DSF Scenery Packages - KIAD - Washington Dulles International Airport

chris_flies

KIAD - Washington Dulles International Airport

View File

INTRODUCTION:

Welcome to the busiest airport in the mid-atlantic, outside the New York area! Because this is my local, major airport, I found the need for a detailed scenery package for this airport. I believe I have pulled that off! The iconic main terminal and classic control tower, designed by Eero Saarinen, are well-represented in this package, I custom-made the models using SketchUp Make and a lot of patience. Another Dulles Airport Landmark is the National Air and Space Museum at the Udvar-Hazy Center, again, this building was custom built using SketchUp Make, and even more patience. I used Overlay Editor heavily in the creation of this package, along with World Editor (To work on the detailed parts; ATC, Ramp Starts, etc.). I made a real effort to keep this package conservative in its detail, to save frame rate, and it seems to have really improved the overall experience–for me, at least–over version 2. I hope you enjoy all of the many hours of agony and hard work I went through to provide this beautiful creation!

VIDEOS:

Dulles IAD v3.0 Overview

Dulles IAD v3.0 Trailer

REQUIREMENTS:

• OpenSceneryX
  • FF_Library
  • FAIB_Aircraft
  • MisterX_Library
  • AutoGate Plugin by Marginal (Optional)

INSTALLATION:

Always check the Readme.rtf file before installing. 

Simply Copy and Paste (After Unzipping) "Dulles IAD vX.X" into your X-Plane 10/Custom Scenery folder.

Be sure all of the required libraries are installed, or else you'll get an error message saying "The scenery may not look correct!"

• 1 month later...