Logo lights aren't working (No winglets)

ernestxwb

As stated already above...Winglet model of the 733 does not have logo lights. The logo light of the 733 was located at the wingtip as shown below, not like its bigger sister(the NGX) which has the logo light bulb in the horizontal stabiliser at the rear. When the blended winglets were designed they took that rake with the bulb off and never designed a logo light into the blended winglet. So its completely accurate to not have logo lights on the winglet model. Try turning off the winglets at see if its still an issue.

wingtip-on-easyjet-boeing-737-300-at-dus

Edited by nopixar

On 5/22/2016 at 2:48 AM, Litjan said:

Without HDR it is not possible to render many lights - therefore you will have a very limited experience with regard to lighting. To see all lights, you need to have HDR enabled.

Jan

I see this "trend" for lack of a better word happening quite often in Xplane aircraft development, and it's a "shame". I like many others who have been around for many, many years know how "hard" HDR is on frame rates, for minimal gains, and yes the gains are minimal from a "simulator" standpoint, if that makes sense. I loose upwards of anywhere between 25-40% fps when HDR is enabled, which I can't spare to loose, so it's never on at my end, and it never will be. I know I'm not alone here either. It's nothing but eye candy. Panels and aircraft have had more than adequate lighting in flying simulators, all flavors, long before HDR was ever introduced. And Xplane looks just fine without it, apart from the fps gains with it off, I like the look much better overall, with HDR off.

There's got to be ways to offer "lighting" of some kind without having to turn HDR on. I have other aircraft that have logo lights visible without HDR on. Yes, the lighting may look a bit prettier, or offer a bit more functionality, but to totally "loose" lighting because HDR is not enabled is again, a shame. 

This very "issue" got me banned at that other site "could care less", because you could not see the overhead panel at night without HDR on, in a payware aircraft I bought, which is just ridiculous. It was also confirmed by a few others. I would not have bought that aircraft if I'd known I'd loose a crucial function for flying at night, being able to see what your doing, just because I choose not to use HDR. 

A bit of a rant, and just my thoughts / observations, but a trend I find "unfortunate". It's like were being "forced" to turn HDR on, or loose aircraft functionality. Logo lights, not a huge deal, and the rest of the lighting on this aircraft is just fine. But it really "bugged" me, enough to get me banned, that this other developer basically dug his heels in and said it's HDR or nothing, so he lost a customer for life.

Offer full lighting functionality with HDR on, or off, or I have zero interest in your products. Again, this aircraft is fine, so this rant is a bit of a carry over from that other incident, but a trend I see just the same. And, I don't fly from the outside, so outside lighting is not a biggie in my books, but to some I'm sure it is. :)

Edit: Added pic of "other" aircraft with working logo lights "without" HDR on.

logo light.jpg

Edited by Muskoka

Hi Muskoka,

while I fully understand your frustration, in this case I would like to point you towards Laminar Research (good luck!) - they are allowing to render a limited number of lights without HDR and the logo-lights are far down on our list.

What you may see on other aircraft is a "night" texture that has the glow-cast baked into the texture... or they don´t have a large number of exterior lights, and can preserve one for the logo lights (IXEG: 2 Wheel wells, 1 Taxi, 2 Turnoff, 2 inboard landing, 2 outboard landing, 2 wing illumination, 2 logo lights = 13 total)

Jan

2 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Offer full lighting functionality with HDR on, or off, or I have zero interest in your products. 

Well, IF missing a couple of exterior lights is a dealbreaker item to you in an aircraft of this caliber, then obviously the systems, flightmodel, sounds, cockpit etc. etc. EVERYTHING that makes this aircraft very special are NOT important to you!?  In this case the whole point of even considering buying this aircraft in the first place is meaningless if you ask me...save your money for a new computer instead :)

M

5 hours ago, Morten said:

Well, IF missing a couple of exterior lights is a dealbreaker item to you in an aircraft of this caliber, then obviously the systems, flightmodel, sounds, cockpit etc. etc. EVERYTHING that makes this aircraft very special are NOT important to you!?  In this case the whole point of even considering buying this aircraft in the first place is meaningless if you ask me...save your money for a new computer instead :)

M

Really wish people would read posts before responding, you obviously didn't/don't. You have jumped to a conclusion that is totally off base, not what I said at all, and I find your response offensive, and totally unwarranted.

I for one never said it was a deal breaker to me, and stated that very clearly. I said I don't fly from outside the aircraft, and perhaps a logo light is important to others, not myself. What I did clearly say is the lighting for important parts of the aircraft are far more essential, like lighting on overhead panels. I also stated the lighting for this aircraft was fine as is.

The point in my original post still stands, and is valid. Provide adequate lighting for those that use HDR, and for those that don't. As developers, don't "force" people to turn HDR on to have functional lighting in a aircraft. That's all I was saying. 

Still stands as well, that other developer was able to provide logo lighting without HDR on, so it shouldn't be that difficult to do. But as I've already stated in my original post, I don't care about the logo lights, but obviously the original poster does, so accommodate them.

Don't need a new computer, mines more than adequate as my signature already states. More than 75% of my flying time is in helicopters, where 30 fps is bare minimum, and prefer 50 and up. Very easy to do with high settings all around, and 16x AF and AA, but not with HDR as it's totally unnecessary for simulator flight. My system is fine, been at this longer that most here have probably been alive, so it's in good hands.;)

All you needed to say in response to my post is... "as developers, we ensure all aspects of the aircraft lighting works as expected, with HDR off. You will not have to turn HDR on to enjoy all normal aspects of flight, with our aircraft". 

As far as I'm concerned the aircraft already does that, and if "this" real aircraft doesn't have logo lights, then it's not a issue at all, simple.

****Sorry Jan, missed your post. I'm not frustrated at all with this aircraft. All I was saying is that it seems some developers are requiring you to turn on HDR to get usable cockpit lighting, and I think its a step in the wrong direction. All essential lighting should be more than adequate to fly the aircraft, without HDR. That's all I wanted to say. Just don't want to see it get like that other aircraft I had a issue with that "required" you to turn HDR on to be able to see the overhead panel, making the aircraft useless from my standpoint for night operations..

Edited by Muskoka

9 hours ago, Muskoka said:

Offer full lighting functionality with HDR on, or off, or I have zero interest in your products.

This is what we read in your post above - now english is not my first language (and it is neither for Morten), and maybe you ment something else - but to me this does not jibe at all with:

1 hour ago, Muskoka said:

I for one never said it was a deal breaker to me, and stated that very clearly.

So please forgive us when we get defensive when we THINK that someone says that he has zero interest in our product because it doesn´t offer all lighting when not in HDR mode. We put a lot of effort and time into this plane, more than we will ever get even remotely reimbursed for monetarily, so it DOES hurt to read something like this.

Jan

I run X-plane 10.45 with an i7 3770k, 8gb ram and an Nvidia GTX 480 card (really outdated videocard!), with HDR turned on. I'm sceptic to the claim from Muskoka that HDR on causes a drop in FPS from 25% to 40%. I'm sure there are many other ways to improve X-plane performance. I think Muskoka's post was inappropriate and rude, considering that no valid argument could really be presented. Looks more to me like pouring gasoline on a fire. I just felt I had to react to such a post. Enough said for me. Keep up the good work IXEG team !

Regards,

Kyrre Andersen