N1 windmill values...

jcomm

iXEG 737 Classic...

Been looking at some videos.

I noticed that when an engine fails inflight, or is shutdown, the readings on N1 and N2 drop to 0, there being no windmill effects ? 

Is the iXEG turbine model using the default XP10 turbine simulation ?  I thought it used an external model ?

No, we are not using a full external model for the engines. We are simply tweaking the thrust values according to altitude and Mach no, the EGT during startup phase and the fuel flow to be in line with the real engine. So almost everything else you see (oil pressure, temperatures, windmilling N´s etc.) are default X-Plane.

There are no immediate plans to change that - even though some people are obsessed with having these things right after scrutinizing countless youtube videos, most real pilots would not be able to tell you what the oil temperature at cruise or the windmilling N1 at 300kts would be. It is possible to windmill-start the engines at the correct parameters in X-Plane, and that is all I care about for now.

It would be great to have a high-fidelity simulation of the whole engine, but right now the time/benefit ratio is prohibitive.

Cheers, Jan