I have noticed that APU's EGT does raise when bleed air consumers get connected (engine starter valve most prominently):

However, when hooking up electric consumers to the APU generator (or hooking the whole busses to the APU gen), the EGT doesn't flinch:

I have no real aircraft at hand to verify, but from experience with other aircrafts I would have expected to see the EGT react also on electrical load changes. I couldn't find any videos for the real thing where the EGT display is fully visible on generator hook-up (in most videos it's just covered by the pilot's or FO's hand grabbing the APU GEN connector switches...). But again I don't know how it would work exactly in a 733, so probably someone can enlighten me wethere this is the typical behaviour, of if it's still on IXEG's todo list :)

Hi,

Just so happens that I recently made a video of an APU start and generator connect.. however I wasn't specifically looking at the EGT gauge, as these crappy movie stills will probably tell :)

BEFORE generator connect:

APUEGTbefore.png

AFTER generator connect:

APUEGTafter.png

Doesn't look like an EGT rise to me.. rather the opposite. Probably EGT still stabilizing after start.

Ken

Edited by ken_v
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...