Hi,

Since smartcopilot is now working reasonably stable, my co-pilot and I would like to start working on the way we handle the aircraft and each other. I was wondering if there are any standard operating procedures to follow to learn about the terminology in the flight deck, each pilots' responsibility, what Pilot Flying actually means, callouts, etc. 

Cheers,

Max

Hi Max,

yes, there are! :P

I could teach you here if I had a few months of time...but since I don´t, I would suggest you do some google searching for keywords like "FCOM" "737-300", and so on.

I think there are even some links flying around in this forum...shouldn´t be hard to find for an internet-savvy person, but of course reading "official" documentation isn´t really entertaining.

Jan

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:05 AM, MadMckMax said:

Hi,

Since smartcopilot is now working reasonably stable, my co-pilot and I would like to start working on the way we handle the aircraft and each other. I was wondering if there are any standard operating procedures to follow to learn about the terminology in the flight deck, each pilots' responsibility, what Pilot Flying actually means, callouts, etc. 

Cheers,

Max

On ‎03‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, Litjan said:

Hi Max,

yes, there are! :P

I could teach you here if I had a few months of time...but since I don´t, I would suggest you do some google searching for keywords like "FCOM" "737-300", and so on.

I think there are even some links flying around in this forum...shouldn´t be hard to find for an internet-savvy person, but of course reading "official" documentation isn´t really entertaining.

Jan

May be an answer here:

• Upvote 1