[LNAV] EBBR RWY 25R SPI3D departure draws incorrectly

daemotron

Reference: IXEG B733 version 1.0.3, NDP AIRAC 1605

Another STAR that does not draw correctly. First I thought it's along the same book as 

and there are certainly some similarities; the wrong turn direction is again linked to a "virtual" waypoint with a fly-by tag (cf. attached nav data extract file).

However, one thing intrigued me about this one, and it was the fact that I thought I remembered the route had looked correctly when checking in draft mode (the dashed blue line before EXEC). So I simply chose the STAR again, and yes, I was right about that one:

Also true if the STAR is re-selected on the DEP APP page:

So in draft mode, the STAR is drawn correctly with a left turn, but after EXEC the turn is reversed (cf attached IXEG_debug_03.txt).

Again, setting the questionable waypoint (WP ID 3 "(INTC)") to Fly-over fixes the whole story (cf attached IXEG_debug_04.txt) :

I'm currently trying to find a rule when a virtual WP needs to be considered Fly-over, so I can automatically create a list of procedures that require updating. Before, my guess was that only ConstHdgToAlt WPs at the beginning of a STAR were concerned, now I think it's rather:

• Any virtual WP of the type ConstHdgToAlt or Intc
  • But only if the subsequent WP is of type Normal
  • No matter if there's a Normal or virtual WP predecessing the questionable WP

Can anyone confirm?

Edited by daemotron
Added runway, just saw the STAR also applies to 25L