FMC Direct To causes stop, start in views.

Kerfuffle

While enroute changing the fly to waypoint in the FMC causes the view to freeze. After a moment, the view jumps to an uncommand view. I have no control with the numpad in trying to arrest the problem. This only occurs while modifying the route in the  FMC.  I have no view issues in any other X-Plane aircraft.

I just installed the module about a month ago so it should be the latest version although I have not yet found the documentation as to which version I actually have. Maybe an update would work? Any thoughts?

Many Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I had some freezing on the route :

ELLX-EBOS via DIK LNO BUB GSY CIV MAK DENUT ONO

SID:DIK3X rw24

STAR:DENUT3A rw26

When ATC told me DIR to COA (which is not part of STAR) XP11 froze for a minute and I had to disconnect :(

Second time I flew on XP10 the same route and when put COA fix and wanted to go DIR it froze for 10-20 secons....

Not much, but when flying online - you know.....

1 hour ago, marpilot said:

I had some freezing on the route :

ELLX-EBOS via DIK LNO BUB GSY CIV MAK DENUT ONO

SID:DIK3X rw24

STAR:DENUT3A rw26

When ATC told me DIR to COA (which is not part of STAR) XP11 froze for a minute and I had to disconnect :(

Second time I flew on XP10 the same route and when put COA fix and wanted to go DIR it froze for 10-20 secons....

Not much, but when flying online - you know.....

Did you create an exception for your X-Plane folder like mentioned in this thread? Or this one:

http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/12240-solution-to-freeze-and-stutter-when-modifying-the-route-in-the-fmc/

Jan

Edited by Litjan

1 hour ago, marpilot said:

Yes I did

Ok - then you either did it wrong or something is wrong with your computer setup. I have not had a single report of the sim freezing with our 737 AFTER users excluded the X-Plane folder from their antivirus.

Maybe re-check carefully that all antivirus programs running on your computer are NOT checking the X-Plane folder.

Good luck, Jan