You know guys.........

tull

I can't fly anything else anymore, I've got all the other best/better planes in my hanger Jar320/330, flight factor 757/777 etc etc, I've got the bloody lot and none of them compare whatsoever, in 20 years of flight simulation I have never know anything like this aircraft what ixeg have come up with. Just think.....all them guys over at fsx and prep3d don't know what they are missing do they, and yes I have all them too planes too pmdg etc etc...god I've spent a lot of money and none of them come close to this baby. Thank you IXEG SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!! 

Regards

Paul

EGCC 

• Upvote 11

29 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Is see many FSX/P3D users have bought x-plane only because of this aircraft. That is a good decision. :)

Here is one of them. After ~35 legs in the IXEG and many many visual patterns I made 2 legs in the PMDG yesterday. It was such a boring time cause there was absolutely no feeling in this aircraft. It sounds like a hair dryer and it flies like on rails even with gusty wind. The PMDG might look good and offer detailed systems but like all the other FSX airplanes you just don't feel like moving some 40-50 tonnes through the air. Today I am on my third leg with the IXEG again and I don't want anything else right now, as I am approaaching Dresdens runway 04 in 10 minutes ;-)

• Upvote 6

9 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

Is see many FSX/P3D users have bought x-plane only because of this aircraft. That is a good decision. :)

I'm one of them too, even if months ago before IXEG releases, I've anticipated by buying XP10 and installing HD Mesh V3, Skymax pro V3, RWC and NOAA :) so that i can fly the ixeg on day 1 :)

11 hours ago, tull said:

I can't fly anything else anymore, I've got all the other best/better planes in my hanger Jar320/330, flight factor 757/777 etc etc, I've got the bloody lot and none of them compare whatsoever, in 20 years of flight simulation I have never know anything like this aircraft what ixeg have come up with. Just think.....all them guys over at fsx and prep3d don't know what they are missing do they, and yes I have all them too planes too pmdg etc etc...god I've spent a lot of money and none of them come close to this baby. Thank you IXEG SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH!!! 

Regards

Paul

EGCC 

I agree with you!

Thanks guys for these nice words, on the behalf of the whole IXEG team!

We know that the plane isn´t perfect and some features are still missing - but we think that it already is in a state where you can really enjoy it - and hope that our customers feel the same.

Fixes and additions are coming - and you, the community - have and will bee integral in helping us shape this into the perfect rendition of a 737-300.

Please stay active in these forums, nag, whine, critique and occasionally commend our work ;).

Thanks from everyone at IXEG!

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Thanks guys for these nice words, on the behalf of the whole IXEG team!

We know that the plane isn´t perfect and some features are still missing - but we think that it already is in a state where you can really enjoy it - and hope that our customers feel the same.

Fixes and additions are coming - and you, the community - have and will bee integral in helping us shape this into the perfect rendition of a 737-300.

Please stay active in these forums, nag, whine, critique and occasionally commend our work ;).

Thanks from everyone at IXEG!

As a very recent FSX convert, I can honestly say congratulations on creating such a fine aircraft, given the resources you have. Hand flying the IXEG 737 is a real joy, it just 'feels right' compared to the best FSX aircraft like PMDG, although the Majestic Q400 do come close.

However it's systems and polish wise it's a bit "Ugh.." and it still needs a lot of work, and there are also some features that PMDG has, but IXEG don't (e.g. saved panel states for saved situations, which IMO is important for training purposes). And then there are stuff that even freeware aircraft has, but not the IXEG 737 in its current form (e.g. cabin night lighting). The IXEG 737 still needs a lot of updates, and it's somewhat difficult for me to recommend an unfinished product. At $75 that's PMDG money and people expect PMDG levels of polish.

Finally I hope you'll consider expanding the line to the -400/-500/-Cargo variants, as me and many others are willing to pay extra for them (Just like Captainsim for FSX) even if they're just exterior 3D models.

• Upvote 2

@tull - great post. And I am 100% with you. I don't have the interest to fly anything else these days. Nothing comes close to manually flying this plane on takeoff and on final. 

@avantime - Good points and I agree also. However it is important to remember when PMDG released its first 737-700 NG back in 2003/4 it was in a far worse state. In fact many simmers found it unflyable due to heavy frame rates... I remember you had to turn down everything else in order for it to get good frame rates. Of course, they fixed it and took care of it and the consumer, and continued to work on it for a long long time after. It also lacked some FMC features. So, comparing apples to apples is fine but we must not forget how both apples were initially presented.  

Edited by leinsters
  • Upvote 3

Same for me : can't fly another plane since IXEG's release. Though I was used to (virtually) fly airliners, it's an invitation to learn a lot on the subject.  This aircraft is a  great milestone in our little world of flight simulation. Next year, I will teach aeronautics to 15 years old boys and girls (in France, we have a special curriculum called "brevet d'initiation à l'aéronautique"). Sure it will help my teaching practice : in the classroom of course ;) !

So, once again, thank's for giving us so much pleasure.

Daniel.

4 hours ago, avantime said:

At $75 that's PMDG money and people expect PMDG levels of polish.

I realize that comes with the "PMDG" label - but you must also not forget that we are selling only a fraction of the units that PMDG is selling. So in fairness (assuming the same work done by us), we would probably have to ask a lot more than 75$ to even come close to the amount of profit that PMDG is making when selling for Prepared and FSX.

Jan

• Upvote 7

Im a Norwegian flightsimmer addict, and i have 2 favorite aircrafts in my hangar, thats the Rotate MD-80 and the IXEG 737, every else of xplanes aircraft is parked. :P 

in the beginning, a few years ago, when i first started to use the X-plane, after being a MSFS fan since 98, i had no clue on how to set things up and use X-plane, but now it is my favorite simulator, i will never ever return to MSFS. Forever X-plane and IXEG :) 

• Upvote 2

well in opinion IXEG > PMDG in therms sound/graphics/eye candies stuff/hand flying.

The only thing lacking currently is the FMC feature but it will be updated . When it will be updated it will better than PMDG in all aspects but that's my opinion after owning PMDG 737NG 2004/NGX/B777 fsx + 737 NGX P3D + B777 P3D  ( it's (was) a PMDG hardcore fan telling you that, lol ).

Can't complain with bugs, even the NGX and B77 has lots of bugs even lots CTD at release, so.....

Edited by cmbaviator
  • Upvote 2

The FAA and CAA are gonna be doing me for 737-300 classic abuse !!!

Can't keep my sweaty mitts of the beauty :P

First payware, fell lucky the release coincided with looking for a plane

Since the 737, i have got the 767 by erm i forget but it's nice enough, and tuesday i think it was i got thr 747 ssg package

Tried the 747 just again, lasted 2hrs, 1hr was sat on settee watching super vet, 1hr frantic flying with a drooping 6 !!!

Back to the classic to finish the evening off :)

So hard and addictive to learn for a first time purchase, love it love it love it

Tony

I agree 100 percent I do love to do touch n gos in my airfoil labs c172 from time to time if I am limited on flying time that night but really, I find myself in this plane more and more even on short hops. I saw some very short flights between palm springs and LAX that the CRJ's run on a daily basis...its about a 30 min flight and since I fly on pilot edge and I have ZL17 photo scenery for all of the southwest united states from g2xpl, I try to find really short routes to fly. This route is great cause it gets me in the 737 and I can hit it real quick and do a turn around and go back to palm springs. 

Really great plane guys! I love it so much, its hard to go back to anything else. I do wish the FMS had each key programmable to I could use the keyboard to type...I have carpal tunnel so the fewer clicks for me, the better!! 

On 5/18/2016 at 6:19 AM, Litjan said:

I realize that comes with the "PMDG" label - but you must also not forget that we are selling only a fraction of the units that PMDG is selling. So in fairness (assuming the same work done by us), we would probably have to ask a lot more than 75$ to even come close to the amount of profit that PMDG is making when selling for Prepared and FSX.

Jan

Yeah I know, but that's the mindset of most newcomers from FSX - they see the $75 price tag and they immediately start comparing it with $75 FSX addons.

However I must say that once the -300 is all patched up I would have no hesitation in recommending this product to everyone. I had no regrets buying this because I'm a fan of the 737 Classic and I've followed your blog for more than a year now, but others may be less forgiving.

1 hour ago, avantime said:

Yeah I know, but that's the mindset of most newcomers from FSX - they see the $75 price tag and they immediately start comparing it with $75 FSX addons.

However I must say that once the -300 is all patched up I would have no hesitation in recommending this product to everyone. I had no regrets buying this because I'm a fan of the 737 Classic and I've followed your blog for more than a year now, but others may be less forgiving.

Only a year ;)

For me, it's the whole package offered by IXEG that makes it outstanding beyond anything I experienced in nearly 25 years of flight simming (yes, I started with FS3 ;)). Giving all those insights into the development process and progress, all those great videos done by Jan (including, but not only the tutorial ones) teaching me a lot about the B733 and airmanship in general, of course the great flight model - never enjoyed hand-flying a tubeliner so much as with the B733, it's just marvellous how precisely it follows control & trim inputs. Not speaking of the modelling detail for systems - not focusing so much on the FMS only, but also on pneumatics, hydraulics (never had another model that showed hydraulics quanitity impacts by actuators filling up), ... Plus a super-immersive cockpit - visually and audibly (I love the background sounds like cooling, pack flow, woodpecker plus the variety of sounds all those knobs and dials are causing).

And last but certainly not least the dedication of the IXEG team, producing hotfix after hotfix, patiently digesting everything we throw at them in the bug reports section, looking even into seemingly absurd reports where other developers would long have declined it could be related to their add-on. This really deserves recognition, so a big big Thank You to the whole IXEG team!

• Upvote 2

I said it in another forum and repeat myself here

we shouldn't be comparing IXEG vs PMDG or XP vs. P3D, and even less the combination of products.

these are two different products on different platforms addressing different customer types. I wouldn't want to put a 737 C into the hands of a few of my sim colleagues, they just wouldn't even get to the point of flying her and I would end up giving private support one by one. XP is too much hassle for them, FSX/PMDG is exactly what they need in terms of out of the box and onto the runway.  If I remember the initial hassles I had after my shift from FSX a few months ago with XP, the way of controlling views, settings and its different plugins... Lua, SASL etc etc... and I have a bit of a clue how to handle a PC. 

Personally I prefer the IXEG/XP combination for many of the reasons above, but then I am really curious to see what PMDG have been able to do on XP with their DC-6. Competition will push every developer further, and that is good news for XP.

IXEG keep up the great work, one of the key difrerentiators for this small group of talented developers is the first class support you get: one month in the market and we are already at 4th patch. I know other devs that do not even care about proper communication after launch. 

• Upvote 2