iGoDispatch for IXEG's Boeing-733

iGoApp

Greetings all. I was delighted to discover the iGoDespatch utility today. Installed it along with the latest IXEG plugin 2.30.6. All appears ok thus far except I can't work out how to map it to Navigraph AIRAC (updated yesterday to 1809/R1.)    

Could someone kindly put me right? 

I haven't got around to other fine points such as setting TCP but will once I get the AIRACs to sync. 

Great looking tool, well done, can't wait to get seriously into it.  

Regards

4 hours ago, SUAS14 said:

All appears ok thus far except I can't work out how to map it to Navigraph AIRAC (updated yesterday to 1809/R1.)    

Hi, SUAS14.

Please do the following.

1. Login to http://www.navigraph.com;

2. Go to Products -> FMS Data -> Manual Install;

3. Find FMS data for “X-Plane GNS430, 777 Worldliner (Ext/Prof), Flightfactor B757 Professional, VMAX B767-300ER Professional, X-Crafts Embraer E-175 - native**

4. Click Download.

5. Unzip the downloaded file.

6. Copy the folder “navdata” in the unzipped file and paste it in:

• Macintosh HD\Library\iGoDispatchBoeing733\ (Mac) or
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\iGoDispatchBoeing733\ (Windows).

These folders should already have the navdata folder with outdated data. Replace the folder when prompted.

For more information, you may refer to the manual (page 11).

Cheers.

Edited by iGoApp

17 hours ago, iGoApp said:

No. Is this even possible in real life? Or pilots always do it manually?

I guess, leave something to the pilot. ;)

Cheers.

For our aircraft there was the possibility to load the routing (it is called "company route") into the FMS - but no performance data or such. All that stuff had to always be entered manually - and then doublechecked by the second pilot, as putting in wrong weights is obviously pretty dangerous...

Cheers, Jan

37 minutes ago, Litjan said:

For our aircraft there was the possibility to load the routing (it is called "company route") into the FMS - but no performance data or such. All that stuff had to always be entered manually - and then doublechecked by the second pilot, as putting in wrong weights is obviously pretty dangerous...

Cheers, Jan

So I'm learning...thanks, Jan! I'm still quite a novice with this stuff.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:22 AM, iGoApp said:

Michelf and other pilots in Europe who have problems with loading.

Can you please try the following to verify my hypothesis?

1) Go to Control Panel.

2) Go to Clock and Region.

3) Go to Region.

4) Tab Formats. In the Format drop-down menu, select English (United States) or English (Canada)

5) Click Apply.

6) Tab Administrative. Click on Change system locale. In the Current system locale drop-down menu, select  English (United States) or English (Canada). Click OK.

7) Click OK. Close Control Panel. Restart the computer.

Please try if this solved your problem and let me know. If this is the culprit, this will be a temporary workaround and will be fixed in the next update.

Cheers.

Hi, I live in France and have some terrible stuff going on in my PC due all those languages I have to write and have to be supported , about 5 or so...)

after setting the above to US,  at least I got to the point where the payload was transferred to the plane, but no luck with the fuel ... the best I got to was that the tanks get emptied but no way to set fuel to the 5 metric tons (or about 11 K lbs) through the app.

cheers/O

3 hours ago, donoscar said:

after setting the above to US,  at least I got to the point where the payload was transferred to the plane, but no luck with the fuel ... the best I got to was that the tanks get emptied but no way to set fuel to the 5 metric tons (or about 11 K lbs) through the app.

donoscar. Please PM me your LogIGD.txt file.

In any case, I will be testing an update addressing the issue with European Locale Settings early next week, so expect it shortly.

Best.

Dear developer of this product,

Please take this as a general feedback and consider it for your development roadmap.

There are dozens of similar add-ons (for both P3D/FSX & XP) that all claim to do 'flight planning' and 'dispatch', while in actual fact all they do is some sort of shallow version of rough planning and trip preparation in general, additionally adding really irrelevant, yet eye-candy features that some simmers love -- i.e. interactive maps, live flight tracking from flight sim, metars, etc.

Please, don't re-invent the wheel, as of today there are only two proper flight planning tools for consumer flight simulators /for IFR/, they are PFPX and SimBrief (with SimBrief being junior light-weight equivalent of PFPX). If you position your software as a flight planning solution, then please check what real-world flight planning products actually produce and compare that with your feature list, you will immediately realize that your product has nothing to do with flight planning (or oversimplification at most). So unless you able to create a more superior software to PFPX or Simbrief , please, don't waste your time and re-invent the wheel, don't confuse the public by using this term. It is not a flight planning, I would call it 'trip estimation' at most. All your app does can be checked on a few pages of Boeing FPPM document (if I ever want to wonder about rough figures), you don't need fancy app to do that; and for actual thorough flight planning you use actual flight planning tool, e.g PFPX/Simbrief.

Aside from 'trip estimation', your product performs some CG calculation, great, yet again, it is just not deep enough to produce useful output. I would love to have a quality automated loadsheet solution for B737-300 as TOPCAT does this for other aircraft types. This is completely separate from flight planning. 

Finally, there's take off & landing performance, another matter again, not to be mixed up with the previous two. Having a TO&LDG perfomance tool (of real-world Boeing OPT EFB equivalent) would be great. This niche has only been properly attempted by TOPCAT for a limited number of aircraft (not including B737CL). Again, there are dozens of calculators, including payware (such as TOPER for B737CL) that claim to do performance calculations, but the way they do it and the output format are just ridiculous simplifications, for this day and age.

To conclude, no one is discouraging you from developing anything, but please just explore what has been developed in the past, compare and benchmark with your feature list and always compare with real-world products; don't confuse people with inappropriate terminology (esp. given this app is payware, so can also technically count as false advertising). There is also no need for eye-candy features that have no real value.

My ultimate suggestion, please focus on one thing and do it right.

In my opinion, at the moment it is aircraft-specific performance tools and loadsheet tools that are missing and flight sim community really need them to progress further. There is little demand for all those shallow dispatch tools like EFASS, etc. For flight planning we have near perfect PFPX that beats some even real-world solutions in terms of functionality.

Having programming skills is great, but you got to pair them with the deep subject knowledge!

In absence of TOPCAT profiles for B737CL or other viable software, I do load control with CG with actual load&trim sheets, TO&LDG performance with Boeing AOM/QRH/FPPM docs and flight planning with PFPX. 

Not promoting PMDG here, but even they at last recognized that developing aircraft add-on on it's own is not enough today as you also need a set of quality tools to operate it to the same high degree of detail as the actual aircraft allows you to, that's why they are now adding EFBs with real-world like performance tools (starting with B747). The key difference here that they will emulate real Boeing performance tool, not another one-fits-all flight planning planning solution with eye candies.

Thank you.

Edited by NZWW

Dear developer of this product,

Please take this as a general feedback and consider it for your development roadmap.

No offense, but it's a $9.95 add-on that doesn't claim to do anything more than what it says in the product description. You're in a major minority of "true nerd" with all you just said and won't even be close to the target market of this product. No disrespect intended, just being real.

I think you need to think about that before posting things like this.
  • Upvote 1

While it may be does not claim much more than it does, my core argument is that there is really little demand for such shallow tools, they've been around in abundance since early 2000's. Spend time on developing something useful that will really benefit our community in the long term.

Edited by NZWW

While it may be does not claim much more than it does, my core argument is that there is really little demand for such shallow tools, they've been around in abundance since early 2000's. Spend time on something useful that will really benefit community.

You have no access to statistics of sales data, let alone demand for anything. You are shooting darts in the dark with that statement.

This is geared toward one specific aircraft, which you also have no sales information to. You are NOT in any way qualified to make these statements. They're simply assumptions. default_smile.png

• Upvote 1

'You pays your money and you takes your choice.' I purchased it to speed up the  flight-planning process in the IXEG FMC which I have found to be a bottleneck.

Maybe I'll use it a lot maybe I won't. Hardly tried it yet. Goodness, it' only cost loose change, and in the end it's only a game.

I know a bit about planes. Retired now but did my early training in the RAF in the UK. That wasn't a game of course. 

I also completed a 10-week CPL course at the College of Air Training in Motueka, New Zealand. 

Speaking of New Zealand I know of no kiwi airfield NZWW. But, being curious I did find a reference to New Zealand Womans' Weekly.

Regards. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, gazzy360 said:

I don't suppose it calculates engine derate too does it? 

gazzy360. No, currently it does not. However, my intention is to continue developing the application and adding more features. Two things that I will take into consideration when doing this: whether this is already implemented in the plane (e.g., through calculations in FMC) and the extent to which I have access to the real plane documentation. If you want something added, please let me know and I will definitely consider it. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, igor_shlyakhta said:

Hello, I want to express the gratitude for this remarkable program. In general the prgramma works, but there is one problem - METAR window parameters for the chosen airport are not loaded. Tell me please what can be the cause? Please help. Thanks.

Hi. Thanks a lot for your kind words!

Can you please advise which airport(s) you are trying to get the METAR report for? I've just checked on my computer and had no issues. Also please attach the LogIGD.txt file (either here or in a private message).

Regards.

It is downloaded from an ftp server. This is the nature of the error:

https://community.ipswitch.com/s/article/PORT-EPRT-Active-Mode-Extended-Active-Mode-is-not-supportedconnection-issue

...this indicates that something between the FTP client and the WS_FTP Server has interrupted the connection.  This error is not being reported by the WS_FTP Server, it is being reported to the user by something outside of the WS_FTP Server.”

If you live in Russia, your government (Rostelekom?) and/or ISP are probably blocking the access.

Cheers.

Edited by iGoApp