SkyMaxx Pro 3.2 crashes X-Plane

RLBrooks

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think going back to 3.3 will help. The issue probably has to do with the software library we use from NOAA to parse METAR files crashing on some unusual METAR entry it hasn't seen before.

Once the METAR data changes this problem will go away, and we'll see if we can track down the root cause in the meantime.

If anyone can post their METAR.rwx file while experiencing this issue, it would help.

The METAR report that caused the crash has already changed, so if you're still experiencing this, deleting your METAR file(s) and restarting X-Plane should clear things up for now.

The root cause of the crash has been identified; once again it is a bug in the METAR parsing code we obtained from NOAA. The entry this time comes from one of my favorite places, ironically enough - Whidbey Island in Washington State:

KNUW 091053Z 12004KT 1 3/4SM BR FEW010 08/06 A3038 RMK AO2 VIS 1/2

That final VIS 1/2 is what threw it off.

I've coded up a fix for this case and will see if we can squeeze it into the forthcoming SMP 3.3.2 update to ensure this particular case doesn't happen again.

• Upvote 2

Hiya's,

Been playing with a different visual setup

So before Frank and the crew do a patch lol, here's a vid

Of course the stutters are generally there as fraps sucks some of my go-go juice (processing power)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oITLVFtqHzk&feature=youtu.be

Since uploading, i've changed some RTH settings, almost got that perfected (for me anyways)

Have Fun

Tony

ps : 5820k @ 4.7 and FE Gtx 1080 at stock, in 1920x1200 res

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, asif90988 said:

My xplane has never completed a flight successfully thanks to SkyMaxx Pro. I am not sure whats wroong but it crashes most of the time wtihin 20- 30 minutes of a flight.

Please find attached log. Any help to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Log.txt

Your log does not indicate that SkyMaxx Pro caused your crash. Try temporarily removing your add-on scenery (including HD mesh) and third party aircraft. Can you fly reliably then?

No, just because we were the last thing to write a log entry does not mean we caused the crash. If we did, your log would say the crash was caused by SkyMaxx Pro.

Your log looks more like some sort of memory exhaustion or corruption issue, as it happened within X-Plane itself from the looks of it. So it's consistent with SkyMaxx Pro either pushing your system over the edge due to too many other add-ons being present, or some other add-on corrupting memory that SkyMaxx Pro is using.