X - Plane 11

Sotonye

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just read that if you own x plane 10 through Steam, you dont get a free download?? I read an article that Austin was asked that if he had to charge for x plane 11 if you already own x plane 10 he stated he would get so much hate mail. Then why if we own the steam version do we have to purchase $49.99 to get the free upgrade??? Anyone else know about this?

I think somewhere if you got xp10 in oct/nov then a free upgrade

If you purchased it before then you have to buy xp11

XP 10 is knocking on 5yrs old i think, so a decent run for our money

Developers have to make money or we wouldn't see the likes of xp11 etc

Tony

ps : Not a steam lover, so no idea with much certainty about how the upgrade (free) will work with it

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Defiance_co. for that answer. I thought I also remember Austin stating even steam users get the upgrade free. I will have to find the article. Can you tell me any advantages to having a digital download vs. a steam account? Is there more in the download version vs. the steam download and/ or does the system run any better?

• Upvote 1

XP11 will be releases by direct digital download from Laminar first then probably Steam at a later date. There or no differences between the versions other than for the Laminar direct version you can choose to opt into beta versions. You cannot do this with the Steam version

• Upvote 1

Hiya's,

Doing the same Jim :)

To me the digi dl is way better than a dvd set

I must of redone x-plane 10 via re-installing downloads over 100 times, faster for me than editing my mess lol

Not much time to dl except on a weekend

No limit to the downloads so for me i will go digi everytime

Of course i learned and always lept a vanilla flavour dl on a backup drive

So for me, if you have a choice, if i were you i'd choose the digital dl

Have Fun

Tony

ps : As for Steam/Digi/DVD one running better than t'other, well i have thehunter i can run through steam or as a standalone, i have seen zero performance increase from one to t'other

Edited by Defiance_co
  • Upvote 1

I bought and installed XP11 last night - it looks gorgeous. And while certain areas (like the Seattle high density scenery area) look fantastic, I don't think the default XP11 mesh can compete with AlpilotX mesh and payware scenery. I went ahead and copied over my RealScenery Phoenix and Arizona terrain and they look fantastic..

I posted some screens in THIS thread at Mudspike...

...and hey..putting almost everything on sale except the two products I want (RS Oregon and RS Washington) is just a cruel, cruel trick... ;)

PS - Hey JimK - nice to see ya'!

bd17754c7d58823d33ed58220217d235de75e648

db00962bc188d7696c4ce4d71f3e829836e658fb

c253610e125dffac9c1ccdff5f370dee75406233

db13871fc433b62d9a5efe126d55fe8b61d4560c

BeachAV8R

Edited by BeachAV8R
  • Upvote 4

Yeah..I'll be a SMP 4 customer after it is all said and done. While I like the new haze of XP11, the clouds seems awfully "sooty" looking. I made the comment that I feel like I'm flying over post Gulf War Kuwait with all the oil fires. Even when viewed from above in bright sunlight the clouds are dark..so I'm looking forward to SMP 4. 

9a8f13c7c2fa4bbf9070df20421a94569b7c2dec

• Upvote 1

Hiya's,

Guys n Gals ........... Anyone else having/had this .............

Rig specs before i get to it

W10 Pro x64
5820k @ 4.7 (Watercooled)
Palit Gtx 1080 FE (Core @ +215 memory @ +500)
Asus Rampage V Extreme
4x8Gb DDR 4 3200 at 3000 (@ 3200 means windose loses 50% of my ram lol)
500Gb SSD OS Drive + Main x-plane 10 and now 11 install (seperate of course)
128Gb SSD
250Gb 7200 HDD
500Gb 7200 HDD
4Tb 7200 HDD

The gpu is of course decent enough and the cpu well, she clocks like a good'un

I have had some very weird errors since 10.50 which i have had to chase down and sort, but this in xp11 i've never in all my years come across (had usually driver not responding over the years in both amd/nvid flavours, but thus far not in 11)

The error is ......... 'The NVIDIA OpenGL driver has encountered an out of memory error. This application might behave inconsistently and fail.'

I have gone back many driver releases for the 1080 and get it on each version, so now i'm on 375.95 (unless another's been released in the last few days)

I know this isn't a bug forum for 11, but if you don't ask you don't get lol

Cheers

Tony