IXEG 737 Classic v1.0.5 Has Been Released!

Cameron

Captains,

X-Aviation and IXEG are pleased to provide you a free upgrade to version 1.0.5 of the IXEG 737 Classic!

Just like with our previous update, we will use the HotFix upgrade system here. Rather than going and re-downloading an entire aircraft package, or having to go through a full re-install process, we will be offering more immediate code changes through this delivery method. In short, it's quick, easy, and kind of fun! Please read below how to install this update!

But first, here's what's in it...

Version 1.0.5 introduces the following fixes:

• Fixed 12 individual cases of gizmo soft-crashing related to LNAV/VNAV
  • Hardened the coroute loader against corrupted routes or invalid formats
  • No more spamming prefs file to other aircrafts folders
  • After capturing LOC only, single push of APP will now arm GS as well
  • TAKEOFF REF page not prematurely changing to CLB page anymore
  • Fixed another case of MCP speed going to M.84 after VNAV disconnect
  • Stopped AP turning off the final approach course on LNAV in some cases
  • Autobrakes should not disarm upon brake application when they are only armed
  • No more sound of starter playing without air pressure
  • Fixed wrong magnetic courses displayed on LEGS page
  • LEGS page distance TO precision adjusted for distances over 9.9NM.
  • Fix for ISA/DEV calculation when entering OAT on PERF INIT page.
  • Fixed wrong magnetic bearing and radials displaying with FIX page symbology
  • Display of terrain elevation should stay on map now in CTR MAP mode
  • Fixed frame-rate drop when holding push-to-talk switch
  • Smoother autothrust operation when in vertical speed AP mode

To upgrade your aircraft to version 1.0.5 please follow the below steps:

1. Open X-Plane and the 737 Classic as your aircraft
  2. In the X-Plane menu bar at top, select Plugins > Gizmo64 > Windows > HotFix
  3. You will be asked to enter in your HotFix ID. Copy and paste in the following: 795cbef4ceadcc7692727063afd8c4eb
  4. Click 'Update'
  5. Once it has downloaded and installed, click 'Reboot' and you'll be done!

Thank you for all of your support!

Blue Skies,
X-Aviation

• Upvote 18

What a difference between initial release and 1.05. I'm so pleased that I invested in this aircraft and I look forward to its continued growth in the future. I'm guessing the team have burnt a few candles by now! Congratulations - well done.

Edited by g0you
  • Upvote 1

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice words and feeback - I think we are getting to the point where the plane works reliably and satisfactory within the limits of what we set out to do.

Next will be adding the "missing features" as outlined in my initial post about that. We will spot/introduce some bugs during this process for sure, and I envision us doing the odd hotfix until 1.1 - but they will not be coming at a weekly basis, but rather "when having enough to warrant one".

Please continue to report all findings, it is easy to get accustomed to little peculiarities, but we want the plane to work as the real one does, without having to "work around" or "avoid" certain things!

Happy flying everyone, Jan

• Upvote 5

hey i really like the effort you guys put into fixing this beauty. still i doubt the weekly fixing cycle. i feel that with every hotfix there are unknown new  bugs waiting for us. with a little of testing these could be eliminated and we could enjoy a halfway stable product instead of serching for bugs and learn every weak how to avoid them. i really would like to wait for a better tested version. the disarm autobrake bug for example would have been noticed within a short testflight.

this version i found the radar altitude callouts not working. noticed it in the first spin, tested it two times thereafter and still: no callouts

i would love to see a little more testing before the next hotfix is released. nevertheless keep up the good work.

Edited by tryingdutchman

2 hours ago, tryingdutchman said:

hey i really like the effort you guys put into fixing this beauty. still i doubt the weekly fixing cycle. i feel that with every hotfix there are unknown new  bugs waiting for us. with a little of testing these could be eliminated and we could enjoy a halfway stable product instead of serching for bugs and learn every weak how to avoid them. i really would like to wait for a better tested version. the disarm autobrake bug for example would have been noticed within a short testflight.

this version i found the radar altitude callouts not working. noticed it in the first spin, tested it two times thereafter and still: no callouts

i would love to see a little more testing before the next hotfix is released. nevertheless keep up the good work.

Totally with you on that. We try to strike a balance between getting critical fixes out quick and not introducing new issues in the process but we have tripped a couple of times. If stability is a top priority then you might wanna considering not installing the hotfixes, but I hope we will do a much better job in QA:in those in the future. V 1.0.5 seems to have been well received so far fwiw. The radio alt call-outs issue is not new but appears to be transient on some hardware configs. 

I also agree with you both; however, we are in a bit of a unique spot.  Established companies like PMDG and such, having a reputation and sizable user base to interact with, already had a basis for a good beta program based on previous products and customer base.  Being this is our first product, and not having any type of "team" or customers we had relationships with made it a bit more difficult to get participants on the scale needed for proper QA work IMO.  I could pick about 30 people from these forums now that would make superb beta testers for a next product, etc.

Also, we are using some new tech that is a bit different...and on the one hand, allows us to further the state of the art is some areas because it allows us to do more faster...but when you do more, you also have more areas you can trip up, which also means even more areas to test, etc.  

Finally, as Nils mentioned, we are seeing issues that are not ubiquitous...and so our internal team is still only a few people and none of us may see an issue and only when it gets out on a larger scale do these come to light.   

We are strategizing ways to deal with it though.....without a doubt the ONLY way to battle-test any fix is by volume testing....and volume testing requires some adminsitration and willing participants.  I have no doubt we have enough willing participants now....all you guys are great, its more a matter of administration and implementation on our part.  We are still getting our legs as a study level simulation 'company' and we really do appreciate your patience and support.

I think the hotfixes will slow down a bit as things have settled down a bit....and we begin to work in earnest on the 1.1 release and indeed, be a bit more comprehensive in our testing.   

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 3

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.  So please be easy on me. Thanks!

Just wanted to thank the entire IXEG team for a truly awesome product!  This plane simply blew me away and was a major factor for my switch to X-Plane.

Having previously flown the real -400; are there any plans to "stretch" the current 737-300 at some point? :rolleyes:

Please keep up the good work.  Thank you!

All the best:)

9 minutes ago, Super27 said:

Hello everyone,

This is my first post.  So please be easy on me. Thanks!

Just wanted to thank the entire IXEG team for a truly awesome product!  This plane simply blew me away and was a major factor for my switch to X-Plane.

Having previously flown the real -400; are there any plans to "stretch" the current 737-300 at some point? :rolleyes:

Please keep up the good work.  Thank you!

All the best:)

Hi Super27 and welcome to X-Plane and IXEG!

I wouldn´t say no - but there is certainly more change from a -300 to a -400 than from a -300 to the -500. More overwing exits, different temperature control... In the future we would like to pick off the easy derivatives, but we have to weigh if the additional work is at least on par with the additional sales we would get from it.

Cheers, Jan

9 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I wouldn´t say no - but there is certainly more change from a -300 to a -400 than from a -300 to the -500. More overwing exits, different temperature control... In the future we would like to pick off the easy derivatives, but we have to weigh if the additional work is at least on par with the additional sales we would get from it.

Cheers, Jan

I know I'd pay extra for a -400, the -500 isn't much of an interest to me though ;)

58 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Cheers, Jan

I think people are mostly interested in the exterior 3D model and less about differences in systems, which is already very complex. Captainsim for FSX has product extensions for their base package aircraft, which mostly consist of only the exterior 3D model, and additional custom freight animations for freighters. X-plane is a bit different with airfoils so I'm not too sure how much extra work will be needed.

I know I'll pay for the -400/500 (Although I definitely want the -400 more), and definitely cargo. The last of the 737 Classics will finish their service as freighters and I think IXEG should definitely do it.

Hi all,

Since the update 1.0.4. I have some problems with the sound of the IXEG 737. Some knobs and switches doesn't work. For example the IRS, speed tests, some lights, system test, etc. I have exactly the same configuration before updating. I only installed FWL to use RTH.

Soembody can help me please?

Thank you in advance.

P.D. I attach the log.txt and the gizmolog.txt of the last flight with the IXEG.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

• Cameron locked and unpinned this topic