Spot whats new (v1.1 spoiler alert)

Morten

what a wonderfull plane ! thanks for your work ! as I am a cockpit builder, I'd love to drag all the IXEG 's screens to some others monitors.

Would you please think of us and make this pleaaaaaaaase !

It would be a very very cool thing that PFD , ND, FMC and EICAS could be undock and drag to another monitor !

pleeeaaaaase ! 

This plane needs to be "cockpitable " this is the best 737 of the world!

Having the screens pop like how FSL and PDMG allow would be a huge bonus. Mixing  2D with the virtual cockpit  makes viewing it a lot easier, especially on approach, programming a route on the FMC (plan mode). EzdokV2 has a lovely feature where if you flip to a new view, it still can keep the 2d panel open. Is this something that could be implemented at some point guys?

Working on it!

Au revoir, Jan

PS: Day before yesterday fixed some bugs with Nils on the TCAS (some online-traffic staying fixed in position relative to aircraft, erroneous RA´s when X-Plane AI aircraft spawn....) Yesterday fixed a bug with Tom relating to aircraft not flying straight to first point on SID´s with long, straight initial segment (like LFPG 27L RAN1AD, for example)...

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 7

Hello,

have you news about the famous update ?

Thanks

I know it's easier to just open a topic and get an answer, but we actually have a topic here full of information on the next update.

Please investigate a little more next time before opening a new topic like this. :)

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, fukhar15 said:

I'm not sure if this has been asked/answered but will the crash with the gizmo in changing approaches/stars be fixed in the u coming release?

do you have a specific repeatable case you can share the details to reproduce?

Part of 1.1 target is to squeeze out as many bugs as possible that leads to gizmo softcrash. I presume the developers will be very happy to see an issue that is repeatable to understand what is going on and fix it or simply to double check is already fixed.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:18 AM, mmerelles said:

do you have a specific repeatable case you can share the details to reproduce?

Part of 1.1 target is to squeeze out as many bugs as possible that leads to gizmo softcrash. I presume the developers will be very happy to see an issue that is repeatable to understand what is going on and fix it or simply to double check is already fixed.

In the US approaches change quickly off a star, (ex. SERFR2 MENLO ILS28L changes to MENLO ILS28R.) When programming it into the FMC I get a gizmo crash and both fmcs are useless. The plane then becomes overweight. Flaps 40 VREF of, ex. 128 then lands at 155, any lower it stalls. Had to divert from shorter fields to larger airports because of it. (Ex. BUR divert to LAX). Please let me know if you need more info

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/17/2017 at 2:30 AM, Litjan said:

Ok, you guys are getting to me :lol:. This is what I wrote to our testers when we started internal testing of 1.1 in October:

Hello testers,

we have some new things in 1.1 and a lot of bugfixing. Here is a list of what is new in 1.1:

• TCAS. Just like in the real airplane, it will show various types of traffic (PROX, TA, RA) and the relative altitude, plus voice callouts and visual aid to avoiding RA traffic. The panel should work as the real one, including TA only, ABV/BLW, STBY, etc.
  • EGPWS. This is enhanced over 1.0.7 - the modes (1-5) should work a lot more closely to how the real modes work, including submodes (i.e. 4A, 4B). There is also a terrain-look-ahead feature that will alert when approaching terrain higher than the aircraft. New panel, new switches, new TERRAIN ON light.
  • Opening cargo doors and 3D holds modeled.
  • Eyebrow windows including selectable sunshade panels (select in preferences menu)
  • Opening cockpit door
  • To be implemented before release: Opening passenger and service doors
  • Now showing current active waypoint distance and ETA on EHSI upper corners in MAP and CTR MAP mode
  • added increase/decrease map range datarefs

1.1 also includes a bunch of fixes:

• A multitude of fixes to FMS stability and LNAV performance
  • Several texture fixes
  • INOP label for the Logo Lights if winglets fitted
  • Autopilot fixes (autothrust gain, logic of MA buttons, GS arm logic, cleanup of FMA modes in some circumstances, FL CHG pitch behaviour in MACH regime with turbulence, dual AP go-around behaviour above 400 feet, second AP engage possible while LOC only armed)
  • Several rare gizmo crashes fixed for switches and levers
  • Fixes to headings and bearings shown on FIX INFO and LEGS page (now show correct magnetic tracks)
  • Ground power not showing anymore when booting in turnaround state
  • fixes to default transition altitude not always showing correctly (still just a crude east/west division)
  • Added realistic way to operate approach speeds on APPROACH page
  • Added failure flag to altimeter when no elec power
  • improved EFIS symbology when IRS units not aligned
  • Fuel guages now show "lbs" when imperial units are selected
  • LNAV tracking accuracy improved (no more offset flying)
  • Fixes for textures turning "the wrong way" on some knobs

In the meantime we have also added some more stuff to make our plane work better with XP11 (note that we are still not claiming compatibility, yet):

• Fix for some cases of hypoxia blackout in XP11
  • Fix for "airplane rolling away on sloped ramp in cold and dark" in XP11

There are some things that won´t make 1.1, but are not forgotten!

• Holds (user entered)
  • RTE DATA on EHSI
  • Solid fuel and time prediction for LEGS and PROG page
  • OFFSET feature
  • VNAV reliability

I will add some screenshots later to show some of this stuff...

Jan

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but i just finished reading through it today and I dont see any mention of the descent forecast entry.  is this something that will be included in 1.1 or will we have to wait some more for this feature?  Also are there any plans to implement some sort of autosave feature, or at least allow saving the entire situation, like pmdg aircraft do?  This would be sooo helpful for when xplane decides to crash midlflight like it loves to do.

Hi apilot,

no improvement was made to the VNAV predictions.

Also no mid-flight saving feature is in 1.1.

If X-Plane crashes mid-flight, I suggest to contact Laminar Research customer support. For most people the simulation´s stability is very good, so it is likely that there is something that can be done for your setup. The usual culprits are incompatible plugins or memory exhaustion (due to excessive scenery loading).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, VistaJetpilot said:

Hi Jan,

what a brilliant piece of aircraft the 737-300 is, job well done.

My question is very simple; can you please give us an estimate when you expect version 1.1 to be ready for update?

Regards,

Frank

No estimate.

Jan

Hi everybody,

hopefully the update will come soon enough as I'm waiting for it to buy this bird.

by the way any news on the cabin light ? Even a very simple one with the actual cabin ? Personnaly I do care about the aircraft visuals at night so it would be great if it could be implemented.

thanks

B