or part of one) for the Gulfstream II so solely for that reason I'd like to attempt to build one. I like cockpits from the electromechanical era, that period from approx 1960 to 1985 when the instrument layout and behaviour had been standardised but the only 'glass' (ie CRT or LCD) device on the flight deck was the weather radar. My Gulfstream would be a platform for me to practice systems simulation on. It's very easy to get sidetracked by trying to figure out exactly what the windscreen pillars should look like though...

I like cockpits from the electromechanical era, that period from approx 1960 to 1985 when the instrument layout and behaviour had been standardised but the only 'glass' (ie CRT or LCD) device on the flight deck was the weather radar.

+1