Is This Website Still Alive?

JazAero

it may seem sarcastic, but it is a serious question.  What is going on here?  The front page of this site has not changed in months, despite the fact that there are a lot of improvements, add-ons, and enhancements.  Not to mention a new version (V.11) due out very soon.  And yet the front page of this site is stagnant and would lead one to believe nothing has happened or that the site itself is dead except for user forum posts.

I like this site better than the other one.  And this is my first real post here except for many, many photos, but I have to be honest, its stagnant and would lead one to believe that it has been abandoned.  I hope that is not the case.

please discuss and feel free to let me know if I am mistaken but except for user submitted content I have not seen anything new from the devs and mods.

• Upvote 1

I think he's talking about the front page, not the forums... 

Capture d’écran 2016-09-04 à 01.59.40.jpg

Latest news is from Feb 12th, not even an article about the IXEG Finally out...

;-)

These were his words:

"please discuss and feel free to let me know if I am mistaken but except for user submitted content I have not seen anything new from the devs and mods."

Quite false.

22 hours ago, JazAero said:

The front page of this site has not changed in months, despite the fact that there are a lot of improvements, add-ons, and enhancements.  Not to mention a new version (V.11) due out very soon.  And yet the front page of this site is stagnant and would lead one to believe nothing has happened or that the site itself is dead except for user forum posts.

These also… ;-) 

Except the "very soon" regarding x-plane 11 due date. (With 10.50 not even out yet).

I fail to see "anything new from the devs and mods" in the front page.

These also… ;-) 

Except the "very soon" regarding x-plane 11 due date. (With 10.50 not even out yet).

I fail to see "anything new from the devs and mods" in the front page.

Devs and mods are very much a big part of the activity on this forum. Sorry, but I don't agree with this.

The front page is meaningless in this context.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Devs and mods are very much a big part of the activity on this forum. Sorry, but I don't agree with this.

I was not trying to start any problems here.  I was simply voicing a concern which I think is valid.  The front page of this website has not had any changes in a very long time. and X-Plane 10.50r3 is Out which Ben has stated will probably be the final version. however, your news box is still showing 10.45RC-1 I would expect to see some updated news regarding this.  As well as this "Andy Colebourne Takes Over AC3D Plugin Development" these are important news items deserving a spot on the FrontPage or at least a mention. and the front page is the subject of this context .  

well, anyway, I am glad to hear that this is an active site. please do not misconstrue my query as a criticism.  Quite the opposite.  I am glad you guys are still in business.  As I stated earlier, I like it here,

Edited by JazAero

I was not trying to start any problems here.  I was simply voicing a concern which I think is valid.  The front page of this website has not had any changes in a very long time. and X-Plane 10.50r3 is Out which Ben has stated will probably be the final version. however, your news box is still showing 10.45RC-1 I would expect to see some updated news regarding this.  As well as this "Andy Colebourne Takes Over AC3D Plugin Development" these are important news items deserving a spot on the FrontPage or at least a mention. and the front page is the subject of this context .  

well, anyway, I am glad to hear that this is an active site. please do not misconstrue my query as a criticism.  Quite the opposite.  I am glad you guys are still in business.  As I stated earlier, I like it here,

The front page itself is simply a matter of time...time that I do not have.

Other folks have been "hired" for the job in the past. Each time they seem to run out of gas as well. Until that role is filled or my workload frees up, I don't have much to say.

These forums are extremely active, all from users, admins, and developers. I think it's pretty obvious this place isn't dead, but if that's your interpretation as an apparent active user then so be it for now.

On 9/4/2016 at 5:32 AM, Cameron said:

I would suggest to change that portal front page to display the forum index where indeed there is a lot of activity with latest posts etc 

when clicking on the forum link from the x-aviation page you get news from February, and there I do slightly agree that it seems a bit outdated at first sight

I would suggest to change that portal front page to display the forum index where indeed there is a lot of activity with latest posts etc 

when clicking on the forum link from the x-aviation page you get news from February, and there I do slightly agree that it seems a bit outdated at first sight

In the longer term this suggestion does not fit with the plans of this website.

If I ran X-Pilot the homepage would be filled with beautiful pictures of Kittens and puppies with an occasional unicorn thrown in there.

From a marketing perspective it would lure people into the content of the website much deeper since they will be in a state of complete bliss... Plus bring tons of irrelevant traffic to the site, who doesn't like visitors? 

Additionally I think somewhere on your site you should have user submitted poems and rebrand your homepage with "X-Pilot we are deep man" you could potentially generate more traffic with the hipster crowd thus brining more traffic to your site.....

Another good idea would be a link on your homepage that brings you to an additional board so we may discuss religion and politics, nothing brings people closer together than a good healthy pro life or evolution versus creationism debate......

You should really start making these changes and give 100%, I highly suggest you start ignoring those pesky add-ons you're so involved with....  

Cameron you're doing it wrong, I'm not offering up any help but if you don't listen to me your efforts are going to be the next AOL......just sayin 

• Upvote 4

On 9/5/2016 at 5:31 PM, JohnMAXX said:

If I ran X-Pilot the homepage would be filled with beautiful pictures of Kittens and puppies with an occasional unicorn thrown in there.

From a marketing perspective it would lure people into the content of the website much deeper since they will be in a state of complete bliss... Plus bring tons of irrelevant traffic to the site, who doesn't like visitors? 

Additionally I think somewhere on your site you should have user submitted poems and rebrand your homepage with "X-Pilot we are deep man" you could potentially generate more traffic with the hipster crowd thus brining more traffic to your site.....

Another good idea would be a link on your homepage that brings you to an additional board so we may discuss religion and politics, nothing brings people closer together than a good healthy pro life or evolution versus creationism debate......

You should really start making these changes and give 100%, I highly suggest you start ignoring those pesky add-ons you're so involved with....  

Cameron you're doing it wrong, I'm not offering up any help but if you don't listen to me your efforts are going to be the next AOL......just sayin 

looks like you had that debate already 

but this was not about telling anyone how they should run their business,  first time I landed here I asked myself this very same question. believe it or not, marketing can bring you some new customers, just needs to be done right