Missing Overhead Panel Sounds

charlie.nine.ten

I am having a problem with missing sounds.  The only 3 sounds that are working on the Overhead Panel are three single beeps when I turn on the Avionics.  All the warning sounds are missing, too.  The Console shows 103 sounds are not able to be found.  I removed JARDesign Ground Handling (included with the A330), and then also removed the A330. I have tried reloading the Saab 3 times since, but the sounds are still missing.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the plane.  Does anybody know what other plugins might be culprits?  I'm new to X-Plane, and don't have many added items at this point.  I have Enhanced Runways, Skids, Signs, and Vehicles loaded.  Also some payware and freeware airports.

My computer is quite up to the task, since it's about 2 months old.  Also, let me know if more information is needed.

John

The files you have seen listed on the gizmo logfile doesn't exist on my install, but mine works just fine.

I do suspect your problem is you are running Groundhandling plugin still, `please note disabling it within xplane takes the resources anyway. Doesn't work the same than removing it.

For the purpose of testing please move the GndHandling folder out of xplane plugins folder, then restart xplane to test if the problem is fixed. You can move the folder back later.

C:\Users\John\Desktop\X-Plane 10\Resources\plugins\GndHandling\

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, charlie.nine.ten said:

As they say in Apollo 13, "You, Sir, are a steely-eyed missle man!"  Thank you.  The sounds are back.  Does Gnd Handling Deluxe do the same thing to this plane?

Honestly i do not know. But i have seen lot of people having sound issues with JAR plugins and i have seen JAR released some updates to their stuff. But i am unsure if problems were fixed or not because i do not use them myself

Just in case, do you have latest version of the plugin?

The SAAB340 is one of the best aircraft for xplane, very well and in-deep simulation. A big update is coming with improvements, developers are working on it.

I have had the chance to fly in the cockpit many times a few years back :). A family member was a captain for the 340A&B

The sound emanating from the engines is pure music, adjusting the condition levers is great.

• 2 months later...
On 03/09/2016 at 5:13 AM, charlie.nine.ten said:

What a great opportunity that was! I'm glad you helped me get this working properly. I sure like the plane, and now it's going to be even better to fly with all the sounds back. Thank you again.

Hello! I am having a problems with sound on overhead switches as described in your original question, only I can hear sound when turning three avionics switches, I have tried to remove all Jardesign plugins this is including Groundhandling and also a320 and a330 and still the problems persist, i learn that you have solved yours. How did you solve yours?

thank you.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

17 hours ago, Rusny said:

Hello! I am having a problems with sound on overhead switches as described in your original question, only I can hear sound when turning three avionics switches, I have tried to remove all Jardesign plugins this is including Groundhandling and also a320 and a330 and still the problems persist, i learn that you have solved yours. How did you solve yours?

thank you.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

you are still loading them

Ground Handling Plugin by JARDesign v.220116 for X-Plane 10
Loaded: C:\Users/Rusny/Desktop/X-Plane 10/Resources/plugins/GndHandling/win.xpl (jardesign.crew.ground.handling).

Use a search function to see if there are other references to Ground Handling in your entire X-Plane folder, and remove them.  I removed the first one I found, but there was another file that was found using the search function.  When I removed that, the Saab sounds returned.

Ok I have removed everything I could think of and I even tried only with Stoke X-plane plugin but still no sound! Any thing else you could think of? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk