Paint Kit anomalies

jfjoubert

Hi,

Just some things I have noticed whilst using the IXEG 737 paint kit in GIMP 2.8. Not sure if this is GIMP related or not... I don't have Photoshop so can't confirm.

When painting close to the nose of the plane I'm getting some strange lines... you can also see these lines on an single coloured aircraft but they're not that obvious when you're only using one colour.

B733_11.jpg

And here's the default IXEG paint...

B733_12.jpg

2nd Issue is with the nose wheel doors.

The one on the right has some textures on the inside, but the one on the left has none.
On the right...

B733_13.jpg

and the left...

B733_14.jpg

The on to the engines...

On the right side engine there is a "T/R DEACTIVATED" decal which is displaying fine, but on the left side engine the text is reversed.

Right engine...

B733_16.jpg

and the left...

B733_15.jpg

Just thought I would mention these.

• 4 months later...

I just finished a repaint job using Gimp and it's available for download (Swift Air). I just realized this as well, and was about to post these issues (mainly about the nose wheel doors). Also if you mute the grey background layer on Gimp, it will make the inside of that left nose door completely transparent.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this, or if there is or will be a paint kit update?

Regards,

Efrain D.

I do a very, very little amount of repainting, and I too use GIMP.  It's been my experience that every paint kit, either from the developer, or from a secondary party, contains anomalies like this.  For some reason, when developers create a model, they don't give much thought to the texturing end of it, and sometimes, textures get re-used, as in the nose gear door.  Another area I haven't been able to solve are the vortex generators on the empennage.  If your paint scheme splits them, you have to just pick a color and live with all of them being the same color.

It'd be nice to see these things remapped and fixed, but I doubt the paintkit is very high on the priority list.

Tim