ADF needles do not point

jcjimmy

24 minutes ago, jcjimmy said:

When tuned to an ADF frequency and ADF selected, they do not point at all. The VOR needles work ok.

The Fuel Cross Feed Valve selector on the overhead panel does not turn to the right. The left works ok.

The crossfeed valve is either closed or open. So you open it by turning the crossfeed selector to the left.

Have you selected ADF on the RMI also ? Remember that NDB's have limited range.

(littlebit overkill on the image size)

5d21V6i.png

QVAtSoI.png

Edited by Tom Stian

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I thought the Fuel Cross Feed Valve was directional - left or right. However, I see the parallel white lines make it clear it is bi-directional. Now I can balance my left and right tanks as necessary. For some reason, the right fuel consumption is slightly higher than the left.

Insofar as the ADF goes i did select the ADFs on the RMI and both radios were tuned to an ADF frequency. The selectors were on ADF I believe, unless when they were changed in a fresh restart of the a/c. I was over the Bahamas for one Bahamian freq and tested 880 WCBS at the same time. In real life flying I would check the bearing to NY abeam FL and try and get football scores for the pax time permitting. 880 had a great range. All that said, I just checked the ADFs and they are pointing ok!

Thanks for your response. This is a great a/c. Keep up the good work.