OK, someone explain Navigraph to me.

Tim013

The IXEG is my first FMC aircraft ever.  Since I've been flying the crap out of it, and I see no end in sight, I'd like to update to a current cycle.  So, do I understand this correctly: if I purchase the "FMS Data All Cycles (1 year) subscription", then I can use the data on all of the aircraft listed on their manual install page?  I can use for my Carenado stuff, IXEG, and the x737?

I just don't want to make the wrong purchase, and have to go through the hassle of straightening it out.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

5 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

The IXEG is my first FMC aircraft ever.  Since I've been flying the crap out of it, and I see no end in sight, I'd like to update to a current cycle.  So, do I understand this correctly: if I purchase the "FMS Data All Cycles (1 year) subscription", then I can use the data on all of the aircraft listed on their manual install page?  I can use for my Carenado stuff, IXEG, and the x737?

I just don't want to make the wrong purchase, and have to go through the hassle of straightening it out.

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Yes

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tim013 said:

Thanks for looking.

Tim

Yes, this is not on a per aircraft basis license, so your 1 year purchase will provide you all cycle updates (they are monthly) for all of your hangar.

How the updates work?

A). xplane navdatabase. The fmc data manager app that navigraph provides will update the xplane general nav database.

More and more aircraft points their FMCs/GARMINs to read nav information from the xplane navdatabase. Once you update the xplane navdatabase via the FMS manager from navigraph all those aircraft are automatically updated as well because their read xplane database. No need to upgrade those aircraft databases. All FF 757/767/777 and all Garmin based birds fall under this category so far.

B). aircraft own database.  Some aircraft uses their own navdatabase, such us Rotate MD, IXEG733, so you have to update their navdatabase held under their own folder structure. This is were the FMC manager app from Navigraph has to recognize them to properly update them. All existing xplane addons are recognized as of now, and if any new aircraft comes into play navigraph will surely include/support it.

hope this clarifies

• Upvote 3

Tim013,

I got Navigraph just a few hours before or after  the IXEG 737 came out (my memory lol)

I think it's well worth the cost for a 12mth sub, also you get codes included for other sites :) as a bonus (AirTrack/Flightsim Solutions/OnlineSim.org/and my fav...SimBrief)

So the bonus stuff alone is a real nice touch to be thrown in for free

Have Fun

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

I'll fire the manager up and post back Vespa

brb for edit

Ok i'm back

All my 4 planes are on 1606 rev 1

Not having EFASS, i'd hazard a guess that it needed something revised to full be compatible, obviously hence rev2

I did notice last cycle i think it was, IXEG was on a revision, other planes weren't (or visa-versa)

If it's working don't worry

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text