SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announcement!

Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

About ten months ago, I woke up at 0300 local time, and started a flight for my VA. It was a quick jaunt from KDEN to Cheyenne. Flight time was about an hour. I was in the B1900. As I descended, I saw the clouds underneath me, and HOLY SHIT, MY LANDING LIGHTS ARE REFLECTING OFF OF THE CLOUDS. Between my dark cockpit, my dark gaming room, and the landing lights making the clouds glow, I was lost in the moment. It was one of those rare events where you can suspend disbelief completely, and just be a pilot, flying. 

I have only ever see that effect with SMP running, and that alone is worth $20 a year to me. 

Edited by iamnabil
Suspend, not suspect.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hi Cameron,

I've been a SMP customer for some time now and have finally configured SMP3.2, RWC and NOAA Weather to run well. I understand your statement that SMP 4 will out perform SMP 3.2 but how will it play with RWC and 3rd party weather engines such as NOAA Weather?

Will SMP 4 require a new RWC?

Thanks

Hi Cameron,

I've been a SMP customer for some time now and have finally configured SMP3.2, RWC and NOAA Weather to run well. I understand your statement that SMP 4 will out perform SMP 3.2 but how will it play with RWC and 3rd party weather engines such as NOAA Weather?

Will SMP 4 require a new RWC?

Thanks

It will need an upgrade to RWC, but this will be at no cost to current customers. Things will interact as they always have.

• Upvote 2

I've never been so entertained by a forum thread. It seems flight simulation is home to some real maniacs! I would love to hear how these people complaining expect the development team to pay their bills whilst providing updates for free.

SMP4 is looking great btw. Can't wait to get it up and running with XP11.

• Upvote 5

This company likes to take money from its customers...instead of offering free updates, every 7-8 months they create a new PAID version. If you want the new, you had to pay (50%OFF limited offer is the smart trick to take the unsuspecting customer). I bought SkymaxxV2 1.5 year later ($40), then V3 (+$20) then Real Weather Connector(+$20, wich software should be INCLUDED in the Skymaxx). Now, they want more money??? What a mercenaries! :angry:

Im considering to get a different cloud software by now.... 

Edited by AntonioG
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This company likes to take money from its customers...instead of offering free updates, every 7-8 months they create a new PAID version.

We have never released a major update in less than a years time.

I guess I should go to Adobe and Apple for their iPhone upgrade practices too! Shame on us bad companies for making a living and providing you with improvements at 50% the cost!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I'm new to X-Plane and will be starting with v11.  I have read through this thread and may have missed the pricing strategy, so would appreciate a clarification.

First, will SMP v3 work in XP 11?  Second, if so, would purchasing v3 now and then upgrading be cheaper or the same as waiting until v4 comes out?

Cheaper for you to wait for v4, otherwise you will pay full price for v3 and another 50% of full price to upgrade to v4.  I don't believe you will have to wait long.

In another thread, someone said v3 will work with XP11. But I dunno for sure!

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/110755-xaviation-products/

Edited by okernel

7 minutes ago, maumauthompson said:

Didn't V3 just come out a few months ago!?!?!

What a ripoff!!!!

No, more than a year ago. Latest patch was a few months back. But saying major release 3.0 was released a month ago is like saying windows 7 was released a week ago due to the latest patch via updater.

Edited by mmerelles

• 1 month later...

I was always an enthusiastic SMP user and I bought so much at x-aviation. But since I've recommended x-enviro, X-aviation has locked all my downloads and does not turn them free. I have sent infinite emails to release. That is the real face of X-aviation. Criticism is not appropriate here  that will be immediately eliminated as in the old GDR. smilie_wut_047.gif

Edited by Neroflyer
  • Upvote 1

I was always an enthusiastic SMP user and I bought so much at x-aviation. But since I've recommended x-enviro, X-aviation has locked all my downloads and does not turn them free. I have sent infinite emails to release. That is the real face of X-aviation. Criticism is not appropriate here  that will be immediately eliminated as in the old GDR. smilie_wut_047.gif

I don't even know who are, and I don't care if anyone uses xEnviro. No one gets their downloads or activations locked for using it either. That is a bold face lie. Either you have shared files or your downloads simply expired and you didn't backup your software.

You sending "infinite" emails will ensure you don't get a reply though.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Cameron pinned, unpinned and locked this topic