SkyMaxx Pro v4 Announcement!

Cameron

38 minutes ago, airfrancepilote said:
The update is gon'a be payware... <_< I'm an owner of the V3 and I'm a young student so that's not cool. It's pretty hard to change my pc so if I've to pay 20$ more it's not easy... 5€ or 8€ will be more reasonable. ^_^
Thanks for understanding

When you get out of school and don't have anyone to back you and a late project or a missed assignment means you get sacked and end up stacking cans at the supermarket to feed your family then you will truly understand "more reasonable".

Thanks for understanding.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Well, going by the screenshots, that is it. It looks MUCH better. My big concern with SMP3. xx was the cloud draw distance. That "flying in a sandbox" feeling.

If the developers of SMP sorted out this matter for once and all, you may have a "new" customer. :-)

One question though, and please be gentle with me on this: How will it run on a 2 GB VRAM card?

I can't afford one of those monster 6+GB VRAM cards right now.

Edited by JohanJ9

I have to say I find Xaviation one of the more friendly developers and look forward to see the V4 product. The product is not a Freeware product and I have no problem with that. The product does enhance xPlane considerably and I will no doubt end up buying the update. I am sure a considerable amount of work goes into the programming and I am am more than happy to pay towards that we all have someone to support.

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

When you get out of school and don't have anyone to back you and a late project or a missed assignment means you get sacked and end up stacking cans at the supermarket to feed your family then you will truly understand "more reasonable".

Thanks for understanding.

I understand, it's a huge update.  Already good to have 50% off. 

This promises to be interesting. I do have to say I was extremely disappointed a few weeks ago, when I tried to fly through Hurricane Matthew and Sky Maxx Pro / RWC only gave me a few overcast puffy clouds, and a wind speed of 30 knots gusting to 50.

FSX with Active Sky Next really nailed it, enough for me to make a video with friends. But I am hoping this iteration of Sky Maxx Pro will redeem itself there.

Aside from that, I actually like the product and highly recommend it! It DOES in fact save a LOT of FPS! That alone is worth the money.

This promises to be interesting. I do have to say I was extremely disappointed a few weeks ago, when I tried to fly through Hurricane Matthew and Sky Maxx Pro / RWC only gave me a few overcast puffy clouds, and a wind speed of 30 knots gusting to 50.

In the situation you have just explained you would have wanted something like dense particles activated and higher cloud detail. We did internal tests during the hurricane and the results were quite awesome. Sounds like you didn't have these settings properly set at the time. As for winds, we do not touch those, X-Plane does.

Hi! Cameron,

Information on upgrade eligibility:

SkyMaxx Pro v4 will be a paid upgrade for all current SkyMaxx Pro v3 owners. Those of you who qualify will receive a 50% off ($19.95 instead of $39.95) upgrade discount which will be valid for 60 days from the time SkyMaxx Pro v4 goes on sale. After this, the product will go to full price for all customers.

Could you extend this period to 90 days?

Thanks,

Jose Luis 

6 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

A question about this new version: Will the distant clouds blend with the horizon when you look far away? I mean (and sorry for the comparison) like FSX does?

I think we'll let X-Plane 11's new atmospheric lighting work it's magic and do that for us. No need to re-invent the wheel.

I Skymax could improve as much as bring a texture pack. Improve the input and output, with a cloud transition. It looks like you hit plates, and the clouds are the volumetric, which is a problem. I am a customer since the first SkyMaxPro. Unfortunately, this product costs a fortune because of the currency trash my country. It would be as if I paid $ 60 for this update.

Sorry for my English, and give the good welcome the SkyMaxx Pro 4

Regards,

Sabach.

Can't wait for the new version. How much of an impact will it have on frame rates?  My current computer is:

iMac 27" 5K retina

• 3.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, Turbo Boost up to 3.9GHz
  • 16GB 1867MHz DDR3 SDRAM - two 8GB
  • 512GB PCIe-based flash storage
  • AMD Radeon R9 M395 with 4GB video memory

I think an "apples-to-apples" performance comparison between 3 and 4 would be nice, both to show what improvements we're getting for our money and to alleviate concerns about performance with the higher draw distance compared to v3. Do it and you have my money.

I think an "apples-to-apples" performance comparison between 3 and 4 would be nice, both to show what improvements we're getting for our money and to alleviate concerns about performance with the higher draw distance compared to v3. Do it and you have my money.

We'll do it later, but as stated, performance is faster than in v3 even with the increased draw. Like, by quite a bit.

Je suis client depuis le début de Skymaxx  et je paye pour toutes les versions et à chaque fois qu'il y a une nouvelle version je paye encore même si j'ai un rabais de 50 %  mais le tout nouveau client qui arrive ne paye qu'une sel fois pour le même produit au bout du compte il paye moin cher que moi ,  je crois qu'il y a une injustice pour les clients fidèle 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, samgab said:

Je suis client depuis le début de Skymaxx  et je paye pour toutes les versions et à chaque fois qu'il y a une nouvelle version je paye encore même si j'ai un rabais de 50 %  mais le tout nouveau client qui arrive ne paye qu'une sel fois pour le même produit au bout du compte il paye moin cher que moi ,  je crois qu'il y a une injustice pour les clients fidèle 

Tranlsation;

• Downvote 1

• Cameron pinned, unpinned and locked this topic