SkyMaxx Pro v3.3 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Hello, all,

This will serve as a formal forum announcement that we have released the version 3.3 update for SkyMaxx Pro. All customers who have purchased SkyMaxx Pro v3 up till now have been sent an e-mail by X-Aviation with complete instructions on how to obtain your update. We have made this a very simple process! For those that purchase SkyMaxx Pro v3 from today forward, your purchased download will already be updated to version 3.3 for you.

What if I didn't get the update e-mail?

If you did not receive your update e-mail don't fret! X-Aviation has updated our system to allow all customers to update with ease, regardless of whether you received an e-mail for the update! Here's what to do:

1. Login to your X-Aviation account here: https://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/account_history.php

2. Find your original SkyMaxx Pro 3 download and re-download it. It will download as the latest version!

There are some important performance improvements in this build.

The following is a list of additions/fixes included:

What's New / Changed:

• 50% less VRAM usage in cloudy conditions
  • Several performance improvements
  • Increased upper limit on cloud draw area setting
  • Improved cloud lighting
  • Improved cumulonimbus representation
  • Fixes crash with RWC and certain METAR reports

As always, thanks for being a customer with X-Aviation. We appreciate your feedback and support!

Enjoy these latest updates, and stay tuned to the forum as we continually announce the latest happenings.

• Upvote 8

17 minutes ago, kjhkent said:

Hi Unfortunately my iMac reports that the downloaded installer is corrupt and I am unable to install. Tried downloading second copy which fully downloaded and same corrupted file reported.

Screen Shot 2016-08-27 at 11.57.27.png

No problem here installing SkyMaxx 3.3. Did you unzip the file you downloaded before you was trying to install it ?

Edited by Tom Stian

Hiya's,

Same as Tom for myself

Installed just fine

So if you didn't extract the folder/file, then make sure you do so

As some of us found out some time back, not doing so can cause all kind of weird errors

If you did extract, then i'd suggest hanging tight for Cameron or Frank to advise

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
can't use the queens english old chap
  • Upvote 1

Hi All

The file downloaded fully but failed at the installer. I opened the package contents and installed from within the Mac OS folder itself rather than the front end installer and it has all installed as usual. I have emailed support with the details I think just minor problem with the installer coding.

Edited by kjhkent
add info

5 hours ago, frontendrob said:

Right in time for the weekend, thanks guys!

Is the NOAA url fix included? One would think it requires an update to RWC instead?

I've heard that the NOAA URL fix will actually be distributed separately as part of an RWC update. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, X-Plane's 10.50rc3 release fixes their own URL, so RWC in "automatic" mode should start working again if you have 10.50rc3.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, sundog said:

I've heard that the NOAA URL fix will actually be distributed separately as part of an RWC update. Stay tuned.

Meanwhile, X-Plane's 10.50rc3 release fixes their own URL, so RWC in "automatic" mode should start working again if you have 10.50rc3.

I was just testing the update and wondered where this went :)

Thx for the heads up.

8 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

No problem here installing SkyMaxx 3.3. Did you unzip the file you downloaded before you was trying to install it ?

Yes it was unpacked as usual. But when the installer was clicked got the message shown. As stated I eventually got into the package contents and installed it directly from the MACOS folder OSX intel and the installer then ran as usual.

8 minutes ago, McShiggity Pilot said:

get the errorunkown error while running the uninstall of the previous version " Uninstall SkyMaxx pro.exe app cannot run on your pc.

Did you by chance remove SkyMaxx from your plugins folder at one point prior to this latest update?

• Upvote 1

Just now, McShiggity Pilot said:

Good question...No I don't think I did. I installed and never touched it again. Why do you ask?

Just trying to assess the issue.

Do the following:

1. Go to: X-Plane/X-Aviation and delete the SkyMaxx Pro uninstaller file

2. Go to: X-Plane/Resources/plugins/ and delete the SilverLining folder

Now re-run the version 3.3 update.

38 minutes ago, evgomes said:

Hi, I have updated both SkyMaxx Pro 3.3 and RWC successfully. However, now my simulation is flashing, as if lightning were in the skies. Somebody has an idea of what I can do to solve this.

Please post your log.txt so we can see what kind of system you're on. First thing I would do is make sure your video drivers are up to date, in any case.

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic