autobrakes

cloudfreak1

Hi,

have most of the time problems to get autobrakes working ,neither in RTO on TO nor on Ldg 

if i conduct a RTO above 80kts the auto brake disarm  light illuminates and no braking happens

on touchdown the auto brake disarm  light is not illuminated but no braking :when then manually apply brakes the auto brake disarm  light illuminates

are there any hardwaresettings required?

Hi Jürgen,

have you checked if your thrust levers are fully at "idle"? This is a requirement for the autobrake to work...

For the RTO to function, you need to be faster than 90kts...below that it will simply DISARM.

Thanks, Jan

Edited by Litjan

• 2 weeks later...
On 15-6-2016 at 5:56 PM, cloudfreak1 said:

Hi Jan,

..that seems to be the mistake i made, tried to land too smooth with -schleppgas-

..so the engines must be on idle before touchdown?

many thanks ,with speeds faster than 90kts it works ,i thought it would be 80tks

hi Jürgen,

from what OPS stuff I read, you want to be at (no lower preferably) 50 ft over the threshold of the rwy, then at 20 ft thrust idle and when youget the "whoa shit" feeling you "break" by pulling the nose up a few degrees. No real flaring like in light aircraft or gliders is done.  If you nail it, when you break the ground effect helps and you get very smooth landings. This feels very rewarding as in real life. (landings are the best part of the flight imho.)

ofc, im no expert with 0 time on seats that matter in the real 737 ;)

-roland

Edited by sparkie66
  • Upvote 1