IXEG 737 Classic v1.0.5 Has Been Released!

Cameron

10 hours ago, tkyler said:

I also agree with you both; however, we are in a bit of a unique spot.  Established companies like PMDG and such, having a reputation and sizable user base to interact with, already had a basis for a good beta program based on previous products and customer base.  Being this is our first product, and not having any type of "team" or customers we had relationships with made it a bit more difficult to get participants on the scale needed for proper QA work IMO.  I could pick about 30 people from these forums now that would make superb beta testers for a next product, etc.

Also, we are using some new tech that is a bit different...and on the one hand, allows us to further the state of the art is some areas because it allows us to do more faster...but when you do more, you also have more areas you can trip up, which also means even more areas to test, etc.  

Finally, as Nils mentioned, we are seeing issues that are not ubiquitous...and so our internal team is still only a few people and none of us may see an issue and only when it gets out on a larger scale do these come to light.   

We are strategizing ways to deal with it though.....without a doubt the ONLY way to battle-test any fix is by volume testing....and volume testing requires some adminsitration and willing participants.  I have no doubt we have enough willing participants now....all you guys are great, its more a matter of administration and implementation on our part.  We are still getting our legs as a study level simulation 'company' and we really do appreciate your patience and support.

I think the hotfixes will slow down a bit as things have settled down a bit....and we begin to work in earnest on the 1.1 release and indeed, be a bit more comprehensive in our testing.   

-tkyler

Yeah, a first product like this, as complex as it is, was tough to pull off with  such a small beta group.  Overall though, I think you guys did a fine job for sure.  One thing I've noticed with small flight sim product betas is people have their favorite routes to fly, and they don't really push the software.  In other words, they have a comfort zone, and rarely leave it.  Once they debug their comfort zone, that's it.  They don't provide much else after that.  You need people that will push the boundaries, and not make the same flight over, and over, and over. 

I was surprised a there was even a 5th hotfix this weekend.  I fully expected you guys to take a well deserved holiday weekend(in the U.S.) off.

Tim

On 5/30/2016 at 6:59 AM, Litjan said:

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice words and feeback - I think we are getting to the point where the plane works reliably and satisfactory within the limits of what we set out to do.

Next will be adding the "missing features" as outlined in my initial post about that. We will spot/introduce some bugs during this process for sure, and I envision us doing the odd hotfix until 1.1 - but they will not be coming at a weekly basis, but rather "when having enough to warrant one".

Please continue to report all findings, it is easy to get accustomed to little peculiarities, but we want the plane to work as the real one does, without having to "work around" or "avoid" certain things!

Happy flying everyone, Jan

I still have the bug where some switches don't have any sound with SoundMAXX installed. EDIT: log updated.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by jonfrederickl
added log and gizmo log.

23 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi Super27 and welcome to X-Plane and IXEG!

I wouldn´t say no - but there is certainly more change from a -300 to a -400 than from a -300 to the -500. More overwing exits, different temperature control... In the future we would like to pick off the easy derivatives, but we have to weigh if the additional work is at least on par with the additional sales we would get from it.

Cheers, Jan

Hello Jan and IXEG team,

Thanks for the warm welcome and the info about the -400.  Should you ever decide to do a -400, you shall have at least one customer. :D

I do have a problem, which may have been addressed already somewhere else.  Whenever I try to input data into the FMS during flight, he sim nearly stops and the FPS take a dive. Sometimes it takes up to a minute for the sim to recover.  Is my computer too weak to handle the IXEG 737?  Do other users have similar issues?

Thanks for your comments.

All the best.

Hey guys, thanks for the new update!

But... It looks like, that in my case i have bigger problems with new update than in the previous one. Yesterday i had soft crash when i clicked on index page on the FMC and my LNAV and VNAV stoped working completly. Right now i was flying to EGNT, and somewhere around 130 nm before T/D i inputed 7000ft for transition alt in forecast page and i got immediate crash to desktop in X-plane. :/

Anyway looking forward for the new updates, sincei think that this is the best aircraft for us simmers at this moment! :) 

Log.txt

16 hours ago, Boki_Bg said:

Hey guys, thanks for the new update!

But... It looks like, that in my case i have bigger problems with new update than in the previous one. Yesterday i had soft crash when i clicked on index page on the FMC and my LNAV and VNAV stoped working completly. Right now i was flying to EGNT, and somewhere around 130 nm before T/D i inputed 7000ft for transition alt in forecast page and i got immediate crash to desktop in X-plane. :/

Anyway looking forward for the new updates, sincei think that this is the best aircraft for us simmers at this moment! :) 

Log.txt

Hi Boki,

thanks for the report! We will keep working on these crashes - but to find them we need a lot more information - if you want to help, please read the bug reporting guide in the manual, or at least post the gizmo log so we know what the exact nature of your crash was.

Thanks, Jan

On 6/1/2016 at 9:32 AM, Litjan said:

Or from any other live virus scanner, like Avast, etc.

Jan

Hello Jan and cosmopilot,

Thanks for the advise, but the problem still remains. Tried reducing texture resolution in XP settings. No change noted.  Any other ideas?

Thank you all in advance.

Edited by Super27
Found the fix to my problem. All is well now after turning off Threaded Optimization in Nvidia Inspector.

22 minutes ago, mikemadmax said:

HI Cameron:

Sorry to bother you again. I decided to add the IXEG 737 to my inventory. However, I cant find the document/manual interface folder anywhere in the download. Would kindly advise on where they are located.

Thanks,

Mike

/aircraft/X-Aviaton/IXEG 737 Classic/Documentation

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, heinz92 said:

KLGA KBOS. 22 DCT MERIT ROBUC2 22L. Soft crash appeared when selecting TAKEOFF 2. page. HIdGYfhvFuzgQUQ23Ax93QsaGR86YMZoFoXvCGbs

Wrong section to post a crash.

Bad crash report.

Fortunately bug already known and will be fixed with next update (soon).

Jan

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, avantime said:

Any information regarding the next update? Is it going to be another Gizmo Hotfix or will it be a traditional patch?

It will be another hotfix, but most likely the last one before the first real "traditional" patch which includes more than just code fixes. The hotfix is ready except for one item (VNAV descent speed limit overhaul) - and we figured it would be well worth holding off another day or two if we can get this in. If it turns out to take too long, we will release the hotfix without that.

Jan

• Upvote 3

It will be another hotfix, but most likely the last one before the first real "traditional" patch which includes more than just code fixes. The hotfix is ready except for one item (VNAV descent speed limit overhaul) - and we figured it would be well worth holding off another day or two if we can get this in. If it turns out to take too long, we will release the hotfix without that.

Jan

you are awesome guys!! We appreciate and admire you work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic