3D Shots and Renders - showoff what you have been working on.

Kieran

Not wrong re. time involved, I'm just exploring now and it's pretty deep, confusing too for noobs, so I'll watch a few videos. I'm interested in what it can do to produce randomly but controllably generated grass fields, using tiled texture files. The default textures are meh.

You can't use tiled textures inside World Machine. You'll need to bring it over to CryEngine, Unreal Engine, Unity or any other 3D software, using "splat maps" in order to distribute different types of textures to different slope angles and heights.

A splat map is R G B and Alpha in one image file, where you can tell the game engine or 3D app to distribute say

R = Sand

G = Grass

B = Rock

Alpha = something else

The textures should be tileable, and will then repeat over the surface of the terrain, but will be visible only where any shade or hue of the color is present.

And it's absolutely confusing in the beginning. I've had WM for one day now, but I really like to explore and try new things. I'll probably go for the upgrade to the pro version so I can utilize the future PC with 8 or 12 cores to the full potential.

Edited by OlaHaldor
  • Upvote 1

I have no idea how to deal with terrain in XP. Would be great to make Norway look a little more detailed.

Terragen's got different tools.

World Machine is for heigtmap/texture generation whereas Terragen can do animation and rendering too.

So I could take what's made in WM into Terragen if I wanted, to create a nice render with lakes and so on.

Edited by OlaHaldor

Hi Ola, as far as I know you can.....I havent used it in a while so it might have changed in ver 2. I still use Maya these days and havet touched terrain modelling in ages. AM getting to grips with .stl files and printing 3d models :)

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH

That's a real nice looking car! They're definitely harder to model than planes in my opinion. 

Lots of work on the Bede main gear getting them stuffed into the wheel wells and getting the retraction animation working correctly. Since I do plan on finishing this in a reasonable amount of time I'll start a thread for it pretty soon.

yqv0gHu.pngD5Bomer.png

7BMdGEw.png

• Upvote 2

Pallets are made wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That depends on the region. There's different standards as far as I know.

On the farm we've had three different kind of builds and sizes delivered with the fertilizer. But usually they came with this kind 

I remember the smaller ones had extra planks on the bottom like the ones shown in the renders above, while EUR pallets do not and are massive in comparison.

Edited by OlaHaldor

• 1 month later...