IXEG and XP11

jsnapp

Looked but didn't see this asked and answered....

IXEG 1.1 before, with, or after XP11 release?    Or will IXEG 1.1 come out for XP10, and then any XP11 improvements/features will wait until a later upgrade?     Couldn't help but wonder given Tyler's knowledge XP11 and that 1.1 is so visually similar to 11. :-)

Cheers,

Justin

Looked but didn't see this asked and answered....

IXEG 1.1 before, with, or after XP11 release?    Or will IXEG 1.1 come out for XP10, and then any XP11 improvements/features will wait until a later upgrade?     Couldn't help but wonder given Tyler's knowledge XP11 and that 1.1 is so visually similar to 11. :-)

Cheers,

Justin

I'd say it's pretty close to release and much closer than XP11.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that, while the ORG disparages Gizmo products because they're not "fully cross-platform" and are therefore "completely uninclusive", Laminar themselves featured two of them in the XP11 presentation.

• Upvote 3

I'd say it's pretty close to release and much closer than XP11.

On a side note, I find it hilarious that, while the ORG disparages Gizmo products because they're not "fully cross-platform" and are therefore "completely uninclusive", Laminar themselves featured two of them in the XP11 presentation.

Heh the tribalism is real. Here and there.

• Upvote 2

Seriously, please drop any discussion of Gizmo and the ORG from this thread.... Not what I asked about it that kind of talk will lead to a thread getting closed.    Was really only looking for answer from an IXEG team member. :-)   And for only positive inputs.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Hi - I think you will see XP11 a bit sooner than 1.1. We fully expect the 737 to "just work" with XP11, but you never know, so we will want to test it briefly against XP11, especially since 1.1 isn´t quite done yet. It is just entering final testing, which we expect to last a few weeks.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Tom Knudsen said:

XP11 is basically just XP10 with a new gui, added features like Ambient Occlusion and a redesigned aircraft park. So in version 1.0 you would not see that much

difference. Same ground texture, same tree texture same mesh and same fun

No need to worry, the future is bright and it will get brighter

Spoken like scenery developer. :-)

On the aircraft side there are several new systems changes.   But in the context of this question one thing that will "hold back" a lot of plane developers is wanting to best adopt the new "metalness" PBR texturing and sound engine.  Although I am not sure how planes that already use custom sound engines are likely to proceed on the sound engine front.

It sounds like those changes won't be in the 1.1 update of the IXEG, to which I say "great"! lets get this plane back in the sky and clear all the air worthiness directives release by the virtual agencies and then we can worry about buffing up the skin to be nice and shiny. :-)   Plane sounds great already!

• Upvote 1

On 09/10/2016 at 9:06 AM, Litjan said:

Hi - I think you will see XP11 a bit sooner than 1.1. We fully expect the 737 to "just work" with XP11, but you never know, so we will want to test it briefly against XP11, especially since 1.1 isn´t quite done yet. It is just entering final testing, which we expect to last a few weeks.

Cheers, Jan

To clarify though will update 1.1 also be released for xplane 10 as well as 11?

6 hours ago, Adolfin said:

To clarify though will update 1.1 also be released for xplane 10 as well as 11?

It will PRIMARILY be released for XP10. That version is what we officially support. We expect the plane to work in XP11 and will certainly work fast and hard to make it compatible (if it should not be) - but XP10 is the prime base simulator for 1.1

Jan

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Litjan said:

It will PRIMARILY be released for XP10. That version is what we officially support. We expect the plane to work in XP11 and will certainly work fast and hard to make it compatible (if it should not be) - but XP10 is the prime base simulator for 1.1

Jan

Any clue on when this update is coming? sorry for asking but i am too exited :) 

4 hours ago, Ricardo2696 said:

Any clue on when this update is coming? sorry for asking but i am too exited :) 

On 9.10.2016 at 10:06 AM, Litjan said:

Cheers, Jan

28 minutes ago, captain_alligator said:

Another related question for IXEG - have you considered how individual users will migrate from XP10 to XP11? I mean, in terms of activating the 737 in XP11 if the same serial number was already activated in XP10 on the same machine.

Don´t quote me on that, but you may be able to simply move the folder over to the new installation...The activation is validated "per machine" - so there is no need to validate again, I think.

Jan

The above info is correct, but you'll probably want to use the regular installer to migrate over just to make sure the entire install goes over cleanly (there are more parts than just the aircraft folder).

It will ask you to re-activate, but it will not burn one of your activations if it's on a machine which has already been activated before.

• Upvote 4

On 10/18/2016 at 8:32 AM, crisk73 said:

Just out of curiosity... the below incoming XP11 default 737NG cockpit has got somewhat IXEG style... my personal opinion.

Could it be that some of you guys of IXEG had a hand on it? Free to tell lies.. :rolleyes: :D

That actually looks a little bit like the iFly 737 from FSX. It has that 'feel' to it although it might as well be an internal XP development.

Well, I guess developers have studied the IXEG 737 well by now and got *inspiration* in many areas ;) 

As for the new default 737NG, I believe Alex is behind the 3D on that, and he is possibly the best 3D designer in X-Plane, so I expect that to be awesome.  The MD80 is most likely Sergio Santagada's which has existed behind the scenes for a decade but never got released, and I'm really happy to see it again in such good shape!  For those who are not old enough, Sergio is kind of the "Godfather" of XP, he built the first quality airliners in XP and played a major role in XP development of scenery, aircraft and textures in the period XP v5 - 9 if I recall correct.

• Upvote 4