SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announcement!

Cameron

I am a customer since the beginning of Skymaxx and I pay for all versions and every time there's a new version I pay even though I have a discount of 50% but the new customer that happens not pay a salt once for the same product in the end it pay less expensive than I think it is a injustice to loyal customers

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Fatprop said:

I think this time it will be better. If not, I will look for support.  If I did not like it I would not have bought the other versions  and I'll buy V4 for sure.:)

I think you'll be happy, but again there is no reason why you can't optimize v3 we are more than happy to help.....just remember to be as detailed as possible

Lemme guess our press release on the heels of xenviro announcement controversy Cameron? 

If so V4 has been in development for awhile now and we don't follow anyone elses timeline....It was time to make our announcement since we are close...

If that wasn't it my bad nothing to see here....

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Lemme guess our press release on the heels of xenviro announcement controversy Cameron?

Na, typical Knudsen stuff. Trying to pick a fight or say something lame to wind people up. Not going to happen in this thread. Had to do with how evil and deceiving we are, naturally. ;)

I am very happy with the updates given since v3 shipped and the dev is very co-operative and fair. V4 has been announced here and has some great features and am sure more information will be known once it is released. Looking forward to it.

This is > not < a forced upgrade people. Seriously, first world problems... !

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Mad Mat said:

I was never really able to use SMP 3 with decent performances-appearance balance, especially with mid to heavy cloud coverage. So SMP3 for me was mostly a waste of money (cause i had to remove it completely to be able to enjoy the sim) even if I bought with offer. You should give some clear performance comparison between the products, considering no-top-of-the-line PC and MAC, cause appearance could be nice, but performances are what makes the difference. The price is fair if the specification are reflected in real day use, even if in practical you are charging users with 20$ per year, for a product never perfectly working in many situations.

There will ever be a way to test the product before buying it? Or may be a way to give money back if not completely satisfied? At least the first option should be considered. May be an open beta could be a good way to proceed.

Exactly my problem also. Bought V2, then V3. I could never use V3 so that was a total waste of money. I am not even using V2 anymore. Like Mad Mat I am very reluctant to spend yet more money. Anyway, good to see the effort is still being put in to improve the product.

• Upvote 1

Looking forward to the product. Looking better and better each version! What about the cloud lighting at night? Initially in v3 the clouds were quite dark at night, which I liked, but then it got changed. Will we be able to adjust that to our likings in this version(just asking ;))?

In case you read this, Cameron, I´ve been trying to reach you via PM concerning another topic. Please take a minute to respond to me :)

Greetings

Na, typical Knudsen stuff. Trying to pick a fight or say something lame to wind people up. Not going to happen in this thread. Had to do with how evil and deceiving we are, naturally

Thats an assination of my character Camron, not cool. Its not overstated by me then to ask you for an appology it it? But then again I do not think you are man enough to provide one :(

But for sake of the arguement, I did not try to pick a fight. When I pick a fight I hit the other fellow, don't wast any time on trash talking. Just part of my viking blood and heritage!!

Anyway, Ill be the better man then, excuse me for liking that post Cameron, but kinda overkill deleting a post just for that. Oh well, your joint, your rules, my appologies again.

Edited by Tom Knudsen
typo

I purchased this product on day one, and I think how it is handled is really very fair when you consider the following! ....

SMP V1 Full price + every update to this version was free up until SMP V2 was released, than a discount price was offered and all updates to this version were free.

The same process was continued into SMP V3.  A lot of things were updated in these previous versions and I am delighted to only pay the reduced price for version 4.

Nobody in their right mind is going to assemble a group of developers and build something like SMP sell it and continue on improving (for years now) for nothing!

Business just doesn't work like that, nor does common sense!  

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, BelGeode said:

This promises to be interesting. I do have to say I was extremely disappointed a few weeks ago, when I tried to fly through Hurricane Matthew and Sky Maxx Pro / RWC only gave me a few overcast puffy clouds, and a wind speed of 30 knots gusting to 50.

FSX with Active Sky Next really nailed it, enough for me to make a video with friends. But I am hoping this iteration of Sky Maxx Pro will redeem itself there.

Aside from that, I actually like the product and highly recommend it! It DOES in fact save a LOT of FPS! That alone is worth the money.

I wantScreen Shot 2016-10-22 at 7.22.02 PM.pnged to make sure I am receiving the maximum from Sky Maxx V3.3.2 which is working great now. When this screen shot was taken I wasn't over an area with clouds. If you could recommend what I should adjust my settings to so when I do fly through a hurricane I get the proper weather.

• Cameron pinned, unpinned and locked this topic