What is a very crap helpdesk

ashhh

Hi guys,

Waiting one week to reactivate a product is absolutely not fair play.
Website down, smtp relay down, helpdesk system from another century. no online activation process like every other publisher...
I love you guys from IXEG, your work is amazing but your partner is not professional. This plane was my third and last purchase from this website.

Cheers

Ash, sadly had I also not the best experience with costumer services via their ticket system, first time I got ignored, after sending another ticket to it I finally got a response, and I responded on that with 1 more question but they ignored me till this day. 

Anyway, their good guys I can see that the way they are responding to other people via this forum, but for some reason not always the email get thru or isn't important enough so you have to remind it by sending them another email, not that bigga deal but it's quite time consuming. Further just good people, nice looking forum/website so my compliments about that.

Edited by Loudie

14 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

Please show me one for X-Plane that has something better.

This is an incredibly small market relative to even flappy bird.

Maybe you're right but this is not an acceptable answer.
If Xaviation impose an activation process they have to provide a re-activation process. If they are not able to do it theirself they have to provide an online process to customers or remove it. Moreover if they are able to do an activation process they have to be able to do the same for reactivate a product.

6 minutes ago, Loudie said:

Ash, sadly had I also not the best experience with costumer services via their ticket system, first time I got ignored, after sending another ticket to it I finally got a response, and I responded on that with 1 more question but they ignored me till this day. 

Anyway, their good guys I can see that the way they are responding to other people via this forum, but for some reason not always the email get thru or isn't important enough so you have to remind it by sending them another email, not that bigga deal but it's quite time consuming. Further just good people, nice looking forum/website so my compliments about that.

Yes but as we can read on the forum, each time someone ask some help about activation it's everytime the same rude thing. 

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11235-suport/

This is not acceptable...

There is a re-activation process and for about 99% of people it works fine.

Machine ID's that are not in active use expire after six months.

You are granted three machine ID's for use when you make a purchase.

If you somehow chew through three machine ID's in the space of six months then you are part of the 1% of the user base that has troubles.

A disturbingly large % of this 1% of users is often found to be sharing amongst friends.

For this reason a manual review process is in place for those that have exceptional use cases.

WIthout this manual review we would suffer such ridiculous piracy that we'd probably not be in business.

WIthout more money I can't upgrade the systems.

Very rarely we are hit with something like the Win10 Anniversary Update or MacOS Sierra.

There are plenty of ways to stability test a new OS install.

Activating all my favorite small-shop software that has unique requirements isn't one of them.

I'm just the developer.

• Upvote 1

Ben,

Agreed about the piracy, it is small business and piracy would impact it quite hard and probaly would also leave a good scar afterwards regarding the market if there are a great number of people doing that. I know about piracy and how they do it, I'm not one of the users though. But as s you said, the markt here is a little dime towards flappy bird, and leaves a good dent when people start sharing their products.

I did share products back in the days, and I do regret it. I did share PMDG products with a best friend, lost more than 200 some bucks. (whole account got blacklisted and locked) did it 1 time and never again. Anyway I'm out, I'm happy that everything works accordingly I have nothing to moan about. Good morning/afternoon/evening/night y'all! :) 

49 minutes ago, ashhh said:

Thanks for your answer Ben, I understand.

I wish we can update thru gizmo to the 1.0.7.

EDIT: Mod by Morten

Thank you. I'm truly sorry that you're not able to just enjoy your stuff.

I've spent the last few weeks rebuilding DRM to make it more secure. This is a "waste" of time for all of us. :(

Hopefully for XMas I can upgrade everyone to self-managed machines...

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, ashhh said:

Website down

What? The website has not been down.

4 hours ago, ashhh said:

smtp relay down

This has also not been down.

4 hours ago, ashhh said:

no online activation process like every other publisher

There's no need for this. Literally no demand.

2 hours ago, Loudie said:

Is this some kind of joke? You shared one of our products. That's called piracy, dude. Don't come on here acting as the innocent party. You know exactly what happened and were informed of it.

-------------

The process is simple. Submit a support ticket, don't flood our server with nonsense e-mails from your impatience, and you'll receive a reply quicker.

It really is THAT simple. Topic closed.

• Upvote 1