FMC Output

fsedano

Hello folks,

I'm thinking on building my flight sim cockpit around the very nice IXEG, but I found no way to export FMC strings using dataref. Commands for input are there, but not output.

Could this please be considered? We don't need anything fancy, just exporting the text strings that are displayed on each line would be more than enough. 

Please please do consider it... Otherwise not really possible to interface with a real cockpit :/

Thanks!

Hi fsedano,

All CDU screen outputs are already available as custom datarefs. (like ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1D_line1L_t and ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1D_line1L_d) The _t is the smaller "title" line and _d is the larger detailed line. Co-pilot CDU is cdu2D... there are separate datarefs for scratchpad, page number and title lines as well as the CDU annunciators. (MSG, OFST and FAIL) 

Pretty much all you need to build your own "virtual CDU".

Let me know if you need the complete list... (yes, I made my own) :lol:

Here's a screenshot from my Android tablet virtual CDU... still very much work in progress.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-01-05-58.png

Edited by jfjoubert
Typo
  • Upvote 2

Great! 

20 hours ago, jfjoubert said:

Hi fsedano,

All CDU screen outputs are already available as custom datarefs. (like ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1D_line1L_t and ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1D_line1L_d) The _t is the smaller "title" line and _d is the larger detailed line. Co-pilot CDU is cdu2D... there are separate datarefs for scratchpad, page number and title lines as well as the CDU annunciators. (MSG, OFST and FAIL) 

Pretty much all you need to build your own "virtual CDU".

Let me know if you need the complete list... (yes, I made my own) :lol:

Here's a screenshot from my Android tablet virtual CDU... still very much work in progress.

Screenshot_2016-09-29-01-05-58.png

That's great, thanks!!

Would you mind sharing the list? I missed that one, where did you get it from?

Here's the list... I used DataRefEditor to get the list... ;)

Note that the SP (space) key is not mapped nor active in the sim. You will also notice that there's no entry for the CLR key.
You'll have to send a custom command to use the CLR key. ("ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr" and "ixeg/733/FMC/cdu2_clr")

IXEG_CDU_Drefs.txt

4 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

Here's the list... I used DataRefEditor to get the list... ;)

Note that the SP (space) key is not mapped nor active in the sim. You will also notice that there's no entry for the CLR key.
You'll have to send a custom command to use the CLR key. ("ixeg/733/FMC/cdu1_clr" and "ixeg/733/FMC/cdu2_clr")

IXEG_CDU_Drefs.txt

Thanks!!! For some reason my dataref editor does not show any of the ixeg datarefs (?) Any trick?

DataRef Editor automatically sees all datarefs… when running it under Mac OS X. Otherwise you have to manually provide it with a list of DataRefs.

DataRef Tool will specifically scan plugins and planes for datarefs, but it works a bit differently to DataRef Editor and sometimes causes the IXEG 737 to crash.

4 hours ago, Rodeo said:

DataRef Editor automatically sees all datarefs… when running it under Mac OS X. Otherwise you have to manually provide it with a list of DataRefs.

DataRef Tool will specifically scan plugins and planes for datarefs, but it works a bit differently to DataRef Editor and sometimes causes the IXEG 737 to crash.

Yes, DataRef Tool was the one...

11 minutes ago, jfjoubert said:

I'm guessing here but I think the beta version of Gizmo might solve the DatarefTool crashes with the IXEG. Ben can confirm...

Correct.

I don't use DRT though so it's only a suggestion.

But why Gizmo?

Because Gizmo is the scripting engine underneath the IXEG scripts.

DRT -> X-Plane -> Gizmo -> IXEG systems.

The typical mode of failure from third party plugins is a stack overflow in Gizmo's Lua scripts.

This happens for various avoidable technical reasons, the important thing to me is that X-Plane works.