strange stutters in 1.0.5 with SkyMaxx Pro 3.1.2

ShaneMontoya

Hi Jan and IXEG,

Everything was smooth before (IXEG 737 1.0.4 with SMP 3.1.1). After upgrading the SMP to 3.2 (thank you Cameron for reminding me), I get constant stutters and fps drops from 40 to 20 in a blink of an eye and then returns to 40; about 5-10 seconds later the stutters just happen again and repeat.

I am not sure if it is caused by IXEG 737 or SMP, but after trying different solutions (like downgrade 737C to 1.0.4 or disable SMP or all plugins) the stutter continues. After I tried loading another non-gizmo plane (samen A343 or FF767) the stutter disappears. So I assume there is something wrong at my gizmo side.

I also tried to export debug file thru four dot "...." but unable to get a file. The CDU keep telling me "invalid export".

B733_157.png

So sorry I can only provide log.txt and gizmolog.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Looking forward to any suggestion. Many many thanks.

Shane

Edited by ShaneMontoya
version 3.2 but not 3.1.2

Hi Jan and IXEG,

Everything was smooth before (IXEG 737 1.0.4 with SMP 3.1.1). After upgrading the SMP to 3.1.2, I get constant stutters and fps drops from 40 to 20 in a blink of an eye and then returns to 40; about 5-10 seconds later the stutters just happen again and repeat.

I am not sure if it is caused by IXEG 737 or SMP, but after trying different solutions (like downgrade 737C to 1.0.4 or disable SMP or all plugins) the stutter continues. After I tried loading another non-gizmo plane (samen A343 or FF767) the stutter disappears. So I assume there is something wrong at my gizmo side.

I also tried to export debug file thru four dot "...." but unable to get a file. The CDU keep telling me "invalid export".

B733_157.png

So sorry I can only provide log.txt and gizmolog.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Looking forward to any suggestion. Many many thanks.

Shane

Wait...SMP 3.1.2 or 3.2? They both exist, so just clarifying.

I have the same problem.   I found that by lowering the cloud coverage area and applying the change eliminates the stutters.    The good news is... I can then go back and increase the cloud coverage area to what it was before I lowered it with no stutters being reintroduced.  

I never experienced these stutters in SkyMaxx 3.1, only in 3.2 since it was installed a couple of days ago.  And the stutters usually begin to appear when I start my pushback OR very shortly after takeoff.    To generalize more  about "when" this occurs... it's early in the trip and shortly after my aircraft has begun to "move", presumably requiring the system to draw clouds more dynamically relative to the aircraft's changing position.   Happily, they NEVER come back at any point in throughout the rest of my journey once I've eliminated them.

For me, it's manageable, but unacceptable to have to do that.

That said, the improved performance of the clouds is very noticeable and much appreciated.  It's allowed me to really increase the coverage area substantially and I now get a better depth of cloud cover.

4 hours ago, Phil Chimbolo said:

It's allowed me to really increase the coverage area substantially and I now get a better depth of cloud cover.

Another big win is to use fast cloud puff style and low res texture set.  Allowed me to increase the coverage slider from 1/2 to 3/4.

The clouds look perfectly fine to me for flying at all altitudes.

• Upvote 1

We are a few on Skymaxx pro forum who did find out that resetting Skymaxx on the fly would cure big sttuters appearing in flight. My guess is that the problem is with Skymaxx but I can tell for sure as I only fly IXEG. I need to find time for another flight to see if this issue is recurent.

Pierre

Also have this issue since the last SMP update, however it takes about 30 minutes to occur. I then tried to disable SMP inflight and re-enable it. Worked fine and then the stutters were gone for another 30 minutes. So I think there is some sort of memory leak or so. 

18 hours ago, Jorge Uvo said:

I also have the same issue since last SMP update. As I only have been flying IXEG, I cannot say the behavior with another airframe.

Sorry to hear about the issues - but happy to hear that you are flying our plane exclusively! :)

I hope this can be figured out,

Jan

Hello every one,

Thank you all for your help. I tried several solutions you have provided (also including reinstall the 737 and SMP) and eventually the stutters seem to be solved. Though I can still notice constant fps drops showing at the top-left side of the screen, the "feeling" of the stutters really diminishes.

Again thank you all.

Shane