Used all my IXEG activations

dbvetter

I'm trying to find out where I can report my problem with my IXEG 737 classic activation slots.  I got a new computer and can't activate it because I don't have anymore "slots".   Do I have to buy it over again just to get 3 more slots?  Do not understand why you can only activate it a product a finite number of times.  I buy and sell computers all the time so I reinstall products a lot.

10 minutes ago, dbvetter said:

I'm trying to find out where I can report my problem with my IXEG 737 classic activation slots.  I got a new computer and can't activate it because I don't have anymore "slots".   Do I have to buy it over again just to get 3 more slots?  Do not understand why you can only activate it a product a finite number of times.  I buy and sell computers all the time so I reinstall products a lot.

Unfortunately several forms of piracy exist and it kills the developers business to succeed. 3 activation slots is one of the unfortunate measures that comes out out this but required trying to control key distribution, etc.

You have to contact support to get a key reset -support@x-aviation.com-

They have many other tools to know if someone is sharing (to a family or friend) or reselling it. In such case everything is fine they will reset your key. Support time frames are 3 business days as long as i understand.

On Friday, July 01, 2016 at 1:43 AM, dbvetter said:

If i used them all up i plan to contact xa before the de install / re install. See where they stand and then act accordingly.

Maybe that is an idea for you next time. 

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2016 at 2:48 AM, Ben Russell said:

Avoiding the question by trying to make me look bad doesn't help your position.

I Fail to see where he tried to make you look bad... it's a little bit sad... 

Some people change hardware very often, it's quite common in the gaming world, so they buy and sell Pcs, and it's not a business, so asking for a professional website or a "proof of claim" is a bit extreme in my opinion. 

I know from experience that not everyone is honest in this world but taking everyone as a dishonest person from the beginning seems like a strange way of doing business and do not seem to me a good long term policy.

I have a suggestion, however regarding the activation policy, maybe you can do what other companies do : ie give the possibility to a user to deactivate a computer when uninstalling the product, so you'd get the 3 activations thing, and when the computer is sold it is deactivated (so the software won't run on it) then reactivate the new computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All.  New to the forum. Evidently activations can be a touchy subject, but I will try not to step on any toes.

I am just getting my setup back together after a severely damaging hail storm literally destroyed my house back in April (the storm made national news). 

I am interested in purchasing this aircraft.  But my setup uses 4 separate pc's to run X-Plane on 4 monitors.  My other aircraft that require activation (777, and JAR A320.) had to be activated on all 4 computers.  Am I reading correctly this plane comes with only 3 activations, before having to request additional activations?  Obviously, right off the bat, I need 4.

I'm just trying to evaluate what I am going to have to go through, when I purchase this plane.

Thank you everyone for your time.

- Bill